Smartconnect and latest update (on July 7th,2014) of Google Play Music broken

Search This thread

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
Although I have a motox I use the smartconnect app to automatically start playing music via Google play music when my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth.
But after the recent update to google play music (on July 7th) this functionality no longer works. I've uninstalled the play music app and went back to previous version and issue persists.
Can one of you please try this on your devices and let me know please.
I use the start action > play tracks > play

Note: Google play music is my only installed music app

I've sent Google 2 emails through the feedback option in the Google Play Music app, but we all know google never responds to those emails.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

dantheman122

Sep 20, 2011
Brisbane
Although I have a motox I use the smartconnect app to automatically start playing music via Google play music when my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth.
But after the recent update to google play music (on July 7th) this functionality no longer works. I've uninstalled the play music app and went back to previous version and issue persists.
Can one of you please try this on your devices and let me know please.
I use the start action > play tracks > play

Note: Google play music is my only installed music app

Mine started doing the Walkman app instead of Google Music after I updated the Walkman app, had to remove the play command and just open Google Music instead to make it launch that rather than Walkman.

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
Mine started doing the Walkman app instead of Google Music after I updated the Walkman app, had to remove the play command and just open Google Music instead to make it launch that rather than Walkman.

Did this start happening to you after the recent (July 7th) update to the Google Play Music app?

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
Trust me it's the google play music update that did it.

I don't know if google did it on purpose, or it's a bug.

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
I was so annoyed by the whole I did a factory reset, to get this working again. I just won't update the google play music app.

Last edited by a moderator: