Search This thread

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Sure,

There are about 3 dozen ways to logcat, but this is my favorite

1) Grab a logcat App
- I prefer Log Viewer in the Play store

2) On Android 4.2.X, you need to move the application to system/data
- The best way is go to Titanium Backup. Long press and hit 'Convert to system app'
- Or use any root explorer and move to system/app

*** You get style points if at this step you queue up the process you are about to log in order to minimize spam in the logger.

3) Open Log Viewer or whatever app
- Hit 'Read'
- Hit the trash button until the log is clear. (Just starting up makes thousands of lines of code)

4) Now navigate to the problem and replicate it.

5) Hit recents and stop the logger. Send it in.

Here goes:

http://db.tt/KnbcrblP = Storage FC

http://db.tt/xhTnJfxN = DPI changed to 160

These are based on 4 Mar.

Reactions: DHO

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Very nice. Storage logcat is beautiful.

Storage FC is 1 of 2 things. I will test one then the other.

DPI changer log was not as clean, it looks like tab was still booting up so tons of spam. I am still shifting through it but nothing is jumping out. I might need a cleaner one to narrow things down.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Very nice. Storage logcat is beautiful.

Storage FC is 1 of 2 things. I will test one then the other.

DPI changer log was not as clean, it looks like tab was still booting up so tons of spam. I am still shifting through it but nothing is jumping out. I might need a cleaner one to narrow things down.

For DPI changer log, what was captured includes the changing and reboot. It was only "Stopped" after the reboot. Hope this information helps. On second thoughts, I should have done one that "stops" after the change, before the reboot. I was thinking of the outcome, which should be after a reboot.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
For DPI changer log, what was captured includes the changing and reboot. It was only "Stopped" after the reboot. Hope this information helps. On second thoughts, I should have done one that "stops" after the change, before the reboot. I was thinking of the outcome, which should be after a reboot.

When you reboot it nuked the logger. Try changing, then stopping and sending. I have the reboot now :)

Tonight's build should fix the Storage FC issue. (If for any reason it didn;t it make be because I did not clobber the build prior)

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Also does it work at other DPIs?

It's confirmed working on Grouper, so I know we are soo close. Just need to figure out the slight difference in Tilapia and will be go-to-go!

zard

Jul 19, 2005

It's confirmed working on Grouper, so I know we are soo close. Just need to figure out the slight difference in Tilapia and will be go-to-go!

Congratulations! Almost done. Tried 160 and default 213 DPI, all working. Version tested is 5 & 6 March 2013.

1. Settings - Storage - FC - Resolved

2. UI Mode - NavBar and SystemBar - Resolved

3. The combined width entries are missing - Resolved

New issues:
1. When opening the built-in browser, error occurs: Connection problem. There was a network error. This seems to happen only with XDA forum. When I tried with other websites, no such error.

2. After boot up, error occurs: Unfortunately, Messenging has stopped. If I open up messenging up, no such error.

Logcat
for connection problem is attached.

Attachments

• logcat-1362555023368.zip
    704 bytes · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2013-03-06-15-27-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-06-15-27-07.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_2013-03-06-15-28-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-06-15-28-27.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: DHO and PVL_93_RU

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Congratulations! Almost done. Tried 160 and default 213 DPI, all working. Version tested is 5 & 6 March 2013.

New issues:
1. When opening the built-in browser, error occurs: Connection problem. There was a network error. This seems to happen only with XDA forum. When I tried with other websites, no such error.

2. After boot up, error occurs: Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped. If I open up messaging up, no such error.

Logcat

Alright now we are making some progress.

I will look at the logcats after work and see if I can find the culprit.

Thanks for your great testing.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
I might need a bit more in that logcat ;) I know,.. it's a fine balance.

It sounds proprietary related. I did not have time today, but I plan on refactoring them with another repo to ensure I got the best Tegra props.

Also would you find the full MMS app better than the basic one? I can include either, but usually the basic is included with GSM tabs.

zard

Jul 19, 2005

It sounds proprietary related. I did not have time today, but I plan on refactoring them with another repo to ensure I got the best Tegra props.

Also would you find the full MMS app better than the basic one? I can include either, but usually the basic is included with GSM tabs.

On the telipia, I don't use the Messenging app at all. The issue is really the error message, which needs to be addressed. Same goes to the network connection error.

Reactions: DHO

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
On the telipia, I don't use the Messenging app at all. The issue is really the error message, which needs to be addressed. Same goes to the network connection error.

I okay, today I reconciled all the proprietary drivers with Codefire. Also been submitting a ton of small bug fixes across the board.

IF any problems with data I could use a longer changelog, I think the error was not fully captured on the last one. If the app is running, you may need to kill it, start logging then open it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

New issues:

2. After boot up, error occurs: Unfortunately, Messenging has stopped. If I open up messenging up, no such error.

Logcat
    Sorry they got uploaded to the wrong directory. I Moved them to the correct one.

Not sure if there will be a build tonight, as we are having issues with the gerrit and that will be the focus

Will test and let you know.

1. APN is working now.

2. PIE is working now, but not much use since the options available is similar to navigation bar, unless the purpose is to disable navigation bar. I installed a PIE app from Google Play and that was able to add in applications to the PIE control.

Hopefully you can work on the other two soon. FYI, there is another rom that was just realised, AOKP official, and that has the full tablet mode working, ie status bar is below.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    New Nightly is up. it should have alot of butter.

Should have BT fixesd, enabled telephony and SMS.
    Not sure if I fixed desktop/launcher issue or not, but added 213 DPI and that should hopefully force tablet mode.

Fantastic! Hopping over to download.

Update :

Looks like nothing has changed.

1. Bluetooth still can't turn on

2. Tablet mode at 160 and Nexus 7 mode at 213, status bar and notifications bar still stays at the top.

3. Under settings, display, navigation bar, advanced settings, after the "Navigation bar width" section where there is some explanation of combined width help, there's a whole lot of missing settings:

a. Combined bar width port
    b. Combined bar width land

After Nav button transparency, missing settings:
    a. NAVBAR HIDE OPTIONS
    e. Hidden Navbar Enable

4. APN still needs to be done manually, ie it's not automatically done. I didn't try to do it manually though, but I believe if done manually, it will work since the first nightly I tried works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Nightly is finally up