Ordered Several new Cases, will Review as they come in.

Search This thread

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Well as you can see from my Signature I am kind of a accessory freak. I ordered several new cases, and screen protector, and a few of them are coming today. I will review as they come in. I ordered a Black, a Blue, and a Red Poetic Leather Stand Cases. I loved the one I got for my Galaxy Tab that I knew I wanted one (or more) of the same case for my Fire, and since they come on several color options I couldnt resist.

I also ordered a Black MiniSuit TPU , and a White BlueCell TPU . All 3 of the Poetic cases are coming today so I will most likely review them later today.

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Ok, a little later than I had mentioned, but never the less heres a short review of the Poetic Leather Cases, and the White TPU, the 2nd black TPU (Minisuit) comes later today.

Poetic Leather Cases: All 3 of the stand cases are the same except for the color (Black, Red, and Blue), so Ill just review one and post pics for all of them. The fit is perfect, holds the Fire in place very well, and the hook that keeps it closed is very secure. There are 3 standing positions that you can use, and they are all in landscape. This isnt one of the 360 degree kind that will work in portrait also. All of the ports are easily accessed, and just like on my Gtab 7.7 only one of the speakers is just slightly covered (see picture #7). The stitching is well done, and the whole case seems very durable so far. I originally bought one of these type for my Gtab 7.7, and liked it so much I bought 3 for my Fire :D.

Recommended: YES

TPU Cases: I ordered 2 TPU cases recently, and already had one from a previous Fire and so far one fits great, one not so good, and one gets delivered later today. Theres really not a whole lot to say about these because they are pretty simple. But I will post links, and explain which one fits, and which ones dont.

The first one I bought is here. So far its the one I use the most because of how well it fits. Snug like it should be, all ports easily accessed, no blockage.

The second one I got is here. This one doesnt fit right. It doesnt seal to the edges like it should, has that slight bulge of the sides, and the usb port cut out is too small. The stock charger usb doesnt go in right when the case is on. Not much else to say on this one.

Recommended: NO

The last one that will arrive later today is here. I have high hopes that this one will fit great because its a Minisuit brand, and Ive got a leather Minisuit Stand case for my Gtab 7.7 that is great. I will update this review soon with the Minisuit Black TPU.

Recommended: TBD

Attachments

• 2).jpg
    2).jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 3).jpg
    3).jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 4).jpg
    4).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 1).jpg
    1).jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 5).jpg
    5).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 6).jpg
    6).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 167
  • 7).jpg
    7).jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 8).jpg
    8).jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 12).jpg
    12).jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 11).jpg
    11).jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 10).jpg
    10).jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 9).jpg
    9).jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 13).jpg
    13).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 150
  • 14).jpg
    14).jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 15).jpg
    15).jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 16).jpg
    16).jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 17).jpg
    17).jpg
    247 KB · Views: 145
  • 18).jpg
    18).jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 19).jpg
    19).jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 20).jpg
    20).jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Reactions: Evo_Shift

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Well since I ran out of room for picture slots in the first post :rolleyes: Ill post the Minisuit Black TPU review here.

This one fits a lot better than the white one, but not quite as good as this black one that I had bought for a previous Fire I had. It may just be that its new though and needs to wear in. It just slightly sticks out a little too far on the bottom rather than snugging up to the edge. Now this could be considered good or bad depending on how you look at it. It goes on and comes of easier if your a glass half full type, but if your a glass half empty person than youll notice it. So I guess that explains which one I am. ;) I do like the X pattern on this new one more though. Its a slimmer X, with the rest having a kind of carbon fiber look. Ive got a clear one just like it on my Gtab 7.7 with another set of 6 on the way. $16 for 6 different color TPU cases cannot be beat. I will however have an extra pink one sitting around. :D

Anyway I highly recommend this case if someones looking for a nice and cheap TPU for their Fire. Pics attached.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 174

esox_hu

Dec 16, 2010
case reviews

Hi Gam3r 4 Life,

Thanks for your review. I've just bought a case, but it's a bit bigger than i expected. Even if the size of it, it's hard to switch the KF ON, when it's in the case. Pictures are here.

What i wanted to buy is this one, but unfortunately the seller isn't posting to Hungary.

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Hi Gam3r 4 Life,

Thanks for your review. I've just bought a case, but it's a bit bigger than i expected. Even if the size of it, it's hard to switch the KF ON, when it's in the case. Pictures are here.

What i wanted to buy is this one, but unfortunately the seller isn't posting to Hungary.

Your first link didnt work when I tried it. But I agree, the power button is slightly recessed.

Kcuhc

Feb 9, 2012
I own this:

amazon.com/Gumdrop-Cases-Series-Protective-Kindle/dp/B006K120UG/ref=sr_1_21?s=fiona-hardware&ie=UTF8&qid=1336054235&sr=1-21

At the time, it only came in Black. Seems to be a couple new colors now. It also came with a screen cover. But I found the cover got much dirtier then the regular kindle screen.

I used a knife to pry off the "plastic" screen, which was just attached with some heavy-duty double sided tape. The case comes in 3 pieces. You can choose to just leave the entire piece off that the plastic screen is attached to. but there is a noticeable gap and its visually unappealing.

Very happy with this. It adds some weight, some size. Oddly enough, the biggest PITA was having to pen the flap for the USB/Power to verify the orange light when loading into FFF. With Hash's new FFF, you get the prompt on the screen :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, a little later than I had mentioned, but never the less heres a short review of the Poetic Leather Cases, and the White TPU, the 2nd black TPU (Minisuit) comes later today.

Poetic Leather Cases: All 3 of the stand cases are the same except for the color (Black, Red, and Blue), so Ill just review one and post pics for all of them. The fit is perfect, holds the Fire in place very well, and the hook that keeps it closed is very secure. There are 3 standing positions that you can use, and they are all in landscape. This isnt one of the 360 degree kind that will work in portrait also. All of the ports are easily accessed, and just like on my Gtab 7.7 only one of the speakers is just slightly covered (see picture #7). The stitching is well done, and the whole case seems very durable so far. I originally bought one of these type for my Gtab 7.7, and liked it so much I bought 3 for my Fire :D.

TPU Cases: I ordered 2 TPU cases recently, and already had one from a previous Fire and so far one fits great, one not so good, and one gets delivered later today. Theres really not a whole lot to say about these because they are pretty simple. But I will post links, and explain which one fits, and which ones dont.

The first one I bought is here. So far its the one I use the most because of how well it fits. Snug like it should be, all ports easily accessed, no blockage.

The second one I got is here. This one doesnt fit right. It doesnt seal to the edges like it should, has that slight bulge of the sides, and the usb port cut out is too small. The stock charger usb doesnt go in right when the case is on. Not much else to say on this one.

Recommended: NO

The last one that will arrive later today is here. I have high hopes that this one will fit great because its a Minisuit brand, and Ive got a leather Minisuit Stand case for my Gtab 7.7 that is great. I will update this review soon with the Minisuit Black TPU.

Recommended: TBD