Dev edition version-main missing

Search This thread

zms123

Aug 25, 2014
Sorry if this may be a stupid question but all this new terminology is confusing since I just came from a Galaxy S2.

So I just got my dev edition (comes with unlocked bootloader) htc one m8. I managed to root it fairly quickly by flashing TWRP. I then noticed there was another OTA update (I already updated once) for upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3. So I thought that I should flash it and learned that I needed to go back to stock recovery. I had made an adb back up using the command (adb backup -apk -all -f backup.ab).

I didn't back up my stock recovery and tried to find one for my phone. I came across a thread here that had recovery images and it said to check the main-verison of my phone but it came up blank. What can I do to go back to being unrooted so I can update the stock rom? At this point in time I'm not interested in getting a custom rom and wish to stay on stock for a little while.

I can see software number in settings > about. It's 1540 can I just use that to get the stock recovery?

Last edited:

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Another day same question/problem.

A little bit more searching and reading here, would have brought up the solution to both of your questions.

The missing version-main is a damn well known Bug of some TWRP versions. By flashing those versions the version-main entry is deleted. Glad that I took a note of it before I flashed TWRP myself.

Second if you were stock all the time and still are you're good to go with a stock recovery corresponding to the version number in settings > about phone > software information > software number.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: zms123 and wase4711

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another day same question/problem.

A little bit more searching and reading here, would have brought up the solution to both of your questions.

The missing version-main is a damn well known Bug of some TWRP versions. By flashing those versions the version-main entry is deleted. Glad that I took a note of it before I flashed TWRP myself.

Second if you were stock all the time and still are you're good to go with a stock recovery corresponding to the version number in settings > about phone > software information > software number.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app