[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [06/19/2010 / 5.0.8]

Search This thread

icon57

Aug 13, 2009
florida
?

why does the PI benchmark run the same or slower with this ram hack?
i was thinking the extra available ram would yield a better score, is the benchmark more cpu based?

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Hello,
As told earlier i have NO contacts available on the contacts list.
However if someone calls or i i get a missed call, it shows me the right person name (even the picture associated to it). If i then choose that person phone number i can select "show contact" and the contact will show up...
So as there were enhancement from Cytown on the phone part i was wondering if this could be related...
Anyone with the same issue?
TX guys for the great support :)
best

Do you think it has something to do with the contact Labels?

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Anyone else not getting email alerts? I have my account setup to check every 10 minutes, hadn't gotten anything all morning. I just opened the account up, and had 15 new emails, it never automatically checked or alerted me..

That was my exact problem...so I went back to stock ROM for now...until the FINAL is released.

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
Ok, I have a WiFi problem with this. Wifi works (if I enable it, it auto connects to my network fine) but if I try to access the WiFi settings while Wifi is active it Force Closes. If I go in there with it off it's ok but as soon as I enable it, it FCs and throws me out.
Obviously that means I can't connect to any new networks/make any changes etc

EDIT: Just to add that I am using the 2.6.29.6 image flashed over CM5 b2 with neXTheme

Bummer. Something else must be conflicting. I am also running the 2.6.29.6 kernel with memory patch and CM5B2 (no theme) and no FC when accessing WiFi settings while WiFi is active or not.

LPChris

Jul 14, 2007
Is anyone else having a problem with Bluetooth? I installed this ROM, then switch to JIT and flashed the zImage and WiFi fix from wootroot and everything works perfectly except for Bluetooth. Whenever I try to switch it on it acts like it's doing that and then just turns back off after about 10 seconds or so.

da-slicksta

Mar 7, 2006
Mms problems????

Has anyone else notice incoming mms pictures are blurry? to test take a picture and send it to yourself and view the one you received.

Immorten

Jan 19, 2010
Oslo
Run adb remount
Run adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules
Run adb reboot

I'm stuck at these points. I've installed the ADB driver, but still the phone asks for some drivers when I boot it after successfully applying the new .32 kernel.
Won't list my device when I do 'adb devices'

The drivers it asks for are:
Nexus One
CDC Abstract Control Model

Does this have something to do with adb at all? =P
My phone is in debugging mode and all..

BoostedSR20

Has anyone else notice incoming mms pictures are blurry? to test take a picture and send it to yourself and view the one you received.

Used a pic I had already. (which looks great) sent it to myself, and both of them look like hell. (the sent, and the received)
I noticed it compressed it to 29kb, I'm guessing this is why it looks like poop. It used to compress pics to 200ish kb....

FettsVett

Jan 27, 2010
Buena Park
Used a pic I had already. (which looks great) sent it to myself, and both of them look like hell. (the sent, and the received)
I noticed it compressed it to 29kb, I'm guessing this is why it looks like poop. It used to compress pics to 200ish kb....

Haha, the sent one was reduced to 12kb for me and the recieved was reduced to 3kb.

You can imagine the quality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Now available from CM Updater!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a pure, working AOSP build which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

* Can be used with or without Google applications
    * Kernel 2.6.34 with Pershoot's tweaks
    * ADWLauncher is the default launcher!
    * Complete music app overhaul by Eliot Stocker
    * Clean shutdown/startup system
    * New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
    * Built in USB & Bluetooth tethering
    * Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
    * ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
    * Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
    * FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
    * Phone enhancements from Cytown
    * Contacts enhancements from Wysie
    * MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
    * Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
    * DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option :)
    * Massive APN list
    * Huge collection of ringtones and audio
    * Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
    * All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
    * 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
    * Full color trackball notifications (from Google)
    * OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
    * Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
    * Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
    * See the full CHANGELOG for all credits and details

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM to your Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery or Amon_RA's recovery image
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

CyanogenMod Nexus One FAQ: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Nexus_One_FAQ

Latest version: 5.0.8-N1 - 06/19/2010
    Download: http://cyanogen-updater.googlecode.com/files/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 70aa95ee1b22101901cd75e9bc6e92ba

Google Addon: EPF30
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjzwozjojkh

Radio Firmware: FRF50 (FROYO RADIO, REQUIRED!)
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/radio-4.06.00.12_7.img
    MD5Sum: 3321c196d8ec1cf748fd20c3c4068520

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    Handcent force closes too -.-
    Edit // I also cant call someone. Force close
    Edit // Pocket Empires doesnt get internet connection anymore

Make sure you don't have the Froyo radio
    Wipe data, cache, dalvik-cache
    Reinstall 5.0.7 with the shipping kernel
    Try calling someone
    Download Handcent from market (don't restore)

I think you'll be okay.
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "

Seems to be a problem with Titanium, not CM. Uninstall it, reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reinstall. Fixed it for me.