[Q] Cracked screen, can't get past lock. How can I retrieve data from the phone?

Search This thread

Malibuz0r

Dec 7, 2013
Accidentally dropped my phone the other day, screen is cracked and now I can't unlock the phone because of the pattern lock. Now, when I plug my phone to the PC nothing happens because the phone must be set to allow the PC to read the contents.. but since I can't unlock the phone to change that setting, I can't do anything atm. All data is in the internal memory of the phone, so no sdcard. (I regret I had it this way)

Is there maybe a software that can do this?

Phone is ZTE Max aka Boost Max.

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
Accidentally dropped my phone the other day, screen is cracked and now I can't unlock the phone because of the pattern lock. Now, when I plug my phone to the PC nothing happens because the phone must be set to allow the PC to read the contents.. but since I can't unlock the phone to change that setting, I can't do anything atm. All data is in the internal memory of the phone, so no sdcard. (I regret I had it this way)

Is there maybe a software that can do this?

Phone is ZTE Max aka Boost Max.

you can connect a otg cable and mouse to your phone and use the mose to draw your unlock pattern.

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
I'll try here because this came up in a search.
I dropped my LG G2 and cracked the screen so that I only have a very small area where I can get some reaction. Not enough to swipe over the screen to unlock it. I keep getting the LG notification that my screen is damaged and offering to allow me to control it through the hardware keys, but it won't accept those commands either. And now, when I plug it in to try to get my data off the phone, it's stuck on charge only, so I can't transfer anything.
Any ideas? All I really want are a few pictures from this past weekend. Everything else is backed up in DropBox.
I don't know what an OTG cable is and I don't think that I even have a mouse anymore.

Thanks.