Google Apps Possible on 11.3.2.2??

Search This thread

GatorBait1996

Dec 13, 2012
I just got my son a KF HD 7", I don't believe it's the HDX. All I want to do is install Google Play so I can install a bunch of the games he already purchased from a previous tablet. I tried following the thread from the FAQ: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069329 and also searched around for other threads, but I have had zero luck.

All was going well until I tried downloading KFFirstAide from the thread, the download kept getting interrupted, I was able to find KFFirstAide elsewhere on RootJunky's YouTube channel.

Then I had issue with the drivers, I finally got the drivers working from a post on gizmag.com using what seemed to be the HDX drivers, I was able to see it in Device Manager properly under Kindle Fire\Android Composite ADB Interface, but when I did a test in KFFirstAide for ADB it said "NO DEVICE FOUND! Please ensure ADB is ON and proper drivers are installed." ADB is turned on and it looks like the correct drivers are installed.

Am I just wasting my time right now? Is there no way to root/install Google Apps on this newer OTA update? If there is an easier way that I missed please let me know. Thanks in advance.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
OK there's a small bit of info needed to know if what you are doing is the correct method. Is this the 2012 kfhd or the 2013. The 2013 kfhd doesn't have a front facing camera.(2013 doesn't mean hdx either)

Edit: my bad forgot about the title! That's a 2013 kfhd, don't use kffa with it its not meant for it. That tablet is rootable but not rommable(with the exception of a ROM that came out that uses the stock kernel. I remember hearing youncan install Google play services! Think their was a issue with them and it may have been since fixed but don't quote me on that. The 2013 models aren't my specialty.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GatorBait1996

Dec 13, 2012
Thanks stunts513, the KFHD that I got him doesn't have a front facing camera. It's weird though, I see forums about KFHD 1st Gen and 2nd Gen but after looking on Amazon's KFHD developer forum it sounds like we have a 3rd Gen KFHD??

I was already aware of how to enable ADB but when I saw the link on developer.amazon.com I realized I probably have a 3rd Gen KFHD. The following is cut from the Amazon forum:

Enable ADB on your Kindle Fire tablet by doing the following.

Note: The following instructions do not apply to Kindle Fire (1st Generation), where ADB is enabled by default.
1.On your Kindle Fire tablet, go to Settings.
2.On a third-generation Kindle Fire tablet, tap Device.- or - On a second-generation Kindle Fire tablet, tap Security.
3.Set Enable ADB to On, and then accept the pop-up warning message. Note: As a security precaution, you should set Enable ADB to Off when you are not trying to connect to the Kindle Fire tablet to your development computer.

The Device tab in Settings is where I go to enable ADB. You don't by any chance have a link to where I can find how to Root and install Google Apps on my KFHD version do you? Or should I be searching for "Root 2013 Kindle Fire HD"?? Thanks!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Last I checked you are going to need a fastboot cable to root that kindle. Here's the rooting method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544736

If you get a fastboot adapter I recommend the blackhat ones, they are reputable, I have been seeing a few people buying fastboot cables and getting a standard microusb cable lately. If that rooting method doesn't work you can always downgrade the os and root the older version.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk