HELP! constant reboot on every rom

Search This thread

1stloc

Mar 23, 2011
can anyone help me i have a g2 801 t-mobile version and flashed the cloudyflex rom and noticed i didnt have data working so i went to twrp and wiped everything and restored my old stock rom but notice nothing was working no wifi no notification bar and it keeps randomly rebooting and it cant be turned off i have flashed several backups i had stored and none of them work

zacharias99

Jan 24, 2014
Heraklion
can anyone help me i have a g2 801 t-mobile version and flashed the cloudyflex rom and noticed i didnt have data working so i went to twrp and wiped everything and restored my old stock rom but notice nothing was working no wifi no notification bar and it keeps randomly rebooting and it cant be turned off i have flashed several backups i had stored and none of them work

I would suggest you to make a clean install of the stock rom!
That should fix the issue!

1stloc

Mar 23, 2011
What recovery were you using and do you have any backups from then or is everything gone?

the latest twrp....i have backups on my computer but cant transfer them because it keeps rebooting and since i went back to stock i cant root as it does not let cuz of the constant reboot

ZetterbergDatsyuk

Jun 8, 2012
Livonia, MI
I had the exact same problem! Phone would boot into the rom, or stock and freeze after about a minute and reboot itself constantly. I had the updated version of TWRP and was flashing the new 1/30 Mahdi build and it happened after I did that! I tried flashing stock roms, aosp roms, and eventually did a Flash back to stock method, which non of them worked. I took the phone into T-Mobile and did a warranty replacement, got a new one overnight. Not sure if it is related to Mahdi or not, but it happened after a supposed successful flash.

I tried my TWRP Backups too, and those still restarted on me. Nothing helped me..Tried wiping the sd card, format the whole card, wipe cache, fix perm..

Hopefully you have a warranty or figure it out!

Good luck.

Last edited:

1stloc

Mar 23, 2011
I had the exact same problem! Phone would boot into the rom, or stock and freeze after about a minute and reboot itself constantly. I had the updated version of TWRP and was flashing the new 1/30 Mahdi build and it happened after I did that! I tried flashing stock roms, aosp roms, and eventually did a Flash back to stock method, which non of them worked. I took the phone into T-Mobile and did a warranty replacement, got a new one overnight. Not sure if it is related to Mahdi or not, but it happened after a supposed successful flash.

I tried my TWRP Backups too, and those still restarted on me. Nothing helped me..Tried wiping the sd card, format the whole card, wipe cache, fix perm..

Good luck.

Dam no I do not have warranty and I'm on a prepaid plan and bought the phone from swappa sucks the phone is a waste now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1stloc

Mar 23, 2011

Good luck.

Hey can you tell me how t-mobile insurance works i use to be with sprint and if they couldnt fix it they would send me a new at no cost...my friend has t-mobile insurance can he put his sim card in and they have a look at it and if they do will he be charged anything?

Nicamarcel1

Mar 25, 2012
worcester
OK learn about adb sideload so you can sibeload a ROM or have you us LG G2 to go back to stock and start all over?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ZetterbergDatsyuk

Jun 8, 2012
Livonia, MI
Dam no I do not have warranty and I'm on a prepaid plan and bought the phone from swappa sucks the phone is a waste now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Should still be under warranty with LG. I'd call their support and give them the serial number to see if it still covered.

As far as the LG Warranty goes, all I did is walk into the store and show them the issue at hand, and he put in a order for a new one sent overnight to me. They send you a prepaid label and a box to ship your old one back(phone only). The new phone I have appears to be brand new, with all the crazy plastic protection on it... not sure if it is a refurbish or not. Didn't cost me a penny, as I have the JUMP w/ protection plan.