How To Videos on the Samsung Galaxy S III (How To Root, Install Roms, & etc) 08/10/13

Search This thread

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com

medamullet

Nov 20, 2010
OK, I know I am a noob

I have been able to reroot my s3 a dozen times after each update. After the last update about a week ago my tether no longer works. I don't get any error messages or antyhing but none of my devices can see my network. I uninstalled my tether and reinstalled and nothing. I purchased mobile ODIN seeing if I used a different method for flashing it would work but still nothing....

Anyone have this problem or have an idea how to fix it?

I appreciate it people

Jnapier

Nov 16, 2012
Sprint Galaxy S3 ota jelly bean

Does anyone know how to get root back after downloading the ota jelly bean update?

wwjoshdew

Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
Does anyone know how to get root back after downloading the ota jelly bean update?

Yeah, he updated the toolkit for donators and it roots the latest Jelly Bean update. If you don't want to donate 5 dollars, there is another way. Just ODIN the TWRP tar to your phone, immediately reboot to recovery and install the SuperSU zip and you'll have root.

Sorry I haven't been replying to my stuff much lately, it's been a hard week for us.

Last edited:

wwjoshdew

Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com

Jnapier

Nov 16, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957155

When you download the toolkit, there will be an option (like 24 or 25) that lets you donate. No required amount either, just what you can spare for all of his hard work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

That link goes to the galaxy note 2 toolkit. I found a link to the same persons s3 toolkit but it's not updated to jelly bean. Apparently from the thread a tar file can be loaded with odin but nobody seems to indicate which file. Any suggestions?

wwjoshdew

Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
That link goes to the galaxy note 2 toolkit. I found a link to the same persons s3 toolkit but it's not updated to jelly bean. Apparently from the thread a tar file can be loaded with odin but nobody seems to indicate which file. Any suggestions?

Must of had the wrong link in my clipboard, sorry...

HE IS UPDATING IT (no ETA!!!) to support Jelly Bean! I have auto updates (donators only) and there is no update yet. I just used ODIN and flashed the TWRP TAR to my phone and then flashed SuperSU in custom recovery and had root!

abubbae

Nov 23, 2012
Credo

Hi!

Can anyone quickly confirm that this root method works well for Samsung Galaxy S3 from Credo, which is basically a Sprint phone...and does CM10 work well on it? Thanks!

djflaco23

Dec 1, 2010
? Does this root method wipe my phone completely like with the evo 4g or does it just give you root permissions.

i know how to flash roms with the sprint evo 4g. Is this any different or can i keep the current stock Jelly bean on my Galaxy S lll and get root permissions.
thanks in advance.

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
? Does this root method wipe my phone completely like with the evo 4g or does it just give you root permissions.

i know how to flash roms with the sprint evo 4g. Is this any different or can i keep the current stock Jelly bean on my Galaxy S lll and get root permissions.
thanks in advance.

Nope doesn't wipe your phone it just gives you root and a custom recovery but this does not work for jellybean the tool hasn't been updated

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: djflaco23

Top Liked Posts