[Q] HELP! Bricked my Phone!

Search This thread

gch230

Jun 21, 2014
Hey all,
I was trying to revert my ATT i717 edition back to stock when I mistakenly installed a kernel as a boot loader via ODIN..dont ask dumb mistake on my part...Now my Note shows the Samsung logo, goes black, shows a different Samsung logo and doesn't go any further. I can boot to recovery mode and ODIN mode but that's it. I think all I need is a stock boot loader and everything will be OK. I have no problem wiping this thing completely as theres nothing I want to save on it. I haven't been able to find a working stock boot loader anywhere that I could use ODIN to install. Any help would be great. If I can't find a homegrown solution, I may just end up shipping this off to the mobiletechvideos crew, but would rather save some money if I can. Thanks in advance.

-Geoff

gch230

Jun 21, 2014
Since everyone else is viewing and not responding, have you tried this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506330

Btw, it doesn't sound like it hard bricked it if it's still going into recovery. Just Odin the stock kernel, system, and recovery and it see what happens.

Thanks for the advice! I had found that thread earlier, however none of the links work, nor have they been reposted. If anyone here has them in some dark region of their hard drive, I'd love to have a working link.

Thanks.

-Geoff