[Q]When is the 3G 4G Xoom going to get Ice Cream get Ic

Search This thread

srh21

Aug 24, 2010
Las vegas
i been asking that forever. I don't know what the deal is with Verizon not pushing out updates. I just don't get it. From what I read on Droid life is its ready to go but up to big red to push it out.

Just like the gnexus still stuck on 4.02 first carrier to have the phone last one to push out the ota WoW

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Yeah it's very annoying. The problem is Verizon's testing procedures (or so I've been told) are VERY strict. Add to the fact that the Xoom isn't a priority device for VZW anymore, and yeah...we continue to wait. The WiFi-only Xoom has had ICS since December, and (again, so I've heard), Google had the ICS ROM for the 3G/4G Xoom ready not long after that. To add further insult to injury, Google and VZW pushed out an update to the 4G Xoom in February that was just a Honeycomb update (3.2.6) to fix data connectivity coming out of airplane mode. Annoying.

With the Galaxy Nexus, at least two 4.0.4 builds have been pushed to devices as part of a soak test (IMM30B and IMM76K), but neither made the cut apparently. But since they went out over the air, we have the files and can run those if we want to. With the Xoom, there hasn't even been so much as a soak test, that we're aware of anyway.

rvbarton

Jan 19, 2009
Euless, Texas
www.facebook.com
I wish I knew as well.

I've tried all of the custom ROMs and have had problems with each one. I've gone back to the Honeycomb stock ROM in each instance. As snappy & nice as the ICS is with the custom ROMs, the stock Honeycomb has been the most stable ROM ever, imho. I'm very excited about ICS coming out, but only if it's as rock solid as Honeycomb is. I'll wait a couple of more months so that VzW can get it right the first time.

dimitri407

Jun 19, 2007
Don't know about you but I have had ICS on my Xoom for a while. Thanks Team EOS. And it is much better than anything Verizon would put out.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Don't know about you but I have had ICS on my Xoom for a while. Thanks Team EOS. And it is much better than anything Verizon would put out.

The stock ROM on the Verizon Xoom is still created and updated by Google. It just needs VZW approval before it gets released. TeamEOS isn't stable enough for my liking. Tried playing SimCity lately? :D

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
The stock ROM on the Verizon Xoom is still created and updated by Google. It just needs VZW approval before it gets released. TeamEOS isn't stable enough for my liking. Tried playing SimCity lately? :D

What's wrong with SimCity? (I don't game, so I'm really asking.)

Is the real issue perhaps merely that the game's not ICS-tablet-aware?

Sent from my LTE EOS Xoom via XDA Premium

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
It freezes constantly. It'll run fine, then all of a sudden just hang forever, giving you the wait/force close dialog box. I don't think it's an ICS or app issue since people running stock ICS on the WiFi Xoom say it works fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
[SimCity]freezes constantly. It'll run fine, then all of a sudden just hang forever, giving you the wait/force close dialog box.
Interesting. I haven't seen any indications of that in the main EOS threads.

Did you see anyone else collaborating this issue? Were you overclocked at all? Also, at one point we switched to overclocking the GPU by default, and I wonder if that's the issue (after all, my kernel improvements wouldn't have made any difference to a game, and we're nearly stock in anything else that matters).

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I wasn't overclocked. OC always makes me nervous! Could be with the GPU...not sure. What I do know is that the issue was still there as of the stable 2.0.0 release.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jbe219

Apr 8, 2011
Pls share a link with the instructions to install ICS on an LTE Xoom. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

sbrownla

Jun 1, 2007
Northern Arizona
My answer is "never." VZW will never release ICS for this thing. It was seriously doomed from the start.

That said, EOS has created an excellent stingray rom. Again, STINGRAY. And again, EXCELLENT rom. I'm not playing SimCity, but the Sims works very well and since the app was updated, it works even better. It was freezing on restart but now it doesn't do it anymore, which is something to say about how solid EOS' rom is--a problem with the app and not the rom.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Last edited:

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
My answer is "never." VZW will never release ICS for this thing. It was seriously doomed from the start.
Oh dear, not this again. Last year it was "We'll never get LTE" and/or "We'll never have writable SD-Card". It's obvious the tech is there, most likely it's due to either compliance issues (and with VZ that probably means they're trying to lock something down or take something away in the ROM they're intending to release ... the bastards) or they're waiting 'till some as-yet-unannounced LTE tablet(?) device comes out first. Apparently there's a ROM in testing at VZ, if the leaked screenshot has any credibility.

math5

May 16, 2012
Hello ,

I've a question about teameos 2.0
I have a motorola xoom 601 and it has official rom 3.2.
I want to flash teameos 2.0 rom, but my device hasnt been rooted yet.
Yo flash this rom mention about that on this link [ROM][ICS] Team Eos ICS 2.0.0 [Updated 2012/4/27] Do I have to root my device or Can I apply these installation steps directly ?

Thank you..

Top Liked Posts