Looking for new replacement EB20 battery.

Search This thread

IanPPK

Jun 17, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I recently received my mother's well conditioned, but long used Atrix HD. I have already unlocked boot loader and rooted, butthe battery is about had it. In 30 min of general use, I drain 20-30% battery, or more. I even lose charge while charging. I know how to replace the battery, but the batteries that I see on Amazon vary in brand and amperage. Is there any specific EB20 battery that I should go with, or is the amperage the only thing to look for?

Arjomer

Oct 12, 2013
I recently received my mother's well conditioned, but long used Atrix HD. I have already unlocked boot loader and rooted, butthe battery is about had it. In 30 min of general use, I drain 20-30% battery, or more. I even lose charge while charging. I know how to replace the battery, but the batteries that I see on Amazon vary in brand and amperage. Is there any specific EB20 battery that I should go with, or is the amperage the only thing to look for?

The 1,780 mAh one is the stock for us, but you should go for the razr Maxx Battery (EB40) It's 3200 mAh and is way better than stock one.

Reactions: jose41 and IanPPK

IanPPK

Jun 17, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for the recommendation on the MB40, didn't realize it was compatible, with a little modding. Although not my go to, that is definitely my backup plan.

Sent from my Atrix HD

Last edited:

zerogun

Nov 6, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation on the MB40, didn't realize it was compatible, with a little modding. Although not my go to, that is definitely my backup plan.

Sent from my Atrix HD

Ian, I fix phones as a hobby. I fix everything from the easily fixable Note IIs, to the impossible to open HTC Ones (M7 and M8).

So trust me when I say that if you know how to use a screwdriver and a pair of scissors you can can do this pretty easily. And if you are replacing the EB20 out, might as well stick the EB40 in there. Link is here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1906371

Basically, the only thing you need to be aware of is that you need to cut out some of the plastic to let the phone close up more or your speaker will not work.

TabascoTX

Jun 13, 2009
South Central Texas
Redmi 9A

Here ya go Bro, no case mod needed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351046185923 They now have a 3030Mah in the smaller EB20 battery size.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanPPK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The 1,780 mAh one is the stock for us, but you should go for the razr Maxx Battery (EB40) It's 3200 mAh and is way better than stock one.

Here ya go Bro, no case mod needed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351046185923 They now have a 3030Mah in the smaller EB20 battery size.