1700mAh Battery Replacement from Ebay...

Search This thread

tle034

Jul 11, 2010
I received my battery yesterday but did not know cause I was so out of it from surgery. I just saw it on the table today lol. I will use it in my phone for the next couple days to get some cycles on it then i will stick it on my charger and get some readings from it. I will post back with my findings as soon as I can.

Okay cool... we are waiting for your report... thanks in advance

Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier using XDA Premium App

silentsnow31802

Nov 21, 2008
Napa, Ca
Well so far the first two charges are disappointing. I've gotten about 6 hours of heavy use from it when I was getting over 24 hours on the stock battery. However I will keep using it over the next week or so and see if life improves after its been "broken in".

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

MR_BEANZ

May 18, 2011
BROOKLYN
Greetings all!!! There is an extended batter on ebay, 3200mAh MUGEN EXTENDED BATTERY FOR TMOBILE MYTOUCH 4G. Comes with custom back cover. Kind of pricey, but I'm thinking about it. Maybe you guys can help me investigate!!! Put it in the search, you guys will see it. Would love some feed back.

MR.BEANZ
:D

silentsnow31802

Nov 21, 2008
Napa, Ca
A little update...

Battery is doing better. It seems to sustain very well when the phone is on standby. That is with the screen off and the phone just sitting doing nothing. As soon as I use it though it seems to drop pretty fast. I also noticed it takes longer to charge than my stock battery which is a good sign. I am also getting a little more time from it than I had been before. I have faith that it will turn out well especially for the money. I still plan on running some capacity tests when I feel the battery is performing as it should, and when im not so doped up on pain meds lol.

tle034

Jul 11, 2010
Thanks man... thank you for your time to test out the battery hopefully it turns out good will place my order.... probably next week

Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier using XDA Premium App

silentsnow31802

Nov 21, 2008
Napa, Ca
Some screen shots to show its current performance. You can tell when the screen is off its very stable but as soon as the screen goes on it drops like a ton of bricks.

4c67b492-34a8-1dc8.jpg

4c67b492-34c1-366b.jpg

4c67b492-34ce-b1c2.jpg

Skv012a

Jun 19, 2008
MD
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Well what did you expect from a cheap, Chinese battery? My own saying is this- when it comes to things you will use A LOT, you really get what you pay for and memory and batteries are NOT something to skimp out on. Get a cheap case, cheap screenguard or none of these, but never get a cheap battery or sometimes memory cards.

silentsnow31802

Nov 21, 2008
Napa, Ca
I personally didn't expect much. I am doing this research for my fellow board members. Like you said. You get what you pay for.

silentsnow31802

Nov 21, 2008
Napa, Ca
4c67b492-0016-30fb.jpg
Another update. After using the battery for a while I decided it was time to test its capacity. I discharged it to its lowest safe voltage so I can get a reading of the maximum capacity it would take. I then popped it into charge mode and got these results...

Charged at 500mah
Took 163m 9s to charge
Starting voltage was 3.00
Charged voltage is 4.10
Took a total of 979mah worth of power

I believe the stock battery is 1500mah and this battery only took 979mah from a lower voltage than the phone will get it to before it shuts off. These are very low numbers. My suggestion is if your going to get this battery use it as an emergency backup and not an original. It does not perform as well as the stock one but for the price I paid to have it shipped from Hong Kong it would make a decent in case of emergency power source.

Sent from Royal Glacier 2.1 powered HTC MyTouch4G using XDA App.

Last edited:
Reactions: f_v_man

synaesthetic

Aug 14, 2010
Oakland, CA
Buy the mugenpower 1650mAh battery, it's awesome.

I'd never buy those janky ebay batteries. I don't want my Glacier (and potentially my hand) going up in flames.

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
I don't know how you guys are getting that kind of battery life. Please provide more details? What defines "heavy use"? Is sync on during the day? Screen brightness?

For me, my screen is on auto, sync is on for google and facebook, facebook updates every hour automatically, and I get maybe eight to ten hours while browsing facebook, xda, and various games. It should be noted that I am getting these numbers at work, where my reception is not so great, so my phone constantly trying to find/hold a signal is very likely a leading culprit for battery drainage.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
stock 1400 battery i got 4-6 hours tops

1700 mah red battery i could squeeze around 8-12 hrs

i just got a 3600 mah battery on ebay and easily hit 24 hrs+ now that it's calibrated, it might be a cheap alternative(only cost around 12$ after shipping) and add extra bulk to the phone due to the oversized battery plus new back cover but it beats the hell out of having to charge it 2-3 times a day. Only thing i dont like is not being able to use my trident aegis case with 3600 mah.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Akulamenuri

Jan 17, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I change smartphones too much to justify the purchase of a device specific battery so I have gone the external battery route instead and I am very satisfied. I got the Duracell Instant Charger awhile back and I really enjoy it. Its small enough to fit in your pocket and charges your device using your existing USB cable. It is a 1150mah capacity battery so combined with the stock 1400 mah battery that should be plenty of juice to last you an entire day with relatively high usage. It has an output of 5V at 0.6A which is slightly above the standard USB 2.0 charging specification of 0.5. I'm pretty sure any External USB charger will do the trick, I just picked this one because it is small enough to fit in my pocket and charge my device without much bulge (probably no bulge at all if you have wider pockets). Duracell is also a pretty reputable brand when it comes to batteries so it seem like a safe route to go with them. Here is how it looks and how it compares to the size of the iPod Touch.

IMG_20110728_042209.jpg

IMG_20110728_042339.jpg

khathaivu

Aug 11, 2011
Quy Nhon
stock 1400 battery i got 4-6 hours tops

1700 mah red battery i could squeeze around 8-12 hrs

i just got a 3600 mah battery on ebay and easily hit 24 hrs+ now that it's calibrated, it might be a cheap alternative(only cost around 12$ after shipping) and add extra bulk to the phone due to the oversized battery plus new back cover but it beats the hell out of having to charge it 2-3 times a day. Only thing i dont like is not being able to use my trident aegis case with 3600 mah.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

yeah, but they only have black color back cover so i dont think it would look good with my white phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't do it. Usually those off brand batteries are complete junk. Even if its cheap, its a waste of money.
    Well first of all I need detail regarding the battery itself as I want to check the company out. Which would determine the build quality and durability in long run. Far as the test goes stock 1400mAh vs TB 1700mAh I would like for you to first fully discharge it and recharge it so its calibrated. Then have blacklight 100% bright and CPU running highest that you can handle. Have wifi, life wallpaper, widgets on. Then pick a HD video and let it play till your battery runs out to 1% and shuts down. Make sure you record the data along with time for result. When you compare the duration of both B(1700mAh)-A(1400mAh) you will get the time elapsed. I know thats alot to ask but I really do want to put this test and compare it with MugenPower/Seidio Innocell, thanks.
    Hey, I realize this is a lot to ask, but I really need some help fixing some things around my house. I have a hole in the drywall in my master bathroom. Could you come to my house in Atlanta, GA and patch it up for me? I'm out of drywall patches, but fortunately, there's a Home Depot that you'll pass on your way here. Also, there is a stain in the carpet in my living room. I've tried and tried for hours to remove it, using everything from the cheap cleaner that I got at the local grocery store all the way up to using pure ammonia, which made me really sick. Do you think you could come over and clean it for me? If not, maybe you could stop in Dalton (it's local, only about 100 miles north of my house) and pick me up some new carpet. Also, by the time you get here, I'll probably be pretty hungry. Think you could stop and pick up some dinner? I like Mexican food. Three beef soft tacos and a plate of cheese nachos would be great! I know that's a lot to ask, but I really do want all this stuff, thanks.
    These are the ones i got and i couldnt be happier with them....I know it says for thunderbolt but its the same battery for the mt4g...i have been able to get 2 days with out any problems at stock clock speed and about 27 hours at 1.5ghz.
    http://www.htcexpress.com/htc-batte...rydock-usb-charger-pd42100-0609728894818.html
    Hey, I realize this is a lot to ask, but I really need some help fixing some things around my house. I have a hole in the drywall in my master bathroom. Could you come to my house in Atlanta, GA and patch it up for me? I'm out of drywall patches, but fortunately, there's a Home Depot that you'll pass on your way here. Also, there is a stain in the carpet in my living room. I've tried and tried for hours to remove it, using everything from the cheap cleaner that I got at the local grocery store all the way up to using pure ammonia, which made me really sick. Do you think you could come over and clean it for me? If not, maybe you could stop in Dalton (it's local, only about 100 miles north of my house) and pick me up some new carpet. Also, by the time you get here, I'll probably be pretty hungry. Think you could stop and pick up some dinner? I like Mexican food. Three beef soft tacos and a plate of cheese nachos would be great! I know that's a lot to ask, but I really do want all this stuff, thanks.

This made my day lol...!!!
    4c67b492-0016-30fb.jpg
    Another update. After using the battery for a while I decided it was time to test its capacity. I discharged it to its lowest safe voltage so I can get a reading of the maximum capacity it would take. I then popped it into charge mode and got these results...

Charged at 500mah
    Took 163m 9s to charge
    Starting voltage was 3.00
    Charged voltage is 4.10
    Took a total of 979mah worth of power

I believe the stock battery is 1500mah and this battery only took 979mah from a lower voltage than the phone will get it to before it shuts off. These are very low numbers. My suggestion is if your going to get this battery use it as an emergency backup and not an original. It does not perform as well as the stock one but for the price I paid to have it shipped from Hong Kong it would make a decent in case of emergency power source.

Sent from Royal Glacier 2.1 powered HTC MyTouch4G using XDA App.