[q] help required!!!

Search This thread

CookieRaider

Apr 17, 2012
Hello frnds m new to xda forum...
i rooted my optimus black its on gingerbread v20E
m nt able to flash a custom rom on it...
can anyone plz help me n suggest any custom rom for my phone..
:(:(

mullarameez

Nov 5, 2011
Pune
Hello frnds m new to xda forum...
i rooted my optimus black its on gingerbread v20E
m nt able to flash a custom rom on it...
can anyone plz help me n suggest any custom rom for my phone..
:(:(

If its rooted then it has clock work mod recovery install, so just install rom manager from market and select reboot into recovery, have the custom rom's zip copied on your memory card, then after rebooting into recovery do wipe data and reset then select install zip from memory card and select the copied .zip file and it gets install new rom. Zeus is good custom rom, marvel v7 is also good

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

CookieRaider

Apr 17, 2012
i tried using cyanogen mod v7 bt my phone went in bootloop at the time of rebooting then i had to install my stock rom again..
this happened twice so now i want to download a working rom :mad::mad:
n by zeus n marvel are compatible with v20N only as they have stated...

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
i tried using cyanogen mod v7 bt my phone went in bootloop at the time of rebooting then i had to install my stock rom again..
this happened twice so now i want to download a working rom :mad::mad:
n by zeus n marvel are compatible with v20N only as they have stated...

did you do a full wipe before flashing cm7?wipe data/cache and dalvik cache through cwm.anyway since you are new to the forum check this thread.it will help you a lot.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1487105

CookieRaider

Apr 17, 2012
ya i wipped all dat stuff..
even i wipped battery stats too..
wic rom do you hav n wat is android version??
n thanks for the reply..:thumbup::thumbup:

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
ya i wipped all dat stuff..
even i wipped battery stats too..
wic rom do you hav n wat is android version??
n thanks for the reply..:thumbup::thumbup:

i mostly use zeus 6.11 2.3.4 v20o version.zeus is very stable and fully working but some people experienced sods.here is the thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1454274
at the moment i use miui but some features are not working:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588360
i have used them all from time to time and marvel is great too with aroma installer (gingerbread 2.3.4 v20o).very stable too:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1473592
regarding your problem now.are you able to enter cwm?if yes flash zeus or marvel at first.check the development section.it has many choises there and you can find every information in the first posts.

Last edited:

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
n is miui compatible with any gingerbread version??:confused:
i mean to does it works with v20(B/E/N/O) ??

I think that you have not quite understand.whichever rom you are going to flash has a specific base.for example zeus has 2.3.4 v20o as a base.when you flash it your phone will have 2.3.4 v20o as a base.what you had before is irrelevant.since you flash a different based rom your firmware will change.take a look at the noob how to that i posted above.it refers to kernels and bases.if you flash nova rom for example then you go back to 2.2.2 froyo.if you flash miui you have 2.3.7.it foesn't matterwhat you have now.try to find some things on your own because we went way off topic and the moderator will close the thread.search is your assistant.

Sent from my P-970 using Tapatalk

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
ok..
caused lot of inconvenience to you...
sorry...
thnx for the help:thumbup::thumbup:

No inconvinience.if you want send me pm better for info.i told you that because the moderator will delete the thread if we are off topic.and for thanks you can just hit the thanks button.

Zaihanzainal

once youre rooted, it dosent matter what base youre using..... cos when you flash a rom you flash together with the base so it changes your whole phone software..... so its no problem switching between bases, you can even flash back froyo/ donut and go back to gb if you want.... but make sure you do your full wipes...

for roms,once rooted, only the type of device is specific.... type of base is not....(unless specified)

eg. you cannot flash an ics rom made for htc evo on your OB but what you can do is flash any kind of rom with any kind of base which was made specifically for OB

again, please do read...
Noobys How to Thread
Rom Installation Step By Step

--

Last edited:
Reactions: CookieRaider

CookieRaider

Apr 17, 2012
even if i downloaded cyanogenmod 7 it didnt work for me..
i wiped all caches(dalvik, battery stats, factory reset) bt my went in bootloop during rebooting n i had to flash my firmware again..
why did dis happen??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to flash any rom do we need to have cyanogen mod installed or it can be flashed independently??

No you just need to have root access and cwm recovery.just remember to do full wipe before flashing a rom.

once youre rooted, it dosent matter what base youre using..... cos when you flash a rom you flash together with the base so it changes your whole phone software..... so its no problem switching between bases, you can even flash back froyo/ donut and go back to gb if you want.... but make sure you do your full wipes...

for roms,once rooted, only the type of device is specific.... type of base is not....(unless specified)

eg. you cannot flash an ics rom made for htc evo on your OB but what you can do is flash any kind of rom with any kind of base which was made specifically for OB

again, please do read...
    Noobys How to Thread
    Rom Installation Step By Step

--
    Google is Your friend, try searching for "check md5"

Trolling in the deep
    n i downloaded d file from its official website..

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

screenshot-calculate-file-hash-crc.png

http://www.febooti.com/products/filetweak/members/hash-and-crc/