[NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Search This thread

rumgool

Feb 16, 2012
GAINESVILLE
Are these the ICS-leak files? http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/maserati/cm9/
Because the ICS-leak folder is gone!

And how big is the chance to get HDMI working in the next ~3 weeks? I want to travel a little bit during september and take the lapdock with me instead of a whole 15" laptop.

No, these are not the ICS leak ROMs.... I tried the AOKP the other night to test it out. If you want to flash a safestrap ROM with webtop, use Eclipse, or stick with ICS stock. Eclipse is great, it is very snappy and fully functional.

Also, we are close to soak testing official ICS, so we should see an official build in the coming weeks. On another note, it seems like Hashcode is making decent progress on the D3 kexec builds with therealjonpry. Once they have a stable CM9/CM10 ROM for the D3, we should see that implemented on our device as well, since the kernel will theoretically be compatible with both devices.

kwood129

Jun 5, 2005
Has anyone had issues installing the 7-25 build? I've installed it several times and can't seem to get it to install. I've successfully installed the 7-23 build and eclipse. When I install the 7-25 I only get the black screen after the safestrap screen. I left it on there for hours last night without any boot. This build was my first try after installing safestrap so there wasn't any issues with an older install. Any suggestions?

thelolotov

Nov 27, 2009
Has anyone had issues installing the 7-25 build? I've installed it several times and can't seem to get it to install. I've successfully installed the 7-23 build and eclipse. When I install the 7-25 I only get the black screen after the safestrap screen. I left it on there for hours last night without any boot. This build was my first try after installing safestrap so there wasn't any issues with an older install. Any suggestions?

Ahh, I posted in the DF thread too, but, yes, me too. Do you have 7/23 handy? It's not on ROMBot.

Edit: Found it myself, had it installed already anyways.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20327727/ICS-LEAK-cm-9-20120723-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip

Last edited:

thelolotov

Nov 27, 2009

The ICS leak ones are gone from ROMbot and Krackflashers. Just wait a bit for the Kexec, or use the 7/23 one in my post above.

vyruz1986

May 5, 2009
Heist op den Berg

Lum_UK

May 24, 2012
Bristol
dj.lum.uk
OnePlus 5T
Still got the bluetooth audio and screen resizing issues.
Any changelog on this compared to the last 25/07 build?

Coming from a galaxy nexus, i really start to regret having bought this device due to the locked bootloader, i hope someone will find a hack soon...

There's always the debloated/modified stock ROMs (myfishbear's ROM, and Eclipse) to keep you going in the meantime.

The only thing I'm really missing from AOKP/CM9 is the theme engine, I want my purple theme back :3

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
Thought I should mention, since you guys are talking about ROM alternatives, Munst3rr over on ROMbot.org has released a couple of new ROMs. I have run both and they are both very stable. Also, Hashcode announced last night via twitter a new safestrap, verision 2.1, that supports kexec. Hopefully that means we're are getting close to seeing a working kexec ROM!

azrael293

Thought I should mention, since you guys are talking about ROM alternatives, Munst3rr over on ROMbot.org has released a couple of new ROMs. I have run both and they are both very stable. Also, Hashcode announced last night via twitter a new safestrap, verision 2.1, that supports kexec. Hopefully that means we're are getting close to seeing a working kexec ROM!

Kwyrt, whats the link to Munst3rr's ROMs on ROMbot? Wouldnt mind checking them out

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
Reactions: azrael293

moah909

Oct 16, 2010
Sekret
On rombot.us.to there are cm9 ics leak builds, they are just under Maserati/cm9 not a speacial cm9 ICS LEAK directory.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

thelolotov

Nov 27, 2009
On rombot.us.to there are cm9 ics leak builds, they are just under Maserati/cm9 not a speacial cm9 ICS LEAK directory.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

There are now, there weren't a few days ago.

For those of you looking, here's the link to the new Safestrap with Kexec support.

http://rombot.org/forums/index.php?...safestrap-210-for-droid-4-0816-kexec-support/

I had my data come back after installing the new SS and installing the new ICS-Leak and restoring my /data, and it's been solid since. YMMV.

teookie

Feb 5, 2011
Data has been good for me on CM9 and I installed the most recent one from a few posts back.

Shell does do a lot of SU requests.

The keyboard back light turns on when the keyboard is closed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.

This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM9 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)

Download Here from ROMbot

Download GApps Here (04/29 Goo-Inside GApps Link).
    FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
    - Rooted
    - Running a Motorola ICS leak (.206, .208, .211, etc)
    - I recommend that you run Safestrap v2.00 to install this. Here's how to use Safestrap
    And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
    Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

WHAT can I expect to work right now?
    - 4G and basic phone function
    - All sensors
    - Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
    - Video Recording
    - HD YouTube
    - Netflix

Current Known Issues?
    - Data connection is a work in progress. It's MUCH better than it used to be in the old ICS builds, however there is always room for improvement. Due to the "global" data connection style of stock Motorola ICS, this problem will probably continue to be worked on. Feedback is always appreciated, but if you see it posted already then there's a good chance I know about specific issues.
    - Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.
    - The CM9 built-in Wifi Tether won't work. You need to use the "Wifi Tether" app that's bundled into the ROM. Once you open it, hit [menu] and "Settings". Select "Change Device-Profile" to "Generic ICS".
    - I'm sure there's more, I'll update this list here in a bit.

WHO works on this?
    Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.

WHAT is a "nightly"?
    It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).

WHY would I want this?
    - Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
    - It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
    Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

We maintain all of our code at github:
    https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:
    [ COMING SOON ]
    Reserved for future use
    Well I can assist in your issue.

I too was skeptical at first about safestrap but its pretty self explanatory.
    You have the concept down that it backs up your original system 1 and creates a system 2 to then be altered and flashed without touching system 1.

I had the Droid X and that had a locked bootloader as well.
    From my research a locked bootloader just denies the "lowest" level of access to the phone which includes flashing radios and kernels.

Other than that, Yes you can install D4 Safestrap which acts just as CWM Recovery in order to flash this Rom and or others.

Remember when flashing to ENABLE safestrap before you flash and always backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik

Hope that helps explain some of it to you.

I have ICS this beta running on my D4 like a champ
    Just tried installing using safestrap and bootlooped. Had to hard reboot to get back to safestrap recovery and back in to stock ROM. Anyone else tried this yet? Might try again tonight when I get home and let the battery charge up a bit.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?

That was it. First time I've used safestrap. I figured since I did not have a previous ROM installed in Safemode that I did not need to wipe. Went back in, wiped data and cache and now I am in business. Looking good Hash!

One question though, I tried to wipe dalvik and it said it could not find sd-ext. Any idea what that is about?

Edit: Feels so good to be flashing ROMs again!!!