XBMC remote control with your Samsung Galaxy Gear

Search This thread

shinji07

May 21, 2014
Everything is in the title!! :D

:rolleyes:
Impossible for me, new user to post a link ... please take the time to go on youtube to see my video for that type in the title of this post..

(and and sorry for my approximate English!!)

Twisked

May 22, 2014
Everything is in the title!! :D

:rolleyes:
Impossible for me, new user to post a link ... please take the time to go on youtube to see my video for that type in the title of this post..

(and and sorry for my approximate English!!)

That's awesome!

I'm using the Gear's Media Controller app. On my rooted Note 3, I froze the Samsung Music app, then the Gear's Media Controller app controls whatever the front most media app is on the Note 3.

So I'll launch the Yatse XBMC remote app, and can then control XBMC with the Gear!

...nothin' as elaborate as what you've got there though, all I can do basically is pause/play. :laugh:

BryanMicon

Jun 29, 2008
So, how do you do this?

#nerdboner

recently rooted my gear and have the watchon app on my note 3.

#DoWant to get the mile and put it on my gear! digging through XDA now for the gear .apk from the version pulled from the samsung store. Surprised the NULL rom didn't have support for it... although that's quite a bit to ask for my rooted watch now that I read it again :)

evilvoice

May 4, 2008
Conyers GA
#nerdboner

recently rooted my gear and have the watchon app on my note 3.

#DoWant to get the mile and put it on my gear! digging through XDA now for the gear .apk from the version pulled from the samsung store. Surprised the NULL rom didn't have support for it... although that's quite a bit to ask for my rooted watch now that I read it again :)

Thanks for your comment, but I'll wait until Shinji replies with his setup.

shinji07

May 21, 2014
Firstly thank you for posting the video links!

Everything is very simple, I just install the rom Nul_23 on my gear (for my gear can access the Internet via bluetooth) and after I installed via playstore Yatse the application. One thing to be careful is to set Yatse in such a way as it can sync, without wifi (just a setting unchecked it seems).

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: evilvoice

czarnota1

May 8, 2014
remote XMBC

Can you explain please how you set up xmbc in your phone and on you gear please?
"One thing to be careful is to set Yatse in such a way as it can sync, without wifi (just a setting unchecked it seems)." I cant understand what do you mean.. would be nice if you can step by step explain how you achive this. thanks

I can't setting host in Yatse, at least in free version. always got failed to connect host even all settings done correctly. But it gives me idea to check Official XBMC Remote app that I'm using on my note 3 to contol XMBC conected via HDMI to my HDTV, and it works birliant! I can now same time control XMBC installed in my note 3 and on my PC by switching hosts instantly! Its now best media controler for Galaxy gear! I can brose folders added to library in note or PC and play control XMBC in every aspect and fucntion! I was looking for some media controller but this is better then I could even think!
Ok, quickly tutorial how to:

0) Connect your gear with phone, set up internet thetring and bluetooth internet access on gear;)
1) Install on your device prompt version of XMBC (Windows on PC or Android on your phone or both)
xbmc.org/xbmc-13-1-gotham-rc1/ (scroll down to find links under "Conclusion")
2) Install Official XBMC Remote on your Gear
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.android.remote
3)Then you have to install another app on your gear that can open menu soft key inside your Gear to add and set up host:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhoadster91.floatingsoftkeys
4) Open Floating Soft Keys *ROOT* and try to set it up to your needs, try to play with this app as it very usefull and easy to understand. Soft keys will stay always on top of other apps, when you thick "collapse to notification.." when you long press back button it will collapse and can be reopen from notification bar by tap on "click to..
5) Now open your XMBC program on device and follow instructions to config XMBC:
yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/XbmcConfig
6) Now you need to find out your IP (Windows: Start-run-cmd-ipconfig, Android 4.4.2 note 3: click on your wireless connection)
7) Open Official XBMC Remote on your Gear, tap menu key from floating soft key, Add Host: set up same as in XMBC main app and click connect.
8) Enjoy!

You can add more then one host from manage XMBC hosts in settings and simply switch between them from menu!

(this is my frist tutorial ever so please be kind;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firstly thank you for posting the video links!

Everything is very simple, I just install the rom Nul_23 on my gear (for my gear can access the Internet via bluetooth) and after I installed via playstore Yatse the application. One thing to be careful is to set Yatse in such a way as it can sync, without wifi (just a setting unchecked it seems).

:D