Hangouts Group messages not sending

Search This thread

meest

Feb 22, 2009
Anyone having issues with this? The verizon messaging app works great. except for the fact that if I want to share something I can't load up a current group chat like I can in Hangouts. and the app randomly shows a notification count on the lock screen that isn't accurate...

I didn't have these issues on my M7... I don't like the stock messaging app because its horrible with group MMS along with the fact that I haven't found another messaging app like Hangouts that lets you choose a current conversation when you click "share" on a picture or something. All the others make you type in the recipients, and going back to typing in 3-4 people every time I want to send something to the group isn't really a thing I want to do again....

I've read APN changes may help but I haven't been able to get any to actually stick around on the M8. open to ideas... kind of frustrating.

bloodiedwraith

Aug 22, 2008
New York
Anyone having issues with this? The verizon messaging app works great. except for the fact that if I want to share something I can't load up a current group chat like I can in Hangouts. and the app randomly shows a notification count on the lock screen that isn't accurate...

I didn't have these issues on my M7... I don't like the stock messaging app because its horrible with group MMS along with the fact that I haven't found another messaging app like Hangouts that lets you choose a current conversation when you click "share" on a picture or something. All the others make you type in the recipients, and going back to typing in 3-4 people every time I want to send something to the group isn't really a thing I want to do again....

I've read APN changes may help but I haven't been able to get any to actually stick around on the M8. open to ideas... kind of frustrating.

I think they're going to have to update the app for MMS to work properly. The same thing happened with the M7 when Hangouts originally launched.