T-Mo Insurance Claim

Search This thread

RXDriv3r

May 4, 2011
Quick question since no answer in the Q&A section..

I dropped my phone, glass shattered. Hows the insurance on Tmo? I've never done a insurance claim thing so I dont know if I have to pay anything, also if when I go into T-mo I should bring the phone stock?

mreeekay

Oct 21, 2009
The insurance from t-mo is pretty good. You will have to pay the deductible. I don't think it matters on the phone's rom. When I murdered my G2, I filled the form out online from Asurion with all the info, paid my deductible and they sent me a refurbished phone with a brand new charger, cable, and battery. You can only make up to 2 claims a year I think though.

ce3jay

Sep 19, 2009
When I did claims on my rooted phones, I had custom roms on it. T-mo or asurion never said anything about them.

You can make 2 claims within a 12 month period.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
When I did claims on my rooted phones, I had custom roms on it. T-mo or asurion never said anything about them.

You can make 2 claims within a 12 month period.
i think you can make 2 claims in 12 months if the phone been stolen or lost, but you can have a warranty exchange as how many times you want,

and yes it is best to have back to stock unless your phone died and wont come back on even with a different battery,

just call tmobile and tell them you want a warranty exchange, i think the deductible for a broken screen its $80, deductible for a exchange if your phone brick its $5, and the deductible for when the phone is stolen or lost its $130

but tmobile is really good with their warranty exchange,
other wise if the rep you are dealing with wont make a warranty exchange its because they told not to do warranties exchange often, they get more points if they dont..

i pretty much know the system, my BF its a tmobile tech support :)

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
i think you can make 2 claims in 12 months if the phone been stolen or lost, but you can have a warranty exchange as how many times you want,

and yes it is best to have back to stock unless your phone died and wont come back on even with a different battery,

just call tmobile and tell them you want a warranty exchange, i think the deductible for a broken screen its $80, deductible for a exchange if your phone brick its $5, and the deductible for when the phone is stolen or lost its $130

but tmobile is really good with their warranty exchange,
other wise if the rep you are dealing with wont make a warranty exchange its because they told not to do warranties exchange often, they get more points if they dont..

i pretty much know the system, my BF its a tmobile tech support :)

They get nothing from not doing your exchange, it's that broken screens aren't part of your warranty. That's what you would pay insurance for and the charge isn't 80 dollars either.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Quick question since no answer in the Q&A section..

I dropped my phone, glass shattered. Hows the insurance on Tmo? I've never done a insurance claim thing so I dont know if I have to pay anything, also if when I go into T-mo I should bring the phone stock?[/QUOTE

Please keep all question based threads in the Q&A section.

Thread Moved.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
XDA Rules: http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/xdas-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/market-place-rules-updated/

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

bangsters

Apr 5, 2010
If they will charge you around $130 upwards, I think it would be better to just call TMO and ask them to give you a courtesy and allow you another full upgrade price.

I cancelled my Assurion insurance on my phones, and when I dropped my phone, I just explained to them and asked if they could give me a courtesy and allow me to get another phone for full upgrade price. If you've been a loyal customer (been with TMO since 2003 and pay a significant monthly) they would normally let you get a phone for full upgrade price.

either way, good luck and hopefully you get it replaced or fixed.