[THOR] Successfully rolled back to 13.3.1.0 (Safestrap working)

Search This thread

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
should

'
i dont know what happened to you but
try:
- hold power button to turn it off and restart
- turn off your computer
- connect kindle to pc
- turn on your pc
:confused:

Should add a warning to not factory reset if u bootloop after attempted prop build mod... that can be fixed unless you wipe su binary from system..

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Hey guys
I couldn't do it. I was rooted and started follwing the instructions, but the build.prop wasn'trecognised and i wasn'tbooting properly. So I did adb reboot recovery and wiped user data
now the PC doesn't recognise at all.
Please help!

Attempt to reroot in between reboots u may get Chinese binary to sneek back in system even if shows fail...and get adb back...

ferrouskid

Mar 12, 2014
Should add a warning to not factory reset if u bootloop after attempted prop build mod... that can be fixed unless you wipe su binary from system..

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Attempt to reroot in between reboots u may get Chinese binary to sneek back in system even if shows fail...and get adb back...

Please do expand on that. I'm a big noob.
I'm currently emptying the thing of battery,and then attempting to go on from there. I think the problem is in my noobiness. I've been told that I to;d my friend that the same thing happened before, but gotfixed. Not giving up hope!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Ok. Did you factory reset AND replaced build prop in the same reboot?!!

No
I rebooted it a billion times before a factory reset.
Any hope?

Last edited:

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
too bad

I'm currently emptying the thing of battery,and then attempting to go on from there. I think the problem is in my noobiness. I've been told that I to;d my friend that the same thing happened before, but gotfixed. Not giving up hope!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

No
Any hope?

well too bad 1 of our senior guys decided it was time a good time to throw a childish tantrum otherwise you might have someone here with some help or information....I guess not enough people were kneeling to him at the proper moment in time.we can only hope he gets over himself and joins the fun..and continues to help people here just like they have for a long time. I mean com on how long has this forum been dead....you kinda have to expect people jumping the gun when there has been so much tension here just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting

stapler85

Oct 13, 2010

No
Any hope?

By reboot were you able to boot into system normally? How were you having build prop issue if you could boot up and do reset? It would be helpful if you list exactly the steps taken in order.

ferrouskid

Mar 12, 2014
By reboot were you able to boot into system normally? How were you having build prop issue if you could boot up and do reset? It would be helpful if you list exactly the steps taken in order.
Hello
Thanks for the effort.
This is basically what I did. I rooted it using vroot. Worked like a charm Then I downloaded ans extracted the build.zip in the downloads folder, from which I copied and pasted it to /system (and deleted the old build prop of course)
Then I rebooted like the instructions said. Just grey logo Reboot.And agin. Then I got scared, and connected it to PC. adb reboot recovery
Factory reset.
Same thing.
Out of some experience I know that when the battery goes completly, 100% flat, not a billionth of the juice left, and then charge it, the PC recognised it or something of the sort. Currently left the kindle in a forced bootloop. (I put a piece of paper under the power button and put a weight on the kindle, so that way it is completely out of battery. Soon I hope it is flat.

stapler85

Oct 13, 2010
Hello
Thanks for the effort.
This is basically what I did. I rooted it using vroot. Worked like a charm Then I downloaded ans extracted the build.zip in the downloads folder, from which I copied and pasted it to /system (and deleted the old build prop of course)
Then I rebooted like the instructions said. Just grey logo Reboot.And agin. Then I got scared, and connected it to PC. adb reboot recovery
Factory reset.
Same thing.
Out of some experience I know that when the battery goes completly, 100% flat, not a billionth of the juice left, and then charge it, the PC recognised it or something of the sort. Currently left the kindle in a forced bootloop. (I put a piece of paper under the power button and put a weight on the kindle, so that way it is completely out of battery. Soon I hope it is flat.

dont bother with battery, if your reset was completed then init didnt finish setup

chances are grim but luckily during my research i stumble upon this old threadt from a senior that explain the situation, you got some reading and understanding to do to apply to your case, and its also for 8.9in hdx, but you're desperate so its worth a shot.

read this entire thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588608

specifically:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48925700&postcount=7

if that doesnt work, just a wild guess but maybe you have to wait until bootloader is unlocked, knowing this device history, you may as well buy a new hdx :/

SiulGM

Jun 13, 2014
Hi! I succesfuly edited the build.prop, but cant "update" manualy, it just shows "check now" button then "last update failed" and "retry" button, I put the update file in the internal memory but nothing happens, any clues?

Reactions: rootcid

Jan 12, 2012
Reactions: rootcid

DeerMichel

Jun 14, 2014
Hi! I succesfuly edited the build.prop, but cant "update" manualy, it just shows "check now" button then "last update failed" and "retry" button, I put the update file in the internal memory but nothing happens, any clues?

Maybe a corrupt file. Try to redownload it, put the file in the internal memory and restart your Kindle...

Sent from my GT-I9505

Ause

Apr 25, 2012
Terra Nova
So look,
I plugged the kingle into usb, it comes on and goes to the grey kindle logo for about 7 seconds then off, I then hold the button for about 12 seconds and the kindle logo flashes really quick then it comes on again, after that it goes off and I can repeat the whole process again.

ADB is not detecting the kindle what to do!

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
well

So look,
I plugged the kingle into usb, it comes on and goes to the grey kindle logo for about 7 seconds then off, I then hold the button for about 12 seconds and the kindle logo flashes really quick then it comes on again, after that it goes off and I can repeat the whole process again.

ADB is not detecting the kindle what to do!

I think we are all going to need a lot more info from you like how did you get to this point exactly what steps did you take what have you used on it.what were the results exactly and then what did you do following.
Dont factory reset you may be removeing su binary and any chance u have. u be so screwed

Last edited:

Ause

Apr 25, 2012
Terra Nova
I think we are all going to need a lot more info from you like how did you get to this point exactly what steps did you take what have you used on it.what were the results exactly and then what did you do following.
Dont factory reset you may be removeing su binary and any chance u have. u be so screwed

So I rooted with root master successfully, I then tried to change the build.prop on my kindle with the one that was on this thread, I restarted my kindle and it went to the grey logo(bootloader) then straight to a black screen.

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Also, my antivirus detected that vroot has android virus inside the program, but I dont know if its true lol probably not but still something to keep in mind.

Yep it does. Vroot is probably stealing the IEMI and possibly other stuff. It wont even run on my computer if I unplug my internet connection so it cant phone out (as well as wifi off and airplane mode on my tablet).

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
Nothing, looks like im wrecked here, I'll just get a replacement and try the process over again :laugh:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53388919&postcount=23 this was in OP did u do this?

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Yep it does. Vroot is probably stealing the IEMI and possibly other stuff. It wont even run on my computer if I unplug my internet connection so it cant phone out (as well as wifi off and airplane mode on my tablet).

if your downloading the wrong 1 it blows my anti virus up...the 1 that I use and the 1 that work did not throw any flags on my pc

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53388919&postcount=23 this was in OP did u do this?

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

if your downloading the wrong 1 it blows my anti virus up...the 1 that I use and the 1 that work did not throw any flags on my pc

I kept my tablet in airplane mode and my laptop an airplane mode the whole time I was using the software then I uninstalled it and rebooted before I turned my wifi back on my laptop. and I never let my tablet go to wifi until after I was completely done with the process and had completed a factory reset... plus it doesn't hurt that it was a blacklisted unit anyway...but thanks work perfectly for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just let you guys know. I have Safestrap back to work :)

This is instructions to roll back to 13/14.3.1.0 from earlier version than 1x.3.2.5

Download below file and tool:

HDX ToolKit:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665683

Roms:
    13.3.1.0 (Kindle HDX 7"): https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin
    or
    14.3.1.0 (Kindle HDX 8.9"): https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-14.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin

Build prop editor:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor

PLEASE READ INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY

INSTRUCTION:

1. Root your Kindle by HDX ToolKit
    Instruction at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665683
    1.1 Do not turn off Auto Update, just turn off and forget wifi to prevent auto update
    1.2 If you have safestrap installed, remove it.

2. Change Version and Build Number to lower values than 13/14.3.1.0 and 310079820
    2.1 Use Build prop editor
    2.2 Change those lines:
    ro.build.version.incremental : "13.3.0.9_user_300079820"
    ro.build.version.number : "300079820"
    ro.build.description : "thor-user 4.2.2 JDQ39 13.3.0.9_user_300079820 release-keys"
    ro.build.fingerprint : "Amazon/thor/thor:4.2.2/JDQ39/13.3.0.9_user_300079820:user/release-keys"
    (same for apollo but use: 14.3.0.9 and keep apollo name in description and fingerprint - only change build number and version)

3. Reboot the Kindle and go to Device > System Updates to check if Version and Build Number changed

4. Do manually update to 13/14.3.1.0
    - Connect Kindle to PC by usb cable
    - Copy rom file (.bin) from PC into Internal storage
    - Go to Device > System Updates and Press Update

5. Root and install Safestrap HDX ToolKit.
    Instruction at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665683

6. Press Thanks

FOR 1x.3.2.5 and 1x.3.2.6
    USE IT AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY because rewrite recovery partition.
    How to use it.
    1. install Towelroot and Supersu using KFHDX Toolkit v 0.94
    2. If Disable OTA update , Airplane mode ON and Enable OTA update
    3. If Install SafeStrap, uninstall safestrap on App.

4. Put "update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in SAME folder,
    5. execute install.bat
    6. reboot
    7. put update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in internal storage.
    8. Downgrade, wait a minute on the update menu, because display update button to take time.
    9. disable OTA update.

This batch file works "kindle fire hdx 7" ONLY
    This is tested on version 13.3.2.5 and 13.3.2.6.
    http://d-h.st/MAs

This batch file works "kindle fire hdx 8.9" ONLY
    sorry I do not have kindle fire hdx 8.9. I cannot test.

10/3/14 update build.prop
    http://d-h.st/Tz8

Thank @Poesini
    Very good that the rollback of Apollo is working .
    Rollback Batch file for HDX 7 and 8.9

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY because rewrite recovery partition.
    How to use it.
    1. install Towelroot and Supersu using KFHDX Toolkit v 0.94
    2. If Disable OTA update , Airplane mode ON and Enable OTA update
    3. If Install SafeStrap, uninstall safestrap on App.

4. Put "update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in SAME folder,
    5. execute install.bat
    6. reboot
    7. put update-kindle-1X.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin" in internal storage.
    8. Downgrade, wait a minute on the update menu, because display update button to take time.
    9. disable OTA update.

This batch file works "kindle fire hdx 7" ONLY
    This is tested on version 13.3.2.5 and 13.3.2.6.
    http://d-h.st/MAs

This batch file works "kindle fire hdx 8.9" ONLY
    sorry I do not have kindle fire hdx 8.9. I cannot test.

10/3/14 update build.prop
    http://d-h.st/Tz8

Thank @Poesini
    Very good that the rollback of Apollo is working .
    Download update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin

extract 4 files by 7zip or other tools.
    ---example---
    7z.exe e update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin "boot.img" "recovery/recovery-from-boot.p" "system/etc/recovery-resource.dat" "system/etc/security/otacerts.zip"

//4files send to kindle
    adb shell mkdir /sdcard/recovery
    adb push otacerts.zip /sdcard/recovery/otacerts.zip
    adb push boot.img /sdcard/recovery/boot.img
    adb push recovery-from-boot.p /sdcard/recovery/recovery-from-boot.p
    adb push recovery-resource.dat /sdcard/recovery/recovery-resource.dat

// Rewrite OTACerts.zip file
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount, rw /system
    cd /sdcard/recovery
    cp otacerts.zip /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip

//make Recovery.img
    Code:
    applypatch -b recovery-resource.dat boot.img recovery.img 063993bdc8b5b866ce29899c63323369b6eaeb33 8939520 52fdd36db56cd4f52aa7566050026df5890e49f4:recovery-from-boot.p

//Rewrite Recovery.img
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

I am gooing to make bat file and test
    if you want to bat file ,Please wait 3 day.

Sorry this is kindle fire hdx 7 only
    In the case of hdx 8.9, applypatch command is different.

This work might break the recovery partition .
    At your own responsibility
    Success to Rollback form 13.3.2.5

:laugh:
    There is a Two signature Check . One is otacerts.zip, another is keys in /recovery

Octacers.zip is picked up from /system/etc/security in update-kindle-13.3.2.4_user_324002120.
    I rewrite Octacers.zip on device.

Keys is in recovery partitions.
    I made recovery.img from 13.3.2.4 ROM.

I extract 4 files from update-kindle-13.3.2.4_user_324002120.

boot.img
    recovery/recovery-from-boot.p
    recovery/etc/install-recovery.sh
    system/etc/recovery-resource.dat

install-recovery.sh file is simplified below.
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    applypatch -b recovery-resource.dat boot.img:7047168:0fc460789279f0e01e3bacae132687b5f7ff6346 new-recovery.img 0ff1e4113a6d0e0c49c3693c72957c4009ac443f 8939520 0fc460789279f0e01e3bacae132687b5f7ff6346:recovery-from-boot.p

4 files copy to /system directory of device
    -example-
    /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    /system/boot.img
    /system/recovery-resource.dat
    /system/install-recovery.sh

When system directory is read only, .
    mount -o remount, rw /system

set parmission
    chmod 744 /system/install-recovery.sh

make NEW-RECOVERY.IMG From Boot.img ,recovery-resource.dat and recovery-from-boot.p , when excute install-recovery.sh.

In the good case , sha1 hash is 0ff1e4113a6d0e0c49c3693c72957c4009ac443f and file size is 8939520

Finally rewirte recovery
    dd if=/system/new-recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

After , please update 13.3.1.0 firmware as usual.

Please do only expert and since it may break
    I became rickety about three times.

I think that will work well using version 13.3.1.0,
    then notice SHA1 hash of new-recovery.img.

Thank to focusfre4k and ggow.
    btw i have the apollo edition

I believe the files and script are for Thor only... not sure if those files are applicable to Apollo too. The error seems to indicate that boot.img file is not found. Sure that boot.img is in the Recovery folder?

Might want to hold off until we get confirmation so that you don't brick your HDX since we're messing with the recovery...

[EDIT]

Downloaded the BIN archive file for Apollo from:

https://kindle-fire-updates.s3.amazonaws.com/update-kindle-14.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin

Found the comparable 14.3.1.0 (Apollo) files to be different from those for 13.3.1.0 (Thor):

boot.img
    install-recovery.sh
    recovery-from-boot.p
    recovery-resource.dat
    otacerts.zip (but releasekey.x509.pem within the ZIP is the same)

The equivalent script for Apollo should probably be:

Code:
    applypatch -b recovery-resource.dat boot.img:7014400:807359528efa11ae0fd6da4840ddf3630bf0b801 recovery.img 80d339c46afc1ac00e9f0655f485c8dfb7103d9d 8904704 807359528efa11ae0fd6da4840ddf3630bf0b801:recovery-from-boot.p
    [/EDIT]