Mint App

Search This thread

travelfeet

Feb 6, 2008
TROY
Google Pixel 6
I agree, just installed it after hearing that it had been updated for tablets...It looks the same as on my phone, doesn't even display in landscape... I haven't updated the app on my phone in months and it is version 1.17.361. The newly installed app on my view is the same. I don't remember where I read that the mint app had been updated for tablets, but I bet it was based on a press release that was premature.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

I just researched a bit more and there do seem to be examples and screen shots of new features/reviews so an updated app does exist. I just sent the developer an email explaining the issue. I'll post any response I get (beyond the automated response which I already received)

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
I agree, just installed it after hearing that it had been updated for tablets...It looks the same as on my phone, doesn't even display in landscape... I haven't updated the app on my phone in months and it is version 1.17.361. The newly installed app on my view is the same. I don't remember where I read that the mint app had been updated for tablets, but I bet it was based on a press release that was premature.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

I just researched a bit more and there do seem to be examples and screen shots of new features/reviews so an updated app does exist. I just sent the developer an email explaining the issue. I'll post any response I get (beyond the automated response which I already received)

Thank you. It is good to know it's not just me. Thanks for contacting support.

travelfeet

Feb 6, 2008
TROY
Google Pixel 6
Not surprisingly Mint support wasn't very helpful (though they did reply within 24 hours for what that's worth) Below is the full response I received:

"Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Mint.com.

For Android, there are two separate apps for phone and tablet. Our phone app supports OS Gingerbread and up and the tablet app supports OS Honeycomb and up.

Please confirm your OS version. Have a good day!

Thank you,

Anne B.
Mint.com"

*sigh*

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
What the heck? That makes no sense.

When I search for Mint in the Android Market, even on the website (not on my Flyer), only one app shows up...?

travelfeet

Feb 6, 2008
TROY
Google Pixel 6
Got another reply from Mint support...

So here is the second reply (after I advised that support reread my email in my reply to them). I copied my original email below for reference. Support is still not understanding the real issue, which has to be related to aspect ratio and or pixel density (not screen size). but regardless its a no go. I am tempted to try getting the apk and side-loading just to see how it looks.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back. I apologize for my previous response.

Unfortunately, your device specification is not compatible on the Table app. The app requires an 8.9" or larger screen. The Mint Android tablet app is compatible with Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and an XL Screen Size 8.9” or larger.

Regards,

Anne B.
Mint.com

My original email :

Your comment:
I have a recently acquired HTC View 7" tablet that has been updated to ANdroid v 3.2.1. I just installed the Mint app (which I have been using on my android phone for a long time) The android market recognizes my view as a honeycomb device, but I the version of the app that installed is the same as is running on my phone (1.17.361). Is there a newer version that should have installed with the tablet optimized layout? Any idea why I do not see the new features? I know of at least on other user with the same issue (posted on XDA flyer/view forums) Let me know if I can provide any additional info that might assist your addressing this issue. Thank you

Andrew Cooper

So here is the second reply (after I advised that support reread my email in my reply to them). I copied my original email below for reference. Support is still not understanding the real issue, which has to be related to aspect ratio and or pixel density (not screen size). but regardless its a no go. I am tempted to try getting the apk and side-loading just to see how it looks.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back. I apologize for my previous response.

Unfortunately, your device specification is not compatible on the Table app. The app requires an 8.9" or larger screen. The Mint Android tablet app is compatible with Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and an XL Screen Size 8.9” or larger.

Regards,

Anne B.
Mint.com

My original email :

Your comment:
I have a recently acquired HTC View 7" tablet that has been updated to ANdroid v 3.2.1. I just installed the Mint app (which I have been using on my android phone for a long time) The android market recognizes my view as a honeycomb device, but I the version of the app that installed is the same as is running on my phone (1.17.361). Is there a newer version that should have installed with the tablet optimized layout? Any idea why I do not see the new features? I know of at least on other user with the same issue (posted on XDA flyer/view forums) Let me know if I can provide any additional info that might assist your addressing this issue. Thank you

Andrew Cooper

Do it. We got your back. Lol

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
The 8.9" screen thing is BS.

How would one go about getting the tablet app and side-loading it?

abhaxus

Nov 18, 2010
Could be that they coded it for 1280x800 tablets...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
FYI, I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus:

ANY Android app that have a tablet-optimized version in a single app (no 2 separate versions) will not show the tablet version when installed in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus.

I tested this with most popular tablet-optimized apps, such as Mint and TripAdvisor and same problem. HOWEVER, in my friend's ASUS Transformer tablet, it work just fine.

I believe this have issue with the screen resolution, since my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus is 1024 x 600, and these apps does not recognise these resolutions and hence, just defaulted to the "phone" mode, judging by the response from Mint.

This is just a piss-poor planning on the Android OS design...

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Ah, interesting. That's lame. Is there no way to force it? Perhaps with a pixel density changer?

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
So has anyone seen a difference with the updated app? I haven't at all.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk

I just updated the Mint app and finally it shows up properly as a "Tablet" app.

I think we are lucky that Mint was created by Intuit, a large company, so they probably notice the app is not working properly in non 10.1" tablet. I think this is more of the Android fragmentation issue and how apps are developed in Android.

I just started developing Android app and I have a hard time making sure the graphics in my app is showing up properly in different resolutions and dpi.