[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Search This thread

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
Just an update I've had 3g running all day with no trouble. Streaming Pandora and you tube all i did was build the apns someone posted in this forum.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
It's page 7 this forum a post by larcea just build the apns using his settings. Still don't know about 4g yet.

Reactions: bbrad

SGSIIIJB

Jan 6, 2013
MD
bone thank you brotha!!! good looking out man, and dont matter if rooted or not im looking for that native tether and thanks to you! all should b well thanks again!

Well got native tether working it roxs only one problem the upload speed is SLOW same problem CM native tether has the upload speed is 30k at best, (still using same ROM/S) if u use pdanet or any other tether program the upload speed is fine and working perfectly at 100k! stumped again obviously its not CM or Cspires stock TW ROM ones AOSP and ones TW both same results....

bump upload speed sucks with native tether??? never had this issue with SII

Galaxyrooter

Jan 31, 2013
Help

Guys i don't know if this is right place to post. I have cspire galaxy s 3 have had quite a few different roms on it right now i am running the official jelly bean firmware upgrade that was leaked and i got it from billard. some were along the line of loading various roms my phone quit changing to certain towers in certain areas. I live near collins ms and hattiesburg seminary bassfield area all works fine 4g and every thing. but when i travel to taylorsville or magge i have not service. Jackson will have 4g and full scale but will not allow me to make calls. this is weird cause were i live every thing works really awesome. somebody please help i do not know what is wrong. Thought it could be my apns?
any help is appreciated thank you!

:D

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
Guys i don't know if this is right place to post. I have cspire galaxy s 3 have had quite a few different roms on it right now i am running the official jelly bean firmware upgrade that was leaked and i got it from billard. some were along the line of loading various roms my phone quit changing to certain towers in certain areas. I live near collins ms and hattiesburg seminary bassfield area all works fine 4g and every thing. but when i travel to taylorsville or magge i have not service. Jackson will have 4g and full scale but will not allow me to make calls. this is weird cause were i live every thing works really awesome. somebody please help i do not know what is wrong. Thought it could be my apns?
any help is appreciated thank you!

i have no idea i have yet tested mine on 4g, but it may have something to do with the frequency they use, someone said it may differ from the rom. i would think if you used the apn settings posted on page 7 ib this forum it would work.

Galaxyrooter

Jan 31, 2013
i have no idea i have yet tested mine on 4g, but it may have something to do with the frequency they use, someone said it may differ from the rom. i would think if you used the apn settings posted on page 7 ib this forum it would work.

I would like to edit my apns but can not figure out how.this cspire phone doesn't have a way to that I can find and the rom I am using doesn't have a voice dialer to open them?

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
I would like to edit my apns but can not figure out how.this cspire phone doesn't have a way to that I can find and the rom I am using doesn't have a voice dialer to open them?

i think you can download an app from the market for voice and for apn settings just search the market for both
anyone running a custom kernel

Last edited:

abcleanonme

Feb 22, 2009
Pontotoc, MS
This is way off-topic but I wanted to ask where I knew some fellow CSpire people would be.

I was flashing some custom ROMs to my girlfriend's One V yesterday and I lost the APN's. Does anyone have the C Spire HTC One V 's APN settings? I'm thinking about going to the store this evening after work and just getting them off of the display One V. Tell the rep i did some research and somehow they got deleted and i know that's what's wrong. Thoughts? Is that a good idea?

Oh and I use a program on my S3 called APN Backup and Restore in conjunction with Titanium Backup to make it a system app. So there, not too bad off topic.

Speedy responses would be very appreciated!!

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
This is way off-topic but I wanted to ask where I knew some fellow CSpire people would be.

I was flashing some custom ROMs to my girlfriend's One V yesterday and I lost the APN's. Does anyone have the C Spire HTC One V 's APN settings? I'm thinking about going to the store this evening after work and just getting them off of the display One V. Tell the rep i did some research and somehow they got deleted and i know that's what's wrong. Thoughts? Is that a good idea?

Oh and I use a program on my S3 called APN Backup and Restore in conjunction with Titanium Backup to make it a system app. So there, not too bad off topic.

Speedy responses would be very appreciated!!

The apns for the galaxys3 are the sane for the one v

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
just to confirm i was able to go through a 4g area and 4g works on the latest pacman rom using the apns listed i downloaded two apps at a red light and loaded a couple of web pages, now i dont know about streaming as i was driving didnt have time to do much. just letting cspire users know.

tymckissick85

Feb 27, 2013
So the pacman rom is a sprint rom right? So I flash just like I would any other rom on my cspire phone then change apps?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
Yeah just flash the ROM use voice dialer to open apns and set them according to page 7 of this forum.

Larcea

Oct 22, 2012
I am having issues with Ventrilo. Regardless of rom I used.

I have tried both the Mangler and Ventriloid apps. Also turned on tethering and purchased a tether pass and all these options will not allow ventrilo to work.

I have also tried "WiFi Tether for root users" and the native built-in tether for my rom.

Running CM10 Nightlies (12/14/2012 release). Have not upgraded to new firmware yet, use my phone to much to have the downtime to mess with it these days.

Anyone else have issues with Ventrilo servers? Acts like I am banned from every server. Goes to connect then says "Server Closed COnnection." and retries to connect every 10 seconds.

May 10, 2011
Tupelo, MS
Hey I was just wondering if it would be safe to install the sprint port of twrp on our devices. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
Hey I was just wondering if it would be safe to install the sprint port of twrp on our devices. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

Should the ROMs work right? Which come with the sprint recovery so twrp is just another type of recovery so I say its perfectly safe

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ionicone

Oct 4, 2011
wiggins, ms
OK updated my pacman ROM to the latest one and 4g is not working. Restored a backup and its not working either i know its not a tower cause someone next to me has it. I did flash dirty so that may be it ill flash clean and rebuild the apns.

autocon

Nov 6, 2008
Samsung Kies today is reporting an update for the CSpire GS3 if you are still on stock. Updates to 4.1.2 MB3.
Doesn't look to be much different (if any different) than MA5.

scubale

Dec 25, 2009
I am having issues with Ventrilo. Regardless of rom I used.

I have tried both the Mangler and Ventriloid apps. Also turned on tethering and purchased a tether pass and all these options will not allow ventrilo to work.

I have also tried "WiFi Tether for root users" and the native built-in tether for my rom.

Running CM10 Nightlies (12/14/2012 release). Have not upgraded to new firmware yet, use my phone to much to have the downtime to mess with it these days.

Anyone else have issues with Ventrilo servers? Acts like I am banned from every server. Goes to connect then says "Server Closed COnnection." and retries to connect every 10 seconds.

I'm getting the same problem when using my iphone and using a mifi card. I used to use Vent regularly then stopped for a few months, when I went to use it again last week I can see that the servers are online, but can't connect to any servers. Mumble does work although it mentions a problem with the UDP traffic. If CSpire has the UDP port blocked now then that could be what is causing the Vent issues.

Galaxyrooter

Jan 31, 2013
Follow up..not switching to certain towers..

If any body remembers I posted about my phone not working from magge on north. but it works from magge to the south...
I did do my apns.. but it still didn't fix it.. I just cant figure it out I don't want to pay for another phone... any help would be so appreciated..
it doesn't matter what rom I put on I have 3g and 4g every were except from magge to northern ms..
do I need to reflash modem? what happened to my phone!
thanks a million in advance..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers
    Somebody want to test these??

Spent an hour or two running through these tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Anyone on Cspire want to give these a go?

http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3

On a side note, propz to the op. Sprint is right on the money for closest comparison between sprint/cspire s3
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers

Odin one clicks now available for cspire gs3 SCH-L710
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?61-One-Clicks
    As for the stock tw leak everything is working great. The only bug I've come across is com.android.phone stops when trying to access mobile network settings under more settings. By the way what changes were made to get data working for us?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    A few different things that once i figure out exactly what does it perfect i am gonna throw in a flashable zip. The main things i can think of at the top of my head that stand out are, changing the build.prop to reflect cspire instead of sprint. replacing hosts, apns, stk, CSCVersion, SW_Configuration.
    Def missing a thing or two but ima continue working on it wen i grab my replacement phone today and will fill in the blanks then
    Updated as of 11/11. JB port and cm10 http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 Should be available in goo manager as well
    Roots jacked up in the jb port so same as b4 flash
    root from recovery zip with it.
    http://k0nane.info/rom/ecm/TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip