[Q] NB4 Not sticking, Help.

Search This thread

ixJay

Oct 19, 2011
I am currently on MK2. I am trying to put NB4 on my S4 but for whatever reason, it is not sticking.

I followed this guide..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774
Only thing i was unable to do was get into download mode again, while being in download mode. So i just restarted my computer, then went into download mode by holding down the power button. (have a download mode option)
Flashed the modem via Odin multiple times, just not working.

I am on this ROM..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2724854

Any suggestions? Appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

ixJay

Oct 19, 2011
You must do it twice......

Make sure you untic Auto Reboot in Odin.....

Flash the moden in the phone slot.....

Flash....

Immediatly go back into Download mode....

Flash again.....

it should stick then

I've done this, guess I will give it another go..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

ixJay

Oct 19, 2011
I see what you did there ;)

Try flashing while the phone is on THEN boot into DO mode and do it again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Got to try this when I get home.
For some reason when I try to put my phone in download mode by holding power+volume down+home button.. The little android guy pops up with the volume options, then the phone just turns off automatically.. For whatever reason, my phone does not let me go into download mode like that. So I have to use flashify or my power button option. Weird.

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
For some reason when I try to put my phone in download mode by holding power+volume down+home button.. The little android guy pops up with the volume options, then the phone just turns off automatically.. For whatever reason, my phone does not let me go into download mode like that. So I have to use flashify or my power button option. Weird.

Go to my Insane Kit Kat thread, go to the mod section. Download the Extended Power Menu. It has the option for Download Mode....

Haters Make Me Famous
Deviant Team Member

Reactions: Kriptik210

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River

You don't have to hold the menu button. Just power and volume down. If you still have problems, try what Sickness recommended

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fdavila17

Feb 28, 2011
Yeah I have ghe same exact issue... I evem flashed the Modem.rar in the Insane Kit Kat ror afger flashi g the sickness rom and still shows mk2

fdavila17

Feb 28, 2011
Just follow my instructions. You may have to do it several times

Haters Make Me Famous
Deviant Team Member

I have bro trust me like 20 times and still sticking to MK4... ive used different versions of odin too... I still get lte but my signal is low

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
Not sure if you guys resolved the issue yet. But you need to extract the .far file and flash the modem.bin. uncheck auto-reboot and put phone in download mode. Flash it once and pull the battery. Go into download again and reflash. Reboot and check baseband. You should now be on nb4.

Reactions: ixJay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, I have been having this issue too

You must do it twice......

Make sure you untic Auto Reboot in Odin.....

Flash the moden in the phone slot.....

Flash....

Immediatly go back into Download mode....

Flash again.....

it should stick then

Go to my Insane Kit Kat thread, go to the mod section. Download the Extended Power Menu. It has the option for Download Mode....

Haters Make Me Famous
    Deviant Team Member
    Not sure if you guys resolved the issue yet. But you need to extract the .far file and flash the modem.bin. uncheck auto-reboot and put phone in download mode. Flash it once and pull the battery. Go into download again and reflash. Reboot and check baseband. You should now be on nb4.