[Q] Begginer help

Search This thread

blackdogdz

Dec 7, 2011
Ok i was already investigating on how to put in a custom recovery, i'll do the unlock and flash a recov. But still i find it very disappointing from HTC to have those kinds of problems on a supposedly high end device, i know it's not a flagship phone but still >_<

blackdogdz

Dec 7, 2011
Here is the latest getvar all of the device before going into anything, i downloaded ARHD rom, now i ill start by unlocking the bootloader, flashing a recov, and then i'll report back.

(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.73.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.707.3
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4129mV
(bootloader) devpower: 100
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

EDIT: All right i have unlocked and installed latest TRWP recovery, i will backup everything first then i'll pursue with the adventure :p

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Oke well it comes down to this. You download the desired custom rom and place it on the sdcard.

Flash the boot.img from that rom, make a full wipe (all except sdcard) and install the rom.zip (that's for sense 5 roms)

Aosp/CM roms are the same steps but you also need to install the gapps.zip straight after the rom.zip

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Here is the latest getvar all of the device before going into anything, i downloaded ARHD rom, now i ill start by unlocking the bootloader, flashing a recov, and then i'll report back.

(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.73.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.707.3
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4129mV
(bootloader) devpower: 100
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

EDIT: All right i have unlocked and installed latest TRWP recovery, i will backup everything first then i'll pursue with the adventure :p
delete sarialno and imei, internet is not a safe place ;)

blackdogdz

Dec 7, 2011
All right i had no luck getting TWRP to work but Philz recovery is working just fine, did my backup, downloaded ARHD Rom, now anything special to do except from copying the zip to the phone and flashing it through the recov ?

EDIT: after some reading i think the right way to proceed would be
1-flash a firmware
2-reflash recov
3-install the rom itself ( what about boot.img ? )

Last edited:

blackdogdz

Dec 7, 2011
@Mr Hofs please tell me, now that i read a bit more about files and all, i start to understand why i could not update with Euro RUUs you found that my device was from asia by readin the x.xx.707.x right? and after looking for my CID which is HTC_044 which i found is for asia WWE too so my device comes from asia. Thanks to youi learned some stuff !

Oh and also is it ok to not have the *TEMPERED* mention on the bootloader ?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Copy the rom to the sdcard. Take out the boot.img nd flash it via fastboot, then make a full wipe in the recovery and install the rom.zip

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
@Mr Hofs please tell me, now that i read a bit more about files and all, i start to understand why i could not update with Euro RUUs you found that my device was from asia by readin the x.xx.707.x right? and after looking for my CID which is HTC_044 which i found is for asia WWE too so my device comes from asia. Thanks to youi learned some stuff !

This device will never show tempered in bootloader...only in Qualcomm devices from HTC one and newer

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

Reactions: blackdogdz

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
This device will never show tempered in bootloader...only in Qualcomm devices from HTC one and newer

I believe that when the bootloader gets locked with a rom from another cid on it (like he had, because he had to run a ruu) it shows indeed that message in the bootloader ;)

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Tampered....ah maybe he mixed that up, but it shows a message at least :)

I'm also wrong sometimes !!!

Haha :D no one is perfect :p but that tempered should be only in Qualcomm devices like HTC one and newer because if we unlock them they show that or another word....and in hox if we take the wrong ruu etc it shows security error

blackdogdz

Dec 7, 2011
Hmm well the most important is that it works, now i still need the wifi fix, i forgot where i found it on the forum, wifi works a little better but still unusable. i'll search for it and install it then i'll report back. i had lots of troubles with facebook app and messenger but now they work u_u
dark things happen under the hood i guess :p

UPDATE:
After trying ARHD and MaximusHD both gave no results with wifi, it's unusable i have full signal strenght and all but it kinda hangs and it's like there is no internet at all, i'll compare with CM and see if it works better. Everything else is amazingly fast and nice it's really annoying :s.
Oh and i tried static IP, forcing router to G mode, same thing. I guess it won't be realy fixed until HTC decides to work a fix :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No problem. After this ruu we can also put a custom rom (like stock) on it that has the French language ! :)
    where can i find some help to put in a custom ROM? one very close to stock please already two days since i bought the phone now i really need a working phone :( i should've tried to flash directly, ow i need to re unlock and all right?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51314808&postcount=12
    thanks to @Mr Hofs :)

instructions are in every rom thread OP ;)
    Oke and after that you should get even more ota's all the way up to 4.2.2 sense 5. After that we will get your French language back ;)
    No problem. I will check here from time to time anyway. No rush.....rushing things ends up in errors ;)