Your experiences with JB firmware and battery life?

Search This thread

adb7

Dec 7, 2013
I'm still running JB MK2, BTU region firmware with root and the battery life is horrible, worse than MJ7. I've been too busy to sort it out, but now i have time i want to fix it. What was the best JB firmware past MK2 for battery life?

I'm not interested in upgrading to KK, I'm not sure if you can root it (haven't read up on that yet) and cant be bothered figuring it all out

Last edited:

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
I'm still running JB MK2, BTU region firmware with root and the battery life is horrible, worse than MJ7. I've been too busy to sort it out, but now i have time i want to fix it. What was the best JB firmware past MK2 for battery life?

I'm not interested in upgrading to KK, I'm not sure if you can root it (haven't read up on that yet) and cant be bothered figuring it all out

some ppl having good battery life with JB, some are feeling much better with KK.
I myself feel better in KK.
any firmware you can root it. Just a matter of you ready to get tripped KNOX or not (even in MK2). :D

You can do some search on making your device to have a better battery life.
example : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48694548&postcount=1

Most of the time, to be frank battery usage will be depends on your installed apps & your phone usage.

Cheers.

adb7

Dec 7, 2013
some ppl having good battery life with JB, some are feeling much better with KK.
I myself feel better in KK.
any firmware you can root it. Just a matter of you ready to get tripped KNOX or not (even in MK2). :D

You can do some search on making your device to have a better battery life.
example : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48694548&postcount=1

Most of the time, to be frank battery usage will be depends on your installed apps & your phone usage.

Cheers.

I still haven't tripped knox, that is one of the reasons i'd like to stick to JB, I've carried my root over from the de la vaga exploit luckily. Since I upgraded from MJ7 to MK2 (many months ago lol) my battery life has been terrible, I didn't change a thing on the phone or install any new apps so the only thing that could be causing the battery drain is the firmware

Just wondering if anyone has good experiences in terms of battery life with JB firmware MK2 or higher, doesn't matter what region

adb7

Dec 7, 2013
did anyone have good battery life on MK2 firmware from another region (i.e not BTU)?

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm still running JB MK2, BTU region firmware with root and the battery life is horrible, worse than MJ7.

That's why I stayed with MJ7. That being said I also had to add some stuff into Wakelock Terminator for Google Play Services - at some point during this year that one become a large battery drain (if you have any network connection open).

Last edited: