HTC screen exchange

Search This thread

brorex

May 19, 2007
Colorado
I shattered the screen on my phone called for the one replacement for free no problems there. I chose to get the replacement device instead of having them fix mine. Should I flash this phone back to stock before sending it back in? I have boot loader unlocked but not S-off the phone. Any thoughts or experiences welcome. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
I thought you voided warranty when you unlock? Just relock and I 'think' you'll be fine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: brorex

jfvick

Dec 20, 2012
Charleston
I shattered the screen on my phone called for the one replacement for free no problems there. I chose to get the replacement device instead of having them fix mine. Should I flash this phone back to stock before sending it back in? I have boot loader unlocked but not S-off the phone. Any thoughts or experiences welcome. Thanks

I just went through this. Before I sent mine back I went S-off, locked bootloader, removed the tampered and relocked tags, and went 100% stock, I left it s-off since people say this trips the tags again and can cause other problems. They still tried to charge me $290 to replace the motherboard since it was unlocked (they check if you requested an unlock token even though this doesn't mean you used it). After arguing with them they finally said they would fix my phone for free since it was all stock ("HTC supported software").

Ultimately, you'll have to see what they say when you send it back. For some people, HTC hasn't said a thing even if they left s-on and had relocked tag, for others they charged them $290 no matter what. The only advice I can offer if this happens is to point out that there are two separate warranties, a Limited Warranty and an Expanded Limited Warranty (the screen replacement). The screen warranty says nothing about unlocking your phone voiding the warranty.

Reactions: brorex

brorex

May 19, 2007
Colorado
I opted for the replacement phone I'm trying to use the RUU to flash back to stock but haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully I can get it back don't really want to be charged that much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought you voided warranty when you unlock? Just relock and I 'think' you'll be fine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just went through this. Before I sent mine back I went S-off, locked bootloader, removed the tampered and relocked tags, and went 100% stock, I left it s-off since people say this trips the tags again and can cause other problems. They still tried to charge me $290 to replace the motherboard since it was unlocked (they check if you requested an unlock token even though this doesn't mean you used it). After arguing with them they finally said they would fix my phone for free since it was all stock ("HTC supported software").

Ultimately, you'll have to see what they say when you send it back. For some people, HTC hasn't said a thing even if they left s-on and had relocked tag, for others they charged them $290 no matter what. The only advice I can offer if this happens is to point out that there are two separate warranties, a Limited Warranty and an Expanded Limited Warranty (the screen replacement). The screen warranty says nothing about unlocking your phone voiding the warranty.
    I opted for the replacement phone I'm trying to use the RUU to flash back to stock but haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully I can get it back don't really want to be charged that much

I followed this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2751011, includes links to RUU. PM me if you have questions.