Issues with wifi calling on unlocked phone. Input appreciated.

Search This thread

sbezdeka

Sep 4, 2018
Just to preface, I feel really over my head with this stuff but I'll try to explain my phone as best I can.

I recently purchased an unlocked s7 Active to use on my T-mobile plan and it was working great. But i've noticed the icon for wifi calling is stuck in it's blue mode and the wifi calling tab in settings is greyed out so I can't click on it. I've tried starting it in safe mode but it didn't make a difference and I also tried a hard reset. Someone in passing told me I may need to flash my phone to fix this. Is that the case? If so, what do I need to do to do that?

Thanks in advance for your patience and help, like I said I'm not at all familiar with this stuff but I'll do my best to fix it!

Edit- after posting I also noticed that under my "software update" tab I have two options, I can click check for software update and then it says my software is up to date. the other button is "continue update" but it's greyed out. Does that mean something went wrong with the update? My phone says it's currently running on version 7.0 QK4(ATT)

Last edited: