Get a new Nook Color Stock Charge Cable Free

Search This thread

SacTappingUni

Aug 4, 2012
Bothell WA.
goo.gl
Go ahead and try it. I'd suggest that you bring the stock wall-charger and play dumb. I'd say something like "they cable that came with this thing broke and somebody threw it away, can I get a replacement?" Best of luck to you in pioneering the limits of customer service ;)

Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app

Reactions: RoboticBuddy

drmarble

Jul 27, 2011
At my B&N they wanted my old cable. I think they send them back or some such thing. The new one was in an unmarked plastic bag. It works great. My warranty is long gone (bought from cowboom). They didn't even want to see the NookColor, just the cable. I liked that customer service. Admitedly, the cable can't be used for anything else but charging a Nook, but still, it was nice to get a free replacement.

mogators1

Dec 3, 2011
My cable just split at the connector last night. Got on live chat with B&N and they are sending me a new cable. Old one still works so I might glue it back together to keep as a backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you'll know by now the Nook Color stock cable tip break easily and a stock replacement is expensive. To top it off its the ONLY cable that will fast charge your Nook Color. Well I have some good news. After writing a bad review of the cable on their website after my second one bent which I had to pay $30 for since the cable wasn't available separately then. I talked to a Barnes and Noble worker and they gave me this number:

1.Call 1-800-The-Book and go digital products from the prompts then Nook Color.

You must have your serial number and the email you registered your Nook with. When you talk to a representative tell them you need a replacement cable for your Nook Color. After you give them your information they will ship you a new one completely free.

2. The fastest way is to go to or call your local Barnes & Noble and tell them you heard that if you bring a broken Nook Color cable in they could replace it for free.

Both methods worked for me but I'm 100% sure method one should work if and when you need a new cable.

Hope this helps everyone.
    Can a moderator please sticky this. A thanks push is appreciated also if the info helped you.
    For those of you on a custom rom and can't find your serial number, its also listed on the microSD slot flap...

Just for future reference though, is there a way to see your NC's serial number in settings on CM7?
    Has anyone outside from US received a free cable?
    Free Cable

Just thought I would share this. The tip broke off my charger cable. Then I read this thread. I took my nook and the broken cable to the local Barnes&Noble store and talked to the nook "girl". I said I heard a rumor that you guys could replace this for me for free. She said I have to check with my manager. She made a phone call and then said. Sure.. no problem and handed me a new one.

She didn't check warranty or serial number or anything.