Zenfone 5 not charging when turned on !

Search This thread

adnaanbheda

Jun 8, 2014
What happened before this happened :

I charged my phone with a car charger with the same USB cable which Asus provided

Now, today, i can't charge my phone while it's on :( and even if i turn off the phone the charging sign doesn't come which shows that the phone is charging but yes, it charges as after 10minutes of charging, When i turned on the phone it showed 10 % charged.

Also, the phone is heating very much now, it didn't before.

Any idea ? guys ! Help me ASAP !

_vijays

Oct 3, 2014
What happened before this happened :

I charged my phone with a car charger with the same USB cable which Asus provided

Now, today, i can't charge my phone while it's on :( and even if i turn off the phone the charging sign doesn't come which shows that the phone is charging but yes, it charges as after 10minutes of charging, When i turned on the phone it showed 10 % charged.

Also, the phone is heating very much now, it didn't before.

Any idea ? guys ! Help me ASAP !

I am facing almost the same problem.
My phone (45 days old) is charging only via Car charger and neither via A/C adapter nor via computer - USB cable.

Did you got any solution?

-Vijay-

hotvibes

Feb 13, 2014
Facing same problem

I am also facing same problem. Anybody has a solution to this. My phone is also 45 days old :(

hotvibes

Feb 13, 2014
I am also facing same problem. Anybody has a solution to this. My phone is also 45 days old :(

Took the phone to Asus service center. They said that the motherboard has gone bad, and will have to be replaced. Luckily the phone was under warranty :)
So, if you face this problem, only resolution is to take it to the service center.

DaniEconomy

Mar 6, 2015
Solution!!!

And did you have to pay for it or it's Manufacturer's fault?

People I found the solution. In Argentina (where I live) asus hasn't support. But I found that you can charge the battery with any charger of 500 mA(no original of 1350 neither 1000, which is the most common today).

You can charge the battery in the car too, ps3, ps4, computer or you can buy an externa battery with the output of 500 mA.

I hope that helps you :)

Regards!!!

Last edited:

hridz

Apr 4, 2015
help

can you please explain the battery issue? i am facing the same problem with zenfon6

alauddinshafi

Feb 19, 2015
Asus Zen 5 charging problem facing

Hi guys I am showing Asus Zen 5 how to jumper USB and quick charging this is testing hundred percent working WhatsApp 9840 653 864 Alauddin Shafi @ gmail.com