[FIX][UPDATE][Video CAMERA]2.3.6 Stock/Custom rom

Search This thread

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
Yes but then the driver wouldn't be updated. If I feel betteer pics with VPack is because of the driver, not the camera. Probably I am wrong

this is just a library file .. the drivers are in the kernel :) so all we did here is used older lib which uses variable recording fps to allow more light which outputs a clearer video in dark situations :)

kbar1

Feb 16, 2012
I tried this mod on DDLF2, but it breaks front camera preview. It appears stretched/rotated. Actual pictures are fine. The "Undo" zip didn't fix it... Had to restore a Nandroid backup...

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra

Actually problem is with every kernel available for GB rom. Just now I flashed clean stock DDLF2 rom. Then I checked camera. Everything was working fine.Then I flashed bam v14fix kernel & checked camera. Back camera worked fine. But front camera rotation was broken. Means when I started front camera at first instant everything looks good. But as soon as I rotated phone to landscape mode then front camera image looks like rotated by 180 degrees. Means image looks like upside down.
At first time I was not sure so I again flashed clean stock DDLF2 rom & checked front camera. But this time everything is fine. But as soon as I flashed ur kernel front camera problem again appeared.
Now 3rd time I again did a clean flash DDLF2 & then directly flashed UC kernel v15. So this time also same camera problem appeared.
Whole day I thought it might be due to some other reason but now I am 100% sure.

Last edited:

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
Actually problem is with every kernel available for GB rom. Just now I flashed clean stock DDLF2 rom. Then I checked camera. Everything was working fine.Then I flashed bam v14fix kernel & checked camera. Back camera worked fine. But front camera rotation was broken. Means when I started front camera at first instant everything looks good. But as soon as I rotated phone to landscape mode then front camera image looks like rotated by 180 degrees. Means image looks like upside down.
At first time I was not sure so I again flashed clean stock DDLF2 rom & checked front camera. But this time everything is fine. But as soon as I flashed ur kernel front camera problem again appeared.
Now 3rd time I again did a clean flash DDLF2 & then directly flashed UC kernel v15. So this time also same camera problem appeared.
Whole day I thought it might be due to some other reason but now I am 100% sure.

yes thats true :O nice observation ! so the only thing we can conclude now is that the DRIVERS (in the kernel ) HAVE CHANGED :D finally samsung working up their ass a little ! :D seems like i hav to flash cf root now lol

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
I have exactly the same issue after flashing Bam kernel v14fix

sumesh.gdi

Jul 7, 2012
worldseoguru.com
THIS IS NOT FOR CM9/CM7/MIUI or any other ASOP ROM DO NOT USE ON VALUEPACKS IT DOES NOT WORK
I'm not responsible if u brick ur phone or if it stops working !

This is the Fix for recent gingerbread phones which have the issue of very DARK video recordings at lower resolutions ! this fix will fix the issue :D and it will also increase ur night capture quality video :)

it replaces a library file :) its not a edit to the .apk and will work on ANY camera ! even on siril's camera mod ;)
Asked a lot of devs out there to do it ! no1 listened :( ! so thought of trying it on my own and after a lot of reading,googeling.and testing came up with the fix :D :D

what difference does it make ? here ! c this image :)
Difference.jpg

This fix is tested on deodex DDKP3,XXKPQ,XXKPU (confirmed by user comments ) firmware ! it should work on other 2.3.6 firmware for i9003 Galaxy Sl.

Instructions
Create nandroid backup just in case :)
1-Download http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?016ui5c531ht3yf
2-Copy to external sd
3-flash CMW zip file
4-Reboot

For ppl who didnt like this fix , click -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t8db8xmvzbpvgwi to revert back to the way it was !

Credits
Bangalore_Rohan for the updater script :) thanks man
Shriom :p
And click thanks button instead of commenting thanks !

FAQ
flashed it on value pack and hav the front facing camera's orientation messed up ? no problem flash this > http://www.mediafire.com/?68y1tplc9i418o5 and ur back to normal :) this fix doesnt work on value pack.

answer from a pro dev -

Is this work on my DDLF2?

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
if you are after bright video recording A better video recording can be achieved with this app "Videocam illusion", it does lower the frame rate so keep in mind that low light videos will be blurry if you move the camera a lot. The mod also did the same function but provided brighter video.

This app will brighten the video by 1-1.5 f/stops & no need of replacing lib files every time.

For still camera this app is best "Camera FV-5" it gives you full manual control.

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
if you are after bright video recording A better video recording can be achieved with this app "Videocam illusion", it does lower the frame rate so keep in mind that low light videos will be blurry if you move the camera a lot. The mod also did the same function but provided brighter video.
regarding video cam illuion ! its an app that does not use hw to record videos hence not advisable ! it will lead to severe heating of the device if used for a long time since it uses the cpu for recording!
First thing is it necessary to quote whole post...???
And second thing that are u really blind...??? Please read just above 5-6 posts. In that its clearly mentioned that this mod does not work on DDLF2.
Come on buddy dont act like "super noob" for god sake.
these ppl are insane ! i've written that it doesnt support value pack in the op and that too with the max font size :| leave this bro its no use telin them ! next tym we're ignoring these noobs

iamno3

Nov 23, 2010
How to fix on value pack?
Hope u could fix it too :D

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT FOR CM9/CM7/MIUI or any other AOSP ROM
    DO NOT USE ON VALUEPACKS IT DOES NOT WORK
    I'm not responsible if u brick ur phone or if it stops working !

This is the Fix for recent gingerbread phones which have the issue of very DARK video recordings at lower resolutions ! this fix will fix the issue :D and it will also increase ur night capture quality video :)

it replaces a library file :) its not a edit to the .apk and will work on ANY camera ! even on siril's camera mod ;)
    Asked a lot of devs out there to do it ! no1 listened :( ! so thought of trying it on my own and after a lot of reading,googeling.and testing came up with the fix :D :D

what difference does it make ? here ! c this image :)
    Difference.jpg

This fix is tested on deodex DDKP3,XXKPQ,XXKPU (confirmed by user comments ) firmware ! it should work on other 2.3.6 firmware for i9003 Galaxy Sl.

Instructions
    Create nandroid backup just in case :)
    1-Download http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?016ui5c531ht3yf
    2-Copy to external sd
    3-flash CMW zip file
    4-Reboot

For ppl who didnt like this fix , click -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t8db8xmvzbpvgwi to revert back to the way it was !

Credits
    Bangalore_Rohan for the updater script :) thanks man
    Shriom :p
    And click thanks button instead of commenting thanks !

FAQ
    flashed it on value pack and hav the front facing camera's orientation messed up ? no problem flash this > http://www.mediafire.com/?68y1tplc9i418o5 and ur back to normal :) this fix doesnt work on value pack.
    @shriomman ,thanks for you work,but after applying the mod the video recording is choppy or laggy,im on ddkp3 any idea?

answer from a pro dev -

That sounds probable. If you limit the framerate to a minimum of 30fps, the video can become very dark when there is not enough light. If you lower this limit to - say - 10 fps, the video will be brighter in low light, but it will be "laggy" and because each frame is exposed longer than at 30 fps, blur will be more likely. Both is inevitable, but in my opinion still better than a black video ;)
    Shirom, here is ur mod with DM's one at the same flaseable zip. It edits media_profiles.xml from etc making the video recording much better. U can appreciate it in the size of the video before and after the mod, it is quite improved :)
    Great work man.btw i think everyone would appreciate it even more if you could create a zip to reverse the changes.hats off to you bro.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA

ok great! i got your point and understood. can you pls provide a CWM zip for reverting the changes also for safer side? i would again say this is called a fantastic job man what you have done for camera and our SL i9003.

okay ! will do :) reverting to stock comin up !

edit- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t8db8xmvzbpvgwi ! :) to revert the way it used to b :)
    m on bam kernel v9fix ! its not the kernel !

Awesome work man. Gonna test it tonight. I liked the fact that you did it on your own. The main point being "you" learnt how to do it :) Doesnt that feel good ? Yes, definitely it does .

Edit : Works like a charm :)