[Q] 4.4.4 Photo Wallpaper location

Search This thread

olidroid

Nov 21, 2010
London
I had a great photo saved as a wallpaper on my Android 4.4.4 (RomAur v9.0) Sony C6903 Z1. Then in some DropBox/Google Photos/mad confusion I lost the photo but I still have the wallpaper.

I want to restore the photo from the wallpaper on my phone but can't find it anywhere. I have root access and have tried advise from searching on here and Google but still can't find the wallpaper location.

Can anyone help?

<EDIT>
Duh. Wrong forum, how do I move this to QA?

Last edited:

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
I had a great photo saved as a wallpaper on my Android 4.4.4 (RomAur v9.0) Sony C6903 Z1. Then in some DropBox/Google Photos/mad confusion I lost the photo but I still have the wallpaper.

I want to restore the photo from the wallpaper on my phone but can't find it anywhere. I have root access and have tried advise from searching on here and Google but still can't find the wallpaper location.

Can anyone help?

<EDIT>
Duh. Wrong forum, how do I move this to QA?

You don't, a moderator will notice and move it for you ;) As far as your question goes however, the wallpaper can be applied and stay applied without the original file still being local. It may have been deleted. If it hasn't been deleted, then a search of your phone using a file explorer should uncover it. Make sure you search for items with image extensions. I hope I've helped :D

olidroid

Nov 21, 2010
London
Thanks for the advice WEM97 but it doesn't really answer the question. The original photo has gone (there is no questioning that), it's not on the phone, it's not on SD card and it's not in any backups... but it is still my wallpaper so it must be cached somewhere, my question is where?

I can't remember the name of the original file so I can't do a direct search but I have already searched internal root for png and jpg formats but nothing.

olidroid

Nov 21, 2010
London
Solved

Just found the 'Wallpaper Saver Free' in Play store and it saved my wallpaper to Dropbox. I still don't know where KitKat caches my wallpaper but I have what I need!

Thanks AlroeApps (the app developer).