iContact 0.6 update + source code

Search This thread

larna

Dec 8, 2006
Hi everyone.

I think it's the right time to open a new thread for iContact. Version 0.6 and it's source code are out. New in 0.6 are:

• simple favorites management. Sliding a contact from left to right brings a plus sign. It's a little tricky at first, but i got used to it. Tapping on the plus sign tags a contact as favorite. If the contact is already favorite, you can unfavorite it (does that word exist? ;)
    Pushing "Right" on the D-pad brings the favorites window. Pushing "Left" brings "all contacts" window.
  • "mobile" and "work" numbers have "sms" option. Tapping it will bring new sms window.
  • "email" option works if you have configured email account, and have it entered in iContact settings file.
  • D-pad navigation is fully supported in contact details. Left key brings you back to contact list, while Right key brings you "new sms dialog" if currently selected number has sms option.
  • settings.ini file has been added. It must reside in the same directory as iContact.exe. You can setup your email account in there and you can also setup strings used throughout the app ("mobile", "sms", "ABC" etc ...)
  • other small fixes

There will probably be bugs, as always. However, this time I've included the source code. I encourage anyone interested and skilled to use the source code. It's in best interest for the whole community if iContact continues to evolve. And even faster than it has until now.

I know the code is the mess, so i don't need to be reminded of that fact X).

Other reason for releasing source code is that i really have no free time to develop this app. I'm looking forward to see how this app will evolve in hands of skilled programmers. iContact satisfies MY needs, and more, but i realize there are people that have different needs. So, go ahead, grab the source and good luck.

The source code released doesn't have a specific license attached. However, I'd suggest anyone who will use it to consider returning something to the community. That is something that makes a good community that good.

Thank you all for you support and comments. I hope this is best for community.

Take care,
larna

Attachments

• iContact_v0.6.zip
    34.5 KB · Views: 15,960
  • iContact_v0.6_source.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 5,449

gman8966

Jan 4, 2008
I Love this program, keep up the good work!

*Edit*: for some reason this version isn't working for me. I have the settings.ini in the same folder and for some reason when I click on the prog it doesn't open up.

Last edited:

slyaii

Mar 7, 2008
can you modify it so that when we type in a letter, it will go to the nearest match. for example, if we have 15 contacts with the the letter H, I would love it if we press the letter on our keypad and it will go to the nearest one.

Homer Simpson
Homer Tux
Homer Zebra
Homer Zeeja

if I type in zeb, it will bring up Homer Zebra as my nearest match...I know that I can scroll to the name...

phouki

Apr 20, 2006
iContacts v0.6.cab

Here is the installer cab with right soft key mapped to iContact

Last edited:

pauldgroot

May 27, 2007
Groningen
one question for everyone who is going to continue this great app.

could someone please make the colors customizable?

thanks!

pauldgroot

May 27, 2007
Groningen
btw i also found a little bug, it is possible to add the add contact to favorites, when this is done there is and alphabetic list in your favorites.

larna

Dec 8, 2006
btw i also found a little bug, it is possible to add the add contact to favorites, when this is done there is and alphabetic list in your favorites.

Whoah, i totally forgot about "Add new contact" button. That shouldn't be to hard to fix. Anyone up to it?

Thx for comments, and thanks for the cab file phouki.

larna

evilc

Mar 2, 2005
London
Thanks very, very much for releasing the source!
Just trying to get into WM coding at the moment, one of the things I wanted to do was v similar to iContacts, you just saved me a load of work!

What I want is:
* iContacts, but as a today screen item
* Finger scroll still works as an ultimatelaunch face - remove left and right gesture from iContacts if needs be.
* Option to only display contacts in certain categories - alternative to left+right gesture to do favorites
* Pictures by contact names where available.

Of course, if I manage to get it working, I will release back to everybody

Last edited:

klmsu19

Oct 2, 2005
the sms option works nicely opening up text messaging and starting a new message to that person but email (poutlook) does not work. It opens up poutlook and thats it. It shoudl open and start a new email to that address. how can this be done? what exactly needs to be changed in the settings.ini file with the email account (using just activesync for push)

larna

Dec 8, 2006
the sms option works nicely opening up text messaging and starting a new message to that person but email (poutlook) does not work. It opens up poutlook and thats it. It shoudl open and start a new email to that address. how can this be done? what exactly needs to be changed in the settings.ini file with the email account (using just activesync for push)

I must admit i am not entirely sure how email button should function.

When i open POutlook it displays "Select an Account" window. If you have email account setup it should display on that window. Name of the account is listed in bigger font size, and email address is listed in smaller font size.

You should enter email account name in settings ini file:

;E-mail account name from pocket outlook
email_account=email_account_name

However, as i said, there may be the cases where such thing may not work and i can't help you then.

larna

pauldgroot

May 27, 2007
Groningen
Thanks very, very much for releasing the source!
Just trying to get into WM coding at the moment, one of the things I wanted to do was v similar to iContacts, you just saved me a load of work!

What I want is:
* iContacts, but as a today screen item
* Finger scroll still works as an ultimatelaunch face - remove left and right gesture from iContacts if needs be.
* Option to only display contacts in certain categories - alternative to left+right gesture to do favorites
* Pictures by contact names where available.

Of course, if I manage to get it working, I will release back to everybody

Sounds like you need pocketCM contacts?