[HOW TO] SGS3 LTE CWM Recovery and One Step Root

Search This thread

noobnl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2010
Team Epic Blog: CWM Recovery for all SGS3 LTE variants
Downloads and instructions for CWM recovery to enable rooting and customization of all SGS3 LTE variants.

Team Epic Blog: Root from Recovery
Simply flash this.zip in CWM and your phone is rooted! This is the easiest method to root the stock Samsung ROM.

Team Epic Blog: Unroot from Recovery
Simply flash this.zip in CWM and your phone is unrooted! This is the easiest method to unroot the stock Samsung ROM.

**Version 2 released, adding volume key scrolling and external sdcard support. Tested so far on Sprint SGS3. Requesting confirmation from AT&T and T-Mobile users

CyanogenMod's Team Epic specializes in Sprint's flagship Android phones on Sprint.
If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting us with a tiny contribution. Thanks!

Last edited:

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Reactions: ghostzyden

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Its been a while since I used a samsung, how do I get into recovery again?

noobnl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2010
in recovery, download the superuser 3.0.7, extract it, then
adb push Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed/system /system
adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su

No, it isn't magic and it isn't hard...

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
home, volume up, and power

I knew it, thank you, was doing that as I typed this.

Edit: Still nothing, I saw a quick blue text like it was going into recovery, but then nothing.

Edit 2: I remembered you basically have to let it go at that point. All is good in my hood.

Last edited:

dtr145r

Nov 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
See, did that, and it didn't boot into recovery for me, but odin said all went well, so i was confused.

On the et4g it was volume up and power..
Find an application in the market that will reboot to recovery.
There are a bunch.
Rom Manager
Rom tool box
Absolute system root
You can also adb recovery as well..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Can I flash superuser zip from recovery?
I can't get adb working from recovery... What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

I installed Samsung USB drivers, but the phone isn't recognized as an adb device while in recover,,,

Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads and instructions for CWM recovery to enable rooting and customization of all SGS3 LTE variants.

Team Epic Blog: Root from Recovery
    Simply flash this.zip in CWM and your phone is rooted! This is the easiest method to root the stock Samsung ROM.

Team Epic Blog: Unroot from Recovery
    Simply flash this.zip in CWM and your phone is unrooted! This is the easiest method to unroot the stock Samsung ROM.

**Version 2 released, adding volume key scrolling and external sdcard support. Tested so far on Sprint SGS3. Requesting confirmation from AT&T and T-Mobile users

CyanogenMod's Team Epic specializes in Sprint's flagship Android phones on Sprint.
    If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting us with a tiny contribution. Thanks!
    CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v2

**Version 2 released, adding volume key scrolling and external sdcard support. Tested so far on Sprint SGS3. Requesting confirmation from AT&T and T-Mobile users.

Root works , no triangle.

Instructions:
    1) Download su.zip (many links above), unzip into \platform-tools\ inside Android SDK folder.
    2) Start adb, confirm that it's working "adb devices". If not, install samsung usb drivers.
    3) Do "adb reboot recovery".
    4) Once in recovery, do "adb devices" again. If nothing shows up, open Device Manager on your pc, and update the driver of the android phone manually - Android Phones/Samsung/Samsung ADB. Confirm that adb works (adb devices).
    5) Do "
    "
    6) Reboot, install Busybox (stericson) app from Play Store, run and install busybox.

You are good to go.
    So is this installing a rooted
    kernel as well?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Nope it doesn't install rooted kernel
    in recovery, download the superuser 3.0.7, extract it, then

No, it isn't magic and it isn't hard...