Froyo OTA Finally!

Search This thread

boesky

Jun 1, 2010
who knows. At this point it is one big mystery.
Now I am starting to doubt this is the final N1 update as well.
I wish Google was more like Apple in regards of HOW to actually release a product.
You announce a release date, and you hit it. With Google we keep getting yanked around like some futuristic-technology version of the boy who cried wolf.

Well personally, that sure beats being an iPhone customer; you've almost absolutely nothing to look forward to. Buying an iPhone (2G, 3G, then 3GS), you get what you see - nothing more. Practically no OS updates, same comic UI day in day out, etc.,

At least with Google they give you 'something' to look forward to, not to mention the versatility of the Android OS. iPhone OS has the versatility of a fish bone.

Cheers

dudebro

Sep 5, 2008
San Antonio
who knows. At this point it is one big mystery.
Now I am starting to doubt this is the final N1 update as well.
I wish Google was more like Apple in regards of HOW to actually release a product.
You announce a release date, and you hit it. With Google we keep getting yanked around like some futuristic-technology version of the boy who cried wolf.

buy an iphone then.

jruweaver

Mar 24, 2010
alabama
I read in this post that this update involves the recovery image...does it fix the glitch that was allowing some people to achieve root without unlocking the bootloader?

ihearttreo

Jan 21, 2010
I got the OTA from 2.1(not update-1) I wanted to installed FRF83 but I had FRF72 installed. So I PASSIMG back to 2.1 and was going to goto FRF50 then to FRF83 but it gave me the OTA of FRF83. I made a logcat but I can't find anything on FRF83. Is there anything specific I should be looking for?

hpe

May 26, 2010
Frf72 -> frf83

Did not have time to real through the whole thread as I'm heading to work, but the FRF72 to FRF83 update can be downloaded here:
hXXp://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF72.684bd56a.zip

boesky

Jun 1, 2010
Did not have time to real through the whole thread as I'm heading to work, but the FRF72 to FRF83 update can be downloaded here:
hXXp://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF72.684bd56a.zip

Just a heads up - it does not work with MoDaCo's MCR r18 based on FRF72 :(

bahathir

Feb 14, 2010

TQ very much.

Code:
$ ls -l signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF72.684bd56a.zip 
-rw-r--r--  1 bahathir  staff  659465 Jun 24 14:16 signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF72.684bd56a.zip

$ shasum signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF72.684bd56a.zip 684bd56ae5feee9988716b9b919540efaf35300e  signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF72.684bd56a.zip

Very small update patches.

sheeeng

Feb 12, 2007

Thanks, hpe!

It works on my unrooted stock FRF72 from unrooted stock FRF50!

Below listed the links that I've used on Google Nexus One.

hXXp://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip
hXXp://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF72-from-FRF50.bc033f9e.zip

Or you can update from FRF50 to FRF83 directly using the link below.

hXXp://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF50.38d66b26.zip

Have fun!

minniecafe

Dec 1, 2009
Vancouver
Just trying to flash the update.zip from recovery but it was saying that "No signature"! What can I do, thanks! Now i m at FR50!

Very appreciate for your assistance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone else confirm OTA for EPE54B. Someone in the general forum is reporting they got it.
    Hi,

I made an update.zip for FRF83. Superuser and busybox are also included. Google Maps is updated to v4.3.
    You can simply flash it over your existing FRF50 or FRF72.

Hope I helped... :)

DL here -> http://rapidshare.com/files/402232197/update-FRF83-paqman-signed.zip

any interrests in a nandroid-Backup of FRF83? I could also upload.

btw. I've got protected apps in the Market ...YEAH! :D

Ugh! Thank you SO much for this! I've been pulling my hair out all night trying to find a reasonable way to get FRF83 flashed and was already prepared to have to set my phone back up from scratch. After all that aggravation and not getting it to work using traditional methods, not only do you post a rooted update I can use with Amon_Ra's recovery, but I can flash it on top of my most recent nandroid. Just, thank you. :)

EDIT: Just kidding!
    Writing BOOT:...
    E:No space left on device
    E:Error writing BOOT:
    E:Failure at line 348:
    write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot:img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

I'm going to f-ing bed.