[Q] Droid 4 Stopped responding to touch input

Search This thread

KrellaKrentoshi

Jul 24, 2012
A month ago I ended a call with Verizon custotmer service only to find the touchscreen on my D4 had stopped working. There was no ghosting, no other problems I knew of at the time besides a speaker that wouldn't work. Rebooting didn't work. Factory reset didn't work. The only thing different was that the phone had recently upgraded to Jellybean. Now when the phone is rebooted the WiFi automatically comes on. I could still use it attached to the lap dock, or by using the keyboard to bypass the touchscreen. I switched to my backup phone and searched for answers.

I ended up getting a new-to-me D4 from eBay. I took the slider half of the phone with the screen and switched the whole thing to my D4. Phone
was fixed, seemed to be fine.

Today rooted my phone. All was well until I was playing a game, then again the touchscreen just stopped working. I am at an utter loss, what happened to the touchscreen? Neither one was dropped, both had screen protectors on and were in cases. I was using the phone at the time both times. The picture is clear, screen uncracked. I just can't get it to accept touch input anywhere on the screen. And the WiFi is turning on again when I restart the phone.

I have never seen this happen before on any other phone, I have heated the glass and pressed where the flex cable is in case of a loose connection, nothing happens. Removing the sim and SD cards didn't help either. Any suggestions or fixes? Will replacing the glass again fix it, or should I try a factory reset again? Stock ROM, rooted jellybean, using atrix lap dock to type this.