Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

ian426

Jun 6, 2010
This is probably a fluke, but here goes:

CM9
ICS Reloaded
Tablet Mod
Bravia Mod
1.3 Kernel
Big Blue kbd
No Wipe

Aroma failed at mounting cache to format it, froze, and hung for about five minutes. I pulled the battery and was fully expecting a screwed up install, if any, of Android, but when I went back into recovery, I had no touch, either in it or Aroma.

I am currently flashing an out-of-date AOKP install, hoping that I have touch inside of Android... otherwise I might have just screwed up my pds (of which I do thankfully have a backup).

Reactions: Th3Bill

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Just finished rebooting and setting LCD to 144 & rebooting again
last time I did have Reloaded now I left it out and no error so It looks like ICS RELOADED is a no go with TabletUI :( (i liked ICS Reloaded, oh well)

Also selecting 1.4 Ghz CPU Does give the options in processor to set max to 1.4!
But when I left it at 1.3 all I got was default 1 ghz!

Other options I selected - That I can remember, lol - there's so many :D
1.4 Ghz CPU, no wipe, trebunchet, TabUi, added all the apps except Google Geni, GPS North America, default keyboard

Thank you for the great info! So, now we know what may cause FCs with TabletUI. As with so many things...ya win some ya lose some (when it comes to reloaded). Personally, I thought TabletUI is really cool :)

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

This is probably a fluke, but here goes:

CM9
ICS Reloaded
Tablet Mod
Bravia Mod
1.3 Kernel
Big Blue kbd
No Wipe

Aroma failed at mounting cache to format it, froze, and hung for about five minutes. I pulled the battery and was fully expecting a screwed up install, if any, of Android, but when I went back into recovery, I had no touch, either in it or Aroma.

I am currently flashing an out-of-date AOKP install, hoping that I have touch inside of Android... otherwise I might have just screwed up my pds (of which I do thankfully have a backup).

You should be fine. I'm going to put the procedure for how to ensure this doesn't happen in the next post :)

Also Reloaded and Tablet No work together

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

EVERYONE....PLEASE ReAD THIS!

Since Aroma is a very sensitive installer, ANY errors that you have unreported in your system can bork an install. This can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing....depending on how you look at it. To get around this and maximize your chances of a good, successful install, do the following:

In CWM:
Go to Advanced
Choose Report Error, then
Choose Show Log, then
Reboot Recovery.
Now flash. This will ensure that Aroma doesn't see any un-reported errors(which cause bork) :)

Reactions: ko_wei13 and ian426

ian426

Jun 6, 2010
Methinks it is working this time.

The old AOKP install went fine, and I got touch in recovery again. I foolishly have decided to flash no-wipe once more, and have done the same as last time, minus reloaded. Currently optimizing apps in Android...

Edit:

Okay, I lied in the above: I assumed it would make it through and get to optimizing by the time I posted... it is stuck unmounting data. I will follow your instructions above and probably do a full-wipe, now...

Edit2:

Well, it is booting... I'm going to let it go crash and burn (or hopefully, not crash and burn).

Last edited:

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Methinks it is working this time.

The old AOKP install went fine, and I got touch in recovery again. I foolishly have decided to flash no-wipe once more, and have done the same as last time, minus reloaded. Currently optimizing apps in Android...

Edit:

Okay, I lied in the above: I assumed it would make it through and get to optimizing by the time I posted... it is stuck unmounting data. I will follow your instructions above and probably do a full-wipe, now...

Edit2:

Well, it is booting... I'm going to let it go crash and burn (or hopefully, not crash and burn).

LOL! Also, need to make sure that you have a good amount of battery left. Aroma also reads this and will bork if you don't have enough charge. She's a really testy B|+cH LOL

She will also pretend to love you sometimes and not install anything. I've had it happen a couple times where it installed NOTHING..just wiped my phone (course that was before I started doing the report error, show log pre-method)

ian426

Jun 6, 2010
LOL! Also, need to make sure that you have a good amount of battery left. Aroma also reads this and will bork if you don't have enough charge. She's a really testy B|+cH LOL

She will also pretend to love you sometimes and not install anything. I've had it happen a couple times where it installed NOTHING..just wiped my phone (course that was before I started doing the report error, show log pre-method)

Had charged it up to ~80 in preparation. I've had that happen to me... never want to go there again. (It was especially fun since it wasn't my phone that did that to me...)

It is booted, is seemingly stable, with 68% battery to spare.

And yeah, I get that feeling about Aroma. I will learn.

Edit:

And I was wondering why the UI seemed a tad... unresponsive. Somehow my phone decided it was a good time to max its CPU at ~500mhz. That works beautifully with ICS, for sure...

Thanks for the tips!

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Had charged it up to ~80 in preparation. I've had that happen to me... never want to go there again. (It was especially fun since it wasn't my phone that did that to me...)

It is booted, is seemingly stable, with 68% battery to spare.

And yeah, I get that feeling about Aroma. I will learn.

Thanks for the tips!

No problem. I remember when it first happened, it drove me nuts. I went through every line of the updater-script (all 1000+) like 4 times checking for missing ;s or "s or )s only to find none. Finally, I started getting desperate, and started trying everything I could think of in CWM...LOL Ended up tripping over that method :)

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
anyone having trouble with the tabletui follow this:
go into rom control or wherever the navigation bar settings are located
set menu to be right or left
enable 4 buttons in nav.
set the 4h button to be menu the systemui fc should no longer happen
set font to huge in display
in accessibility set to huge
im on aokp now with tabui following these steps comng from the sink with no fcs i also set my dpi to be 144

Last edited:
Reactions: Th3Bill

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
TabMod on CNA works well....

Except when I receive a call, the phone.apk crashes and I can't answer, it just rings and rings.

I can post a logcat, hopefully.

I'll post it in CNA thread

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Reactions: spleef

cpetersen2791

Mar 12, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
OK, installed CNA with various mods, no wipes. All is working well, except the OC kernel. I selected 1300, all booted well.

When I run SetCPU to play with OC, the fastest clock speed available was 1000.

Just an FYI.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

foxrivertrekker

Sep 29, 2011
Just did 2.11 a couple times, no problems here with aokp nonwipe.
Noticed it said it was for photon in aroma, no biggie thought id mention.
Aroma worked flawless, tried a couple keyboards and boots.

What are inverted apps? Wanted to try that but didnt know what it was.

Still dont know what gummy is, have to try it one of these days :D

thanks.

cpetersen2791

Mar 12, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
Just did 2.11 a couple times, no problems here with aokp nonwipe.
Noticed it said it was for photon in aroma, no biggie thought id mention.
Aroma worked flawless, tried a couple keyboards and boots.

What are inverted apps? Wanted to try that but didnt know what it was.

Still dont know what gummy is, have to try it one of these days :D

thanks.

Inverted apps is dark background with light lettering instead of the normal light background with dark lettering.

Kernel 1.45 installs fine, but 1.3 didn't on all installs.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: foxrivertrekker

troycarpenter

anyone having trouble with the tabletui follow this:
go into rom control or wherever the navigation bar settings are located
set menu to be right or left
enable 4 buttons in nav.
set the 4h button to be menu the systemui fc should no longer happen
set font to huge in display
in accessibility set to huge
im on aokp now with tabui following these steps comng from the sink with no fcs i also set my dpi to be 144

First off, great work! I was able to get tabletUI following the above (using aokp as well from latest kitchen sink), only I didn't see a "huge" option in accessibility. Also, I found the "Huge" fonts to be a bit big, so I've tried both Normal and Small.

Overall, I think the tabletUI is a great idea, but it doesn't look good on my lapdock at all. I'm tweaking it but just haven't found anything that makes the screen look more than a glorified hdmi mirror.

Also, I've had the same bluetooth problems I've seen others mention. With the stock music player, the GUI would soft reboot every time I tried to use it and bluetooth would be dead after that until a phone reboot. I didn't seem to have any issues with bluetooth once PowerAMP was installed.

Here's a quick rundown of what I've found:
The system would soft reboot after every install from either the Market or via TiBu.
I couldn't get the camera to work. When I ran it, it would pop up for a second, then close with the message "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".
The keyboard popped up for every text box when in TabletUI in the lapdock. Would be nice if it knew there was a keyboard and didn't pop up.
Anything I did with the phone in Tablet UI crashed the GUI and caused a reboot. I couldn't even end the phone call. Phone UI didn't seem to have any issue.

One thing that I found would be nice is a way to set up all the settings for the tablet UI and phone UI, and provide a simple one-button (with confirmation) switch over. Something that sets all the appropriate settings for whichever mode you want, then reboots the phone into the new mode. It would even be nicer if a gui reboot was all that was needed, not a total phone reboot.

I'm sure I'll find other things as I play around with it more, but as much as I love the ICS system, I don't think I am quite ready for it. I'll probably give it a few more days to see what other things happen.

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
[/COLOR]EVERYONE....PLEASE ReAD THIS!

Since Aroma is a very sensitive installer, ANY errors that you have unreported in your system can bork an install. This can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing....depending on how you look at it. To get around this and maximize your chances of a good, successful install, do the following:

In CWM:
Go to Advanced
Choose Show Log, then
Reboot Recovery.
Now flash. This will ensure that Aroma doesn't see any un-reported errors(which cause bork) :)
[/QUOTE]

I don't have a way to do this with TWRP recovery as far as I can tell.

Tried CNA base twice. non wipe then full wipe. Both time it rebooted back into recovery at 40% install progress.

Just tried AOCPCB, no wipe, and it went through the install process in about 15-20 seconds, rebooted system, and got stuck at M logo. Not sure what im doing wrong. Will try one more time full wipe with cm9 base and see what happens.

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
So flashed cm9 with a full wipe and everything seems to be working very well. Not sure why I couldn't make gummy or aokpcb to boot. I have a feeling that if I flash cm9 first, then flash one of the others with no wipe it might work. Will try tomorrow. Need some shut eye right now. Aroma was an absolute pleasure to use. Super smooth, responsive. Just awesome.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
[/COLOR]EVERYONE....PLEASE ReAD THIS!

In CWM:
Go to Advanced
Choose Show Log, then
Reboot Recovery.

I don't have a way to do this with TWRP recovery as far as I can tell.

Tried CNA base twice. non wipe then full wipe. Both time it rebooted back into recovery at 40% install progress.

Just tried AOCPCB, no wipe, and it went through the install process in about 15-20 seconds, rebooted system, and got stuck at M logo. Not sure what im doing wrong. Will try one more time full wipe with cm9 base and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Well, gonna have to find where TWRP has it's functions to report errors that happened in CWM. That's what's hanging up those options. Somewhere, CWM logged an error and Aroma's picking it up. It's one of the more strange oddities of this installer...LOL

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

First off, great work! I was able to get tabletUI following the above (using aokp as well from latest kitchen sink), only I didn't see a "huge" option in accessibility. Also, I found the "Huge" fonts to be a bit big, so I've tried both Normal and Small.

Overall, I think the tabletUI is a great idea, but it doesn't look good on my lapdock at all. I'm tweaking it but just haven't found anything that makes the screen look more than a glorified hdmi mirror.

Also, I've had the same bluetooth problems I've seen others mention. With the stock music player, the GUI would soft reboot every time I tried to use it and bluetooth would be dead after that until a phone reboot. I didn't seem to have any issues with bluetooth once PowerAMP was installed.

Here's a quick rundown of what I've found:
The system would soft reboot after every install from either the Market or via TiBu.
I couldn't get the camera to work. When I ran it, it would pop up for a second, then close with the message "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".
The keyboard popped up for every text box when in TabletUI in the lapdock. Would be nice if it knew there was a keyboard and didn't pop up.
Anything I did with the phone in Tablet UI crashed the GUI and caused a reboot. I couldn't even end the phone call. Phone UI didn't seem to have any issue.

One thing that I found would be nice is a way to set up all the settings for the tablet UI and phone UI, and provide a simple one-button (with confirmation) switch over. Something that sets all the appropriate settings for whichever mode you want, then reboots the phone into the new mode. It would even be nicer if a gui reboot was all that was needed, not a total phone reboot.

I'm sure I'll find other things as I play around with it more, but as much as I love the ICS system, I don't think I am quite ready for it. I'll probably give it a few more days to see what other things happen.

Need to know which options you chose so that I can work to fix this....which base rom, etc... Anyone else noticing this?

troycarpenter

Here's what I did:

1. Start recovery mode, start kitchensink without any wipes
2. Selected English, Agreed to terms, skip passed screens to base install.
3. Chose AOKP for base install, then Custom Install.
4. First time I went through this process, I chose FULL wipe.
5. I picked the 1400 oc kernel.
6. For mods, Inverted: No; Tablet: Yes; Battery: No; Animation: Droid;
7. Launchers: All (Don't know which one to use, so I'm trying them all...like Nova).
8. Font: Nokia; Keyboard: Big Black Blue; GPS: NA; TTS: Google; Music: CM9; Gapps: Install; Alt libs: No; Beats: No; Bravia: Yes
9. Apps: None selected

Hit install, wait for reboot. I noticed that the system likes to reboot one more time after the initial reboot before going to the animation screen after install.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no wiping before flashing kitchen sink
    the files are need for the touchscreen to work

What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    The entire kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -AOKP on screen navigation buttons.
    -Tablet mod
    -MIUI lockscreen
    -Fingerprint Navigation.

Downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period
    Joker and I got Kitchen working well in Photon. I finally got Aroma set up to the Atrix last night (took me 3 days). Time for me to get down to some work on the Atrix Kitchen. :) With any luck, we can get you guys a good, working 3 rom zip sometime today/tonight
    Existing ICS ROMs are diarrhea. I don't understand why you would take on a project this huge if what already exists is broken. Just saying...

Sent from my MB860 CM7 RC1 37p Radio

What is the point of this response? How does this add anything to the development of anything? Why do you care so much about what we are doing with our seemingly "wasted effort"?

Seriously, people....if you have something to assist us with this project, be it a question or comment that is helpful and relevant, we would love to hear it. If all you want to do is dis out work or make irrelevant and unnecessary comments, then save your time and keep it to yourself. I don't care if anyone doesn't like what we are choosing to do here with our work. We have CHOSEN to take on this project as a challenge to see if we can produce something that we thought would be cool. Nobody is requiring anyone to come to this thread.

SO,

Lets get back to work, and all those of you who would like to make irrelevant comments like this guy and the guy he was quoting, please feel free to close your browser or check another thread. Have a great day! :)
    Lots of changes coming, mainly isolating features that don't play well with certain options. However what's planned it

Aokp
    Mystery rom
    Better tweak options with lots and lots of tweaks
    Better base options(keep options that don't work isolated)
    Tablet mod hopefully for all bases
    Card style multitasking option
    More options
    Fixes to prevent issues between bases
    Multi language support

Keep in mind this is a lot of work so not all of it will be done anytime soon.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Any news on these releases ? Will they even happen ?

Patience...Patience

Everyone:
    Gonna really need your help when this next version drops Gonna need you to test different configurations out for us and let us know what happens. Seriously...this next release has the following:
    5 roms
    Extended Battery configuration for each
    7 boot animations
    2 extra File Managers
    Gapps with Face Unlock
    GPS Config
    2 Kernels
    4 Keyboards
    6 Launchers
    Forced/Non-forced Ril
    Alternate 2d libs
    CDMA/GSM (as well as tweaked/non tweaked) props for EACH BUILD
    rotation fix
    tts options
    Wallpaper options
    flash
    genie widget
    gallery
    maps
    music options
    reloaded
    titanium
    voicesearch
    weather
    youtube
    It will LITERALLY have HUNDREDS of possible configurations. There is NO way with the small group of devs we have on this project that we could EVER test all of this and have any time to add in new functions....or even keep our base roms (or this one) current. We'd be spending all day flashing.
    I know it's fun to just set your nicely working phone and wait for our next drop, but if that's what everyone does, this will take FOREVER to get properly set up so that we do not have non-compatible options showing up on roms.
    I know bootanimation loops suck, but they are ESSENTIAL for us to know what options you chose.

THANKS in advance for assisting us in this....and hope you enjoy the Kitchen!