Proximity sensor failure

Search This thread

sanju007

May 12, 2009
i hope HTC will fix this issus with a update

But the black screen are goining with the unlock butten at the top or not ?

Nameless_87

Oct 16, 2010
adding waddo to the list...

so all phones are bugged... dam!

someone should contact htc ASAP so they start working on a fix...

thinklei

Oct 9, 2010
Maastricht
wow~ this is a serious problem because it will be really annoying. I am planning to sign a vodafone DHD in a few days. I will mark the thread to find out whether it concerns all DHDs~

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
Got my DHD from phones4u london, no such issue. Promity sensor seems to be working brilliantly.

liorra3

Jan 27, 2010
Tel Aviv
www.iopanel.net

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Sanju,
    Dutch indeed ;-)
    Both cover on the back and screen on the front now are nicely placed. No gaps whatsoever. No proximity issues either ::)

Bought my phone in a Vodafone shop. Swithed it two times (this is my third Desire HD) and they didn't make any fuzz about me replacing the handsets. Which is worth a compliment indeed! I even changed the second in a Vodafone shop at the other side of the country.

Regards,

Thank you very much for your answer
    Ik wil buy the DHD nexst week
    I will let you know of i have the issus ect ect
    Let me tell you, by following that guide and getting clockwork installed you've already made huge progress.

1. Yes you can restore everything. But it will only restore it to the point when you made the backup. So after you rooted and s-off. If something goes wrong with your phone and you want to send it to HTC then you'll need to restore that backup and also remove root and s-off. There are easy ways of doing this but you should worry about those things only if you need to send your phone back :) No need to worry though because things will work out :)

2. Yes it will include default apps. Absolutely everything, you phone will be restored exactly how it was before updating (apart from the radio if you change that).

3. You can use rom manager yes, but as far as i can tell rom manager only allows you to flash Cyanogen (at least in the free version of rom manager). Other ways, and in my opinion the best way, is to download a rom from these forums in the dev section, and flash it from clockwork. Always make a backup before flashing, just incase something goes wrong, although nothing will probably go wrong.

4. Yeah this part sort of confused me at first. What i understood was that if you update to version 1.72, this update installs the update as well as a new version of hboot (this is the bootloader). It is this new bootloader that prevents from rooting, s-off etc. But the leedroid rom only includes the new update, and retains the old version of the bootloader which is rootable.

5. My phone never had this problem. I got it when it was on the same software version as yours and never saw it, i then installed leedroid with the new update 1.72 and still havent experienced it.

Ok i will send you a pm because i think we've taken this discussion a little off topic :)
    But mine is still using the stock ROM.

Android Version: 2.2
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.21........
    Build number: 1.32.707.5 CL277010 release-keys

hmm that is weird. as soon as the second ota update came out (which supposedly fixed the issue) this thread died more or less. i thought it would have been solved. i personally havent experienced it. Have you tried a factory reset?

edit: just realized, you're not running the latest firmware. your build number should be 1.72. Go into Settings>About Phone>System software updates and check now. Maybe that could solve it.

edit2: keep in mind that you'll lose root by updating, and wont be able to root using the current methods.
    Thanks for your reply mate.
    I tried but I got this message:

Your phone is up to date.
    There is no updates available for your phone.

1. Is it due to my version is South East Asia version which contains English, Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese input?

2. Do I have to unroot before checking for updates?

3. You mean version 1.7 is not rootable yet?

4. Any advice if I use other ROM? Any suggestion?

Thank you.

1. Yes it probably is because of your location. The update was only released for Europe.

2. I'm general you don't need to be unrooted. It will still tell you if there are updates available

3. Yeah I believe it is not rootable yet.

4. I personally am using leedroid. Very nice Rom imo. The latest version is using 1.72 base and is fully rooted.. perhaps if you flashed this your proximity issues might be resolved. Keep in mind you need to be s-off and perm rooted to flash roms.. with clockwork recovery installed.. but more on that in the dev section.
    ouch... I see... let me search for a remote app where you can control the phone from pc...

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App