pandigital nova

Search This thread

darien87

May 10, 2011
Gilroy, CA
I personally believe any tablet with the pandigital name sucks. Mainly because everything they have made has sucked..

I bought a Novel back when Best Buy was selling them for $129. At the time I just couldn't get myself to spend $250 on a Nook. For what it was I thought it was great. Worked fine for me, but I'm not a "Power-user". I don't do much with my Nook other than read books, play games and surf the internet a bit.

For me the Novel was a great little stepping stone. Without it I might not have ever bought a Nook.

Moshe5368

Mar 21, 2011
Fulton, MS
Not even a pretender. The pandigital is a pretty good first reader but the one I bought about a year ago got returned to best buy within 2 days. I worked with the Huawei S7 and S7 slim for a while but the nook is an order of magnitude better. The IPS screen is much easier on the eyes and the devs here have developed the nook to a well deserved place in the tablet market. Do not waste your money on the pandigital if you really want a tablet.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

liquidice007

Jul 8, 2009
The Novel has a resistive screen and is suck compared to the Color. The Nova was just released two days ago; anyone actually had chance to play with it yet or are you just assuming its resistive?

Reactions: har02052

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
The Novel has a resistive screen and is suck compared to the Color. The Nova was just released two days ago; anyone actually had chance to play with it yet or are you just assuming its resistive?

I'm just assuming it's Pandigital... Which coincidentally I use as a cuss word, like "I'm going to kick you in the Pandigital" or "Get the Pandigital out of my face" or even "Pandigital you and your whole family!" or "try these Pandigitals on for size".

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

Moshe5368

Mar 21, 2011
Fulton, MS
Well, that says it all. Resistive screen with 800x600 display?? Really?
The nook screen wins hands down as the main user interface for a tablet is the screen, why would you want a lower resolution screen with no developement community? Even for the extra ram and the camera, Pandigital is cheaping out on the screen. No wonder it sells for less.
On the other hand, if you must have a device with a camera and can live with no tech support and no dev community and have 20-20 vision that you do not mind ruining, by all means....rush out and get it. Just sayin.....

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

framitz

May 1, 2011
RSM, CA
I personally believe any tablet with the pandigital name sucks. Mainly because everything they have made has sucked..

I've had a Pandigital photo frame for nearly two years. It is excellent, touch screen, remote, plays music, video, and photos. It is very feature rich and I would like a second one just like it if I can find one.

darien87

May 10, 2011
Gilroy, CA
I thought that was clearly humor, it's far too ridiculous to be taken in any serious tone...

On another note, I've had a couple of experiences with Pandigital and like everyone else is says here, Pandigital makes bottom of the barrel junk on the same level as things like the CherryPad.

I guess since I had no prior e-reader experience I had no expectations when I bought my Novel. Sure it had it's issues, but at half the price of a Nook I thought it was great for what I paid for it at the time. All I wanted was something I could read books on and surf the internet and it did those 2 things just fine.

daddyrocks

Aug 7, 2011
I Checked it out at Best Buy

The specs on this device are very tempting and the fact that it runs gingerbread means it should be easy to get skype and netflix working on it without much work. Something that is harder or not yet possible for the most of the nice honeycomb tablets. So I checked it out while I was at Best Buy. The screen looked alright and the viewing angles weren't great but they might be adequate for basic use. I found it very hard to type accurately on and when I was looking up the specs on it I found myself wanting to use my phone instead of the nova. Pinch to zoom took several tries to work. Angry birds ran and responded well enough. The buttons felt very cheap and the flimsy plastic case had so much give in one spot that it left an impression on the screen when you pressed it that lasted for several seconds. I may have missed it but there doesn't appear to be an accelerometer on this.

jsm7483

Aug 27, 2010
The only real contender with the Nook Color is the Renasis3 or Rena3 tablet. Even then there isn't a big dev community for it. But it kills the nook color in specs.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

AidenM

Mar 10, 2011
I'm just assuming it's Pandigital... Which coincidentally I use as a cuss word, like "I'm going to kick you in the Pandigital" or "Get the Pandigital out of my face" or even "Pandigital you and your whole family!" or "try these Pandigitals on for size".

Hehe.... LOL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I stopped reading after pandigital

---
    - Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk