A Goodbye - #NeverAgain

Search This thread

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
I've been on XDA a long time. Met some tremendous people here and have learned an incredible amount. A lot of us joined together and did something special (#NeverAgain).

In my time, a lot of things seem to have gone sour with XDA (not the people that use it).

The only downside here is that XDA is a force. Everyone uses it. Because of that, everyone gets treated the way XDA wants to treat you, not necessarily how they SHOULD be treated.

THE ONLY WAY FOR THERE TO BE CHANGE, IS ACTION.

Sincerely,
s15274n (@CallipH on twitter)

#NeverAgainXDA

EDIT. Could not find a way to delete my account. Someone can take care of that after this gets reported I assume.

Last edited by a moderator:

MINUS Stl

Jul 1, 2008
St. Louis
www.weplaycod.net
1331243932317.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Reactions: patrickpetersen
I applaud your move. Yet as you probably know, you cannot boycott or even teach adults into morals and values. If they value fame, money, or prestige over behaving correctly, then nothing can change that now.

They will not understand what you are even talking about. They will only feel threatened and will either lash out or silence you.

Your message does have a chance to get others. What remains to be seen is whether or not then leaders of this forum will be cowardly and silence you by taking down this thread or will they leave it up for a chance at meaningful and productive dialogue so you can get your message out?

Reactions: s15274n

suchavibrantthang

Dec 27, 2010
sorry to hear you're leaving too. xda is mess.

we've seen a bunch of devs leave here and and then eventually shutting down. guess they just lose the interest in time. but it was fun. thanks for keeping us informed on the root thread when all else failed.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I just welcomed you back. I appreciated your thread when I first came over to this forum. Hopefully they will keep it up. Maybe I'll start downloading everything I don't already have in case they do and I'll maintain it, if that is ok with you. Feel free to PM me with anything before you leave.

Peace and Chicken Grease

Reactions: s15274n

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
I just welcomed you back. I appreciated your thread when I first came over to this forum. Hopefully they will keep it up. Maybe I'll start downloading everything I don't already have in case they do and I'll maintain it, if that is ok with you. Feel free to PM me with anything before you leave.

Peace and Chicken Grease

Here is a backup of the noob guide. I don't think the thread will get deleted, but just in case:

http://db.tt/RaQceAuo

Thanks

Reactions: Woody

jake

Sep 29, 2011
I've been on XDA a long time. Met some tremendous people here and have learned an incredible amount. A lot of us joined together and did something special (#NeverAgain).

In my time, a lot of things seem to have gone sour with XDA

The only downside here is that XDA is a force. Everyone uses it. Because of that, everyone gets treated the way XDA wants to treat you, not necessarily how they SHOULD be treated.

Sincerely,

#NeverAgainXDA

EDIT. Could not find a way to delete my account. Someone can take care of that after this gets reported I assume.

I hear you bro -- but from an outsiders perspective, it sounds like you are taking something too seriously. I for a v brief time felt the way you did even, then I realized .. allowing a website to keep me from downloading files is short changing truly only me. Have no choice ~

#firstworldproblems

Seriously.. have you considered a tweet / pm / etc maybe that will get more of a message across. Nothing personal, just my .02

Happy crack flashing!

#
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In my time, a lot of things seem to have gone sour with XDA (not the people that use it).

Sincerely,

#NeverAgainXDA

What exactly is the issue here I don't understand...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Not going to air it all out, but it's my personal opinion xda could be doing a heck of a lot more for the community it depends on.

Other sites seem to get it. That's where I hope people go.
    Who are you again? o_O

Sent from my Galaxy S II

LOL. You a$$. See you over at RW.
    1331243932317.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    I completely agree. This site makes a lot of money from its users. Its great when a site gives back.