mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
Hi guys,

1/8gb 2100 UK model
Omate Truesmart 20140328.182336 v2.0
No changes to stock
No pc used.

I've turned everything on in sim management. Data connection is saying Vodafone UK, 3G is enabled, network mode is auto, APN set to wap. vodaphone . The only thing i can spot is in Sim information, default settings are all greyed out apart from data connection which is bright white and states vodafone uk. Im receiving texts and voice calls, network bars are showing on status bar but no E, G, 3G. Can someone help please as ive tried two different sim cards with no results. Cheers

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
Double check vodaphone that the APN settings are correct. AT&T users are having an issue where it APN says AT&T but the APN settings themselves are wrong.

Sorry I don't have a patch ready.

Loki you're amazing, checked apn setting on Google, only minor changes, a word here, a number there.......viola, i have H+ in the status bar. Thanks.

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
Ubuntu Edge

Glad you got data working. Still not sure why they have not at least used the APN list from my patch. That one covers far more carriers.

Yes the Ubuntu sounds great but haven't heard any recent news, not that I've been searching for news on it. Thanks for your help.

Ubuntu Edge

Glad you got data working. Still not sure why they have not at least used the APN list from my patch. That one covers far more carriers.

Sent from my LG-D838 using Tapatalk

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
They're in
Settings >wireless & networks> more> mobile networks >access point names >contract wap
Then fill out details correctly for each heading

Sent from my LG-D838 using Tapatalk

ianjd

Apr 6, 2008
I also changed them manually but still cannot get it to connect. Can you please share exactly what you put in.

Thanks.

Same here, I've been through a hard reset, rewriting all the APN settings, copying them over from another Vodafone device, and the wretched data connection icon just has an inscrutable tiny blue blob on it. SMS works, but it's a paperweight if it has to be tethered all the time.

chippyuk

Mar 30, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Same here, I've been through a hard reset, rewriting all the APN settings, copying them over from another Vodafone device, and the wretched data connection icon just has an inscrutable tiny blue blob on it. SMS works, but it's a paperweight if it has to be tethered all the time.

Think we need @mcteague to state exactly what settings he has entered. He did send me a PM earlier so thank you however even after trying the settings listed under the link he sent (they were slightly different to other settings I found on Vodafones website) it still would not work.

Exact steps and details would be greatly appreciated and also if you have flashed any patches etc....

Thanks.

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
Think we need @mcteague to state exactly what settings he has entered. He did send me a PM earlier so thank you however even after trying the settings listed under the link he sent (they were slightly different to other settings I found on Vodafones website) it still would not work.

Exact steps and details would be greatly appreciated and also if you have flashed any patches etc....

Thanks.

I havent flashed anything mate, this was while on complete stock. One setting was entering PAP, as it was NOT SET, i think that did it on mine. Anyway im on Lokifish's rom now and that contains most apn settings.

Reactions: ianjd

ianjd

Apr 6, 2008
I havent flashed anything mate, this was while on complete stock. One setting was entering PAP, as it was NOT SET, i think that did it on mine. Anyway im on Lokifish's rom now and that contains most apn settings.

Thanks, adding PAP authentication seems to have resolved it for me; I also added WAP to the APN types in addition to default and MMS.

chippyuk

Mar 30, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thanks, adding PAP authentication seems to have resolved it for me; I also added WAP to the APN types in addition to default and MMS.

Mine will still not work I have tried 4 or 5 different settings found at various places including 2 different settings for Contract connections on Vodafones own Website. Without sounding like broken record can someone PLEASE post the exact settings they have entered, all of them?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Which Rom are you using, the 1900/2100 security patched one or the 1900 rooted one? If the latter, any issues on the 2100 etc...

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Double check vodaphone that the APN settings are correct. AT&T users are having an issue where it APN says AT&T but the APN settings themselves are wrong.

Sorry I don't have a patch ready.

Thanks.

Mine will still not work I have tried 4 or 5 different settings found at various places including 2 different settings for Contract connections on Vodafones own Website. Without sounding like broken record can someone PLEASE post the exact settings they have entered, all of them?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

(For Vodafone monthly)

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
    APN type: default, mms, wap
    Proxy,Port: Not set.
    Username: wap
    Password: wap
    Sever: not set.
    MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: 212.183.137.012
    MMS Port: 8799
    MCC: 234
    MNC: 15