Root without root issue.

Search This thread

stigslim

Hi peeps, looked at rooting my nice new G3 and went in for the kill with towel root [emoji16] only to find out didn't support my version. Decided to go with purpledrake (not got there yet) found a couple of apps not working because of root which root checker says I don't have. My question is do I need to root now regardless even if only to unroot? To get things back to normal?

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Hi peeps, looked at rooting my nice new G3 and went in for the kill with towel root [emoji16] only to find out didn't support my version. Decided to go with purpledrake (not got there yet) found a couple of apps not working because of root which root checker says I don't have. My question is do I need to root now regardless even if only to unroot? To get things back to normal?

After rooting, did you install SuperSU?

Also, there's StumpRoot as a 3rd option.

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
That's just it. Towel root told me my phone wasn't supported and root checker says I don't have root, yet the app in question says I do so super user seems a bit pointless.

SuperSU is needed after you root to give apps root access. Try to install it, if it works, you're rooted and you can go along with your rooted apps.

Otherwise, try StumpRoot (Towel and Purple's didn't support my version either), install SuperSU and enjoy your root apps!

stigslim

Yeah I think your right. The only issue left is the app I want to use fails when rooted and the root cloak module/app doesn't currently support it [emoji20]

Edit:
Well i tried stump root and got nowhere [emoji20] looking like purple is my only way forward. And if i want to use that particular app then root, unroot is the only way forward. [emoji45]

Last edited: