[Q]Devil kernel + S3 I9300 stock?

Search This thread

maulw

Jun 20, 2013
Hi.

I have a few questions about the Devil Kernel - http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/orig-development/kernel-devil2-2-3-2-omni-cm-samsung-t2528624/page188 - but I just can't post it in there because of my newbie status on the forum (well, and I'm kinda newbie).

Does this kernel works with the stock 4.3 that has just been released this month? (I use a locked GT-I9300 intl from Brazil)
Also, does this kernel works on CM11? I'd say yes as I saw something like this on one of the first posts on that thread.

Regarding dual boot, does this kernel works with the stock 4.3 + CM11?

Just as I said, some newbie questions :)

Thanks.

maulw

Jun 20, 2013
So, basically I can flash my stock back, flash the new kernel and maybe even create a dual boot with CM11?

I am not sure yet if I really want the stock back, but it does have some things I miss - like multi-window. But I do find interesting this dual boot idea - always did, since I used to run both windows and linux on the same machine ;)

SnowPluralism

Jan 11, 2012
Inside Your Mind
So, basically I can flash my stock back, flash the new kernel and maybe even create a dual boot with CM11?

I am not sure yet if I really want the stock back, but it does have some things I miss - like multi-window. But I do find interesting this dual boot idea - always did, since I used to run both windows and linux on the same machine ;)

Yes its like that but please make sure to understand how this works :)
Read all steps :)

Because dual boot Android is far different from dual booting windows and Android :)

And if u like multiwindow go for omni ROM its based on kitkat and has similar feature

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: maulw

maulw

Jun 20, 2013

Because dual boot Android is far different from dual booting windows and Android :)

And if u like multiwindow go for omni ROM its based on kitkat and has similar feature

I've read the steps, I'm comfortable with proceeding if this is the direction I decide to go to. I did flash other phones before and have some knowledge about it, so my questions now are
- If something goes wrong, I can flash another rom (sotck or custom)?
- When you say that dual boot is dfferent, how different is that? I can assume there is no "grub" menu to chose system, how is it done?

Thanks!

coolhof

Search the devil2 treat for the DEVIL3 kernel.
And flash also the recovery if you want dualboot.
I also have a stock 4.3 and cm11 dualboot.
Read a lot and have fun with dualboot setup.

Send From A Devil3 - f2fs - Dualboot Powered Machine

maulw

Jun 20, 2013
Search the devil2 treat for the DEVIL3 kernel.
And flash also the recovery if you want dualboot.
I also have a stock 4.3 and cm11 dualboot.
Read a lot and have fun with dualboot setup.

Hi - I have downloaded the files from your signature - Devil3.4_0.1.4-i9300-DUAL...something and the recovery one and the DevilTools-1.1.2.
Just not sure about reintalling the stock, I'm enjoying CM11. May give Omni rom a shot on dual boot :)
So, now the question is, can I install the kernel, recovery and tools even if i'm not going to use dual boot? As per the original thread, it seems there are lots of advantages. Do you guys recommend it?

Thanks again!

coolhof

Yes, you can use it also without dualboot.
If you are a noob in this stuff I recommend NOT to format to f2fs.
Leave you're partitions to ex4.
To delete a second rom partition you only have to remove the .secondrom from system/data/media.
(Always flash the kernel after installing a new rom)

maulw

Jun 20, 2013
Thank you all for your answers so far.

A new question is - does this kernel also works with s4? Both stock and / or custom ROM (CM or Omni)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it works with 4.3 and cm11.
    Just read the treat carefully.