M8 to get Android L

Search This thread

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
It's great that HTC makes this statement.. honestly though big red has been the reason for software delays for most devices. You never know maybe (very optimistic) they will change their ways. I know as soon as L drops the incredible devs here will improve it for this device.

Reactions: jax187
May 26, 2014
Excited to be up to date. I've always had phones that were outdated at purchase and never received updates. Finally something nice.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

n0ne980

Jun 25, 2014
we know HTC seems to be on their game for the GPE releases. So if they release L for GPE will that count for them releasing it within 90 days.

Also Verizon really drags their feet on updates.

0D0A

May 20, 2010
Excellent

This is great news... if only I had waited to get the GPE edition.

xs11e

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix
I really don't care how long Verizon or HTC delay the update, all that matters is when will the CyanogenMod team get the update? <G> That's when I'll get it.

jtommyj

Apr 24, 2011
Last edited:

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Just remember guys, whoever releases any builds of L, the dev release is an ALPHA build. Which means some stuff isn't gonna work. And if it doesn't, don't blame the dev's. There's already been a lot of people whining on androidpolice and other sites about apps not working, and other stuff not working correctly, and blah blah.

chrisjm00

Jul 29, 2007
Nottingham, MD
Just remember guys, whoever releases any builds of L, the dev release is an ALPHA build. Which means some stuff isn't gonna work. And if it doesn't, don't blame the dev's. There's already been a lot of people whining on androidpolice and other sites about apps not working, and other stuff not working correctly, and blah blah.

Agreed. I think a lot of people are going to bash the devs over things being broken. If there is even a port that boots it will be fun to mess with. I wouldn't expect a functional daily driver for at least two months.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

n0ne980

Jun 25, 2014
The first ones won't even be alpha. What we will get at first will be ui elements put on top of kk. Also who knows how well the version of ART in the preview will play with the m8 in its current state.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

R

rooted_by_nature

Android L Now

Experience L now with the Verizon M8 GPE rom.

jojomexi

Apr 7, 2014
at the rate verizon holds back updates, i wont be surprised if the verizon m8 gets the L update and still doesn't have extreme power saving mode lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's great that HTC makes this statement.. honestly though big red has been the reason for software delays for most devices. You never know maybe (very optimistic) they will change their ways. I know as soon as L drops the incredible devs here will improve it for this device.