[Q] Bell WFS Bootloop ONLY When Not Connected to USB Cable
So I've spent the last 48 hours raking my head on this one. I'm an intermediate user (Samsung whiz - Ace, i9100, T989, I747, S4 Canada, knowledgeable in HTC's - S-OFF HTC Evo 3D GSM / S-OFF HTC EVO 4G, experience in Experia devices), so I'd say I've done some things, but this one has totally stumped me.
- Managed to upgrade the HBOOT before unlocking the bootloader (required an RUU update > "PG7611000_Marvel_Hboot_1.08.0099_1.36.666.5.e xe"
- Flashed TWRP/CWM (currently running TWRP) using "fastboot oem flash recovery"
- Created a backup of the stock ROM
- Flashed latest version of SuperSU
Now, I restarted the WFS to finalize all my work and hand it back to my friend, but it just bootloops. I do have access to the bootloader still, and always have. I try to load recovery through the bootloader and it bootloops.
Here's the real kicker:
- If I keep the USB cable plugged in, it runs beautifully. Both booting normally into any ROM I've flashed, and to the recovery.
- If I unplug the USB cable when booted into the ROM, it'll run fine until I restart/shut down.
- If I pull the battery and start it up normally, it bootloops. Vibrate, HTC logo, sits for about 5 seconds, goes black, repeat.
- I've tried to create a Gold Card, but the website making the *.img file is down. Tried the other site that just asks for your CID and spits out the *.img file, but neither forward/backward works.
- I've downloaded the only full Bell RUU > "RUU_Marvel_BM_1.36.666.5_Radio_47.10a.35.3030_7.4 6.36.14M_release_189856_signed.exe", then tried pulling the ROM.zip from the temp folder. It's the only one where the archive appears to be broken. I've tried different download locations and confirmed the md5 matches.
- I've tried just running the Bell RUU thinking that it might work, but it doesn't when it's an older release or equal to the existing one.
- I've tried the latest European RUU > "RUU_Marvel_S_HTC_Europe_2.26.401.3_Radio_47.23e.3 5.3038H_126.96.36.199M_release_261695_signed.exe" and I can pull the ROM.zip, but because the phone is BM___001, it won't allow the flash. I would need a Gold Card, which as I've mentioned is unavailable.
The only thing I haven't done (scared to do so)
- I haven't tried flashing it directly using "Method 3" in This Link
because I'm afraid to really brick the device.
Because I can't unzip the Bell RUU (corrupted), I'm afraid to try using even the generic European RUU. Would this even work? There's also this Link
which I've checked, but again, I don't think I can even do this one without the Gold Card working.
Leave it to Bell for only having one RUU.
Any thoughts on this very peculiar issue? I've seen a few threads that talk about other HTC devices with this issue, but only an RUU can be performed. And back to the "only-one-Bell-RUU" and "Gold-Card-website-down" issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Bell HTC Wildfire S (Bell Branded, BM___001)
- Unlocked Bootloader from HTC Dev
- TWRP 188.8.131.52
*** UNLOCKED ****
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT - 1.08.0099
MICROP - 0451
RADIO - 184.108.40.206M
Nov 28 2011, 19:09:21