problems after update to ROM 4.3

Search This thread

ahmedemad

Jan 13, 2012
Hey All,

I have problems with my GT-N7100 after updating to rom 4.3, it's a weird situation after trying all solutions available online (all solutions I found ).

I will tell you the full scenario and please try to help me with it.

I was on rom 4.1.2 , after flashing rom 4.3 from sammobile, I started getting not registered on network, I couldn't solve it at first and I was afraid to try solving it by myself. I sent to service center and he said he can't make it work on 4.3 and it must be downgraded to 4.1.1 and he did it and it was working. I guess he installed a German rom , baseband: N7100XXALIH.

I decided to try upgrading again to rom 4.3 but first I took a backup by rom manager and then I flashed the 4.3 rom and the network problem happened again, the IMEI is correct.

I tried several ways including ariza patch and flashing several modems but it didn't work, until I found the way to flash: Patched_N7100_MK4_KERNEL then flash: Patched_N7100_XXUEMJ5_Modem.
That fixed the network problem and it worked super fine but at the same time I had problem with the wifi , it can't be turned on.

I tried Dr.Ketan wifi patch, but it didn't fix it.
I restored the 4.1.1 backup which I had at first but I still have the not registered on network problem.

I wanna run 4.3 rom and solve the network problem as well as the wifi problem.

please help me to solve this problem.

PS: I bought this phone last year from HK and I flashed 4.1.2 rom for Egypt right after I bought it and it was working fine. now after I tried rom 4.3 for Egypt, UAE, and HK I'm still having problems.
There is a service office said he can solve it but it's gonna cost around 40 USD, I wanna save that money and know the solution by myself to be able to solve it if I face it later.

Sorry for the long thread. your quick help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

ahmedemad

Jan 13, 2012
well , I successfully fixed the problem, but now i have a question, I installed my rom from sammobile, did wipe data,cache , dalvik. but still my device status is custom. how to make it official ?!