[REF]Recover / Revive your dead / bricked HTC ELF or ELFIN[ONLINE]

Search This thread

CyZeeK

Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
If you want to revive a dead/bricked device you most follow this guide:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS FAQ FIRST:

- Q: My device was cid unlocked successfully, but when i tried to flash a new rom (NON SHIPPED ROM), my device has stucked at:
[1] Bootloader screen with a RUU sign at the right top of the srcreen
[2] Smart Mobility or Operator logo screen.

- A: [1]
Most of these cases the device shows the RUU text at the right top corner of the screen and you have a chance. Press Reset Button+Camera Button realise Reset button but keep holding camera button, once u get the bootloader window without the RUU text press Reset button again, voilá.
[2]
First AVOID to flash any kind of shipped rom, at least you have your original rom (CHECK HERE), put your device in bootloader mode then try to reflash with any DUMPED or COOKED ROM, if does not work may be you device was not unlocked, did you know DEVICE ID and CID ID from your device?, THE ONLY WAY IS FIND YOUR ORIGINAL ROM. So read the guide.

- Q: Is it the same being stuck at the Bootloader screen (Tricolor) and "Smart Mobility" screen?

- A: These are different situations. Keep reading.

- Q:...but my Elf / Elfin it's half dead it turns on and keeps restarting at the "Smart Mobility" or "Operator Logo" screen.
- A: Are you kidding? Try a Hard Reset, if not, 95% sure that it's dead so READ THE GUIDE.

- Q:My device it's stuck @ the bootloader screen.
- A: First AVOID to flash your device again try this first: In most of these cases the device shows the RUU text at the right top corner of the screen and you have a chance. Press Reset Button+Camera Button realise Reset button but keep holding camera button, once u get the bootloader window without the RUU text press Reset button again, voilá. Or Just run MTTY and it's commands till the device restart. Read step (7) from this guide to see how.

- Q: My device won't boot correctly but it's not stuck at Bootloader or Smart Mobility screens.
- A:
1st try a Soft Reset, if not, try removing your SD card then boot, if not, try a Hard Reset, if not, keep reading.

- Q: I don't know how to perform a HARD RESET.
- A: Read this Wiki entry:
Elf_Resets

- Q: I been trying USPL but my device stuck at the black screen or penguin screen. WHAT TO DO???
- A: DON'T try to flash a rom at this situation, sometimes you need perform USPL process 3 times to get your device CID UNLOCKED. Just do a soft reset, your device most boot ok, retry USPL process till your device boot by it self. And this is very important, before you test any rom verify that your device it's already CID UNLOCKED, read arround STEP 7 to know how.

- Q:USPL works from bootloder mode?
- A:No, you can't make a CID unlock from Bootloader mode.

- Q:I found a dumped rom that match my Device, how can i revive it with this one?
- A:You can't because is not a certified ROM, and your device has to be CID UNLOCKED first, but that is the reason because your are here, you can't do a USPL process from bootloader mode.

- Q: I been trying a sort of original ROMs but all of them stops at 3% and i get: ERROR [294] :
INVALID VENDER ID or ERROR [244] : INVALID MODEL ID
- A: That is beacause those roms don't match your original DEVICE or CID ID. Read the complete guide.

- Q: The ROMUpdateUtility Shows ERROR [270] : IMAGE IS CORRUPTED
- A: You are trying to flash a non certified rom (dumped rom) into a non cid unlocked device YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!. Read the guide.

- Q: I did a dump (ROM BACKUP) from my device, could this revive my device?
- A: YES, AND ONLY YES, if your device stay cid unlocked (
g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 00 ). If not... READ THE GUIDE.

- Q:My Device and CID id change on every flash action?
- A:No it's always the same, it could not change.

- Q:Is it correct open a new thread for every dead device in this planet?
- A:NOT!, it's not correct!!!, doubts or questions post in this thread.

>>>> Do you have a Q/A for this faq PM me or post it here to add your contribution in this FAQ. <<<<<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I)
You can't do nothing if you don't know your device's DEVICE ID and CID ID

Method A:New way to find your Device ID / CID / IMEI / Serial etc. (no more MTTY/SnoopyPro!!) (thx to dsixda) once you get your CID ID and DEVICE ID go STEP 7.
NOTE: THIS METHOD WORKS ONLY IF Activesync it's active

Method B: Step By Step Guide to get your MODEL ID and CID ID from a dead or alive device:
NOTE: THIS METHOD WORKS WITHOUT ActiveSync

1.- My Operating System is:

a) Windows XP--------FOLLOW STEP 3

b) Windows Vista ---- FOLLOW STEP 2

2.- Read and Install driver from here ---- USBAS ----MORE DETAILS---- Could be better if u restart Windows at this point ----Then go STEP 4

3.- Disable “USB CONNECTIONS” from Mobile Device Center

a) Open Microsoft Activesync
b) File
c) Connection Setting
d) Disable “ Allow USB Connections”
e) OK
f) FOLLOW STEP 5

29364398yb4.png

4.- Open Windows Mobile Device Center “WMDC”

a) Now navigate into the WMDC (Start>All Programs>Windows Mobile Device Center) and click on the "connection settings" menu icon

1.jpg

b) In the connection settings menu untick "allow USB connections" then press OK.

2.jpg

5.- Turn on your DEVICE in BOOTLOADER MODE then connect your USB cable, USB sign most apper at the left bottom of your screen device.

a) if dont know how to get your device in Bootloader mode visit: Elf_Resets

2kcf486c647d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mischa_martin

CyZeeK

Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
g) Select by right click over any " WINDOWS MOBILE-BASED DEVICE " and select INSTALL AND RESTART

snoopy5uq3.jpg

h) Close " TOGGLE USB DEVICES " Window, and SnoopyPro window.

g) Open one more time SnoopyPro and left the window Open --- follow Step 7

7.- Download and run MTTY.EXE as show in this THREAD

----Recover HTC Touch from tricolors RUU boot-loader (mtty)

a) After you do a success connection to your device run in to your MTTY window the following commands:

NOTE: Don't be lazy, Type the commands if not it will not work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

password BsaD5SeoA

ruurun 0

getdevinfo

ResetDevice

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: At this point you can check if your device its a CID UNLOCKED Device:

This is the MTTY window:

Cmd>password BsaD5SeoA
Pass.
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
SDInit+++
SDCmd8 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
SDInit - SD ver1.0
SDCmd1 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
SDInit: ACMD41 wait for power up bit timeout
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
SDInit+++
SDInit - SD ver2.00
SDCmd55 Card status error in response. MMC_STAT = 4000
g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = FF
HTCEType (0x1)(Operation mode flag): cOpModeFlag=(0x0).
Type (0x2)(Back color flag): cBackColorShowFlag=(0x1).
Type (0x5)(Background color value): g_wBColor=(0xC618) (0xC0C0C0).
HTCST
Cmd>ruurun 0
Cmd>ResetDevice
Search at your own window the follow line:

g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel

Ok, you got it?? Well...

= FF Means that you have a CID LOCKED Device, you most find your original ROM to revive it. So keep reading step B)

= 00 Means that your device stay CID Unlocked yet, so you can try with almost any kind of rom, i suggest that you try DUMPED or COOKED roms first to revice your device.

If u did:

METHOD A: go to II (Roman number 2)

METHOD B: keep reading

b) Look at your Snoopypro window and if everything comes fine, you will get a LOG window like this:

snoopy6ew4.jpg

c) Save that LOG, and then open it with any HEX EDITOR/VIEWER like Tiny Hexer that is free, and serach your DEVICE ID and CID ID that will shows like this window:

hex01xs7.jpg

In this particular case:

DEVICE ID: ELF010052
CID ID: HTC__001

NOTE: All the results most have 8 (eigth NO MORE, NO LESS) characters if not try again.

II) Once you have your DEVICE and CID ID, you most find a ROM that match both elements, so you can take a look here to find your ROM :
Elf/Elfin Original Roms Model Id & Cid Id List

III)Flash your Device with your Original ROM, and this is your HAPPY ENDING.

Bad Ending...

IV) If you don't find your device, sorry im appologize but at this moment your ROM is not availabe, so keep it googling.

V) Contact your nearest HTC center or your service provider tech center and ask for your warranty (if you have one).

VI) Contact Olipro asking for help, but he has a rate.

VII) Info about Dumped ROMS:

NOTES:
1st: DUMPED ROMS NEEDS CID UNLOCK @ FLASH
2nd: DUMPED ROMS CAN'T REVIVE DEAD DEVICES
___

Last edited:
Reactions: mischa_martin

CyZeeK

Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9

nadroba

Mar 11, 2006
I know at this moment that I altered this log when i flashed my elfin. I there another way to get de cid??? I know de device id.

vippie

Nov 14, 2006
Very usefull information CyZeeK :D I've added some links to your threads in the wiki in the throubleshooting section!

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
Will this procedure hard reset the phone and delete all data? My Touch is fully working and I only want to find out version numbers without changing anything.

Last edited:

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
Very strange... I did everything as told here. I disabled USB connections, got the tricolor screen, used snoopypro and mtty as described.

However, I get no response from mtty when I write password BsaD5SeoA and press enter. All I get is an empty line. My IPL is 2.20.0002, my SPL is 2.20.0000

What do you think is wrong? Why doesn't mtty work for me?

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
OK I solved it, you have to write the password by hand, copy and paste doesn't work. :)

Trylon

Feb 27, 2008
After I retrieved my info, I was stuck in the tricolor bootloader screen.
Don't forget to repeat the commands you give in the mtty program, but type "ruurun 0" instead of "ruurun 1" to get back to normal operation.

My info, for anyone interested:
---
Dutch Unbranded Touch, v1.11.404.1B NLD

ID: ELF01000
CID: HTC__E11
---

CyZeeK

Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
After I retrieved my info, I was stuck in the tricolor bootloader screen.
Don't forget to repeat the commands you give in the mtty program, but type "ruurun 0" instead of "ruurun 1" to get back to normal operation.

My info, for anyone interested:
---
Dutch Unbranded Touch, v1.11.404.1B NLD

ID: ELF01000
CID: HTC__E11
---

Fixed, you can get the info if you put:

"ruurun 1" ... then after device restarts @ bootloader mode (RUU) -> mtty -> "ruurun 0"

or straight to "ruruun 0" command once.

BTW, do you have your Original ROM file for share?

Thanx.

Saisan

Apr 18, 2008
g) Select by right click over any " WINDOWS MOBILE-BASED DEVICE " and select INSTALL AND RESTART

snoopy5uq3.jpg

a) After you do a success connection to your device run in to your MTTY window the following commands:

password BsaD5SeoA

ruurun 0

getdevinfo

ResetDevice

b) Look at your Snoopypro window and if everything comes fine, you will get a LOG window like this:

snoopy6ew4.jpg

c) Save that LOG, and then open it with any HEX EDITOR/VIEWER like Tiny Hexer that is free, and serach your DEVICE ID and CID ID that will shows like this window:

hex01xs7.jpg

In this particular case:

CID ID: HTC_001

CLICK HERE, AND, PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS IN THIS THREAD. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

___

Hi CyZeeK

I had downloaded SnoopyPro-0.22 and mtty software

All first step done very well. but when I change the Port to USB on dialog box open port setting and choose RTS/CTS then it was showing me message"USB port is not open."

due to this I am unable to do Step#7. and run the command.
as a result unable to get CID and model ID.

please help me.

Cheer's
Sandi

wickednomad

Apr 7, 2008
Belo Horizonte
Usb Port Cannot Open

I´m having the same problem as "Saisan" with the Mtty application. It says "USB Port CAN NOT OPEN".

Any ideas?

Brs,

Gustavo Carvalho

Ps. Running Windows Vista 64. Did the driver update procedure and still doesn´t work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STEP 6

6.- Download SnoopyPro (USB PORT SNIFFER) Or any other googled USB PORT SNIFFER

a) Unzip to any folder
    b) run SnoopyPro.exe
    c) Press "Toggle USB Devices button.

snoopy1dz3.jpg

d) File-Unpack Drivers

snoopy2ew7.jpg

e) File-Install Service

snoopy3pk9.jpg

f) Select by right click over any " POCKETPC USB SYNC " and select INSTALL AND RESTART

snoopy4ht8.jpg
    If you want to revive a dead/bricked device you most follow this guide:

READ THIS FAQ FIRST:

- Q: My device was cid unlocked successfully, but when i tried to flash a new rom (NON SHIPPED ROM), my device has stucked at:
    [1] Bootloader screen with a RUU sign at the right top of the srcreen
    [2] Smart Mobility or Operator logo screen.

- A: [1]
    Most of these cases the device shows the RUU text at the right top corner of the screen and you have a chance. Press Reset Button+Camera Button realise Reset button but keep holding camera button, once u get the bootloader window without the RUU text press Reset button again, voilá.
    [2]
    First AVOID to flash any kind of shipped rom, at least you have your original rom (CHECK HERE), put your device in bootloader mode then try to reflash with any DUMPED or COOKED ROM, if does not work may be you device was not unlocked, did you know DEVICE ID and CID ID from your device?, THE ONLY WAY IS FIND YOUR ORIGINAL ROM. So read the guide.

- Q: Is it the same being stuck at the Bootloader screen (Tricolor) and "Smart Mobility" screen?

- A: These are different situations. Keep reading.

- Q:...but my Elf / Elfin it's half dead it turns on and keeps restarting at the "Smart Mobility" or "Operator Logo" screen.
    - A: Are you kidding? Try a Hard Reset, if not, 95% sure that it's dead so READ THE GUIDE.

- Q:My device it's stuck @ the bootloader screen.
    - A: First AVOID to flash your device again try this first: In most of these cases the device shows the RUU text at the right top corner of the screen and you have a chance. Press Reset Button+Camera Button realise Reset button but keep holding camera button, once u get the bootloader window without the RUU text press Reset button again, voilá. Or Just run MTTY and it's commands till the device restart. Read step (7) from this guide to see how.

- Q: My device won't boot correctly but it's not stuck at Bootloader or Smart Mobility screens.
    - A:
    1st try a Soft Reset, if not, try removing your SD card then boot, if not, try a Hard Reset, if not, keep reading.

- Q: I don't know how to perform a HARD RESET.
    - A: Read this Wiki entry:
    Elf_Resets

- Q: I been trying USPL but my device stuck at the black screen or penguin screen. WHAT TO DO???
    - A: DON'T try to flash a rom at this situation, sometimes you need perform USPL process 3 times to get your device CID UNLOCKED. Just do a soft reset, your device most boot ok, retry USPL process till your device boot by it self. And this is very important, before you test any rom verify that your device it's already CID UNLOCKED, read arround STEP 7 to know how.

- Q:USPL works from bootloder mode?
    - A:No, you can't make a CID unlock from Bootloader mode.

- Q:I found a dumped rom that match my Device, how can i revive it with this one?
    - A:You can't because is not a certified ROM, and your device has to be CID UNLOCKED first, but that is the reason because your are here, you can't do a USPL process from bootloader mode.

- Q: I been trying a sort of original ROMs but all of them stops at 3% and i get: ERROR [294] :
    INVALID VENDER ID or ERROR [244] : INVALID MODEL ID
    - A: That is beacause those roms don't match your original DEVICE or CID ID. Read the complete guide.

- Q: The ROMUpdateUtility Shows ERROR [270] : IMAGE IS CORRUPTED
    - A: You are trying to flash a non certified rom (dumped rom) into a non cid unlocked device YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!. Read the guide.

- Q: I did a dump (ROM BACKUP) from my device, could this revive my device?
    - A: YES, AND ONLY YES, if your device stay cid unlocked (
    g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 00 ). If not... READ THE GUIDE.

- Q:My Device and CID id change on every flash action?
    - A:No it's always the same, it could not change.

- Q:Is it correct open a new thread for every dead device in this planet?
    - A:NOT!, it's not correct!!!, doubts or questions post in this thread.

>>>> Do you have a Q/A for this faq PM me or post it here to add your contribution in this FAQ. <<<<<

I)
    You can't do nothing if you don't know your device's DEVICE ID and CID ID

Method A:New way to find your Device ID / CID / IMEI / Serial etc. (no more MTTY/SnoopyPro!!) (thx to dsixda) once you get your CID ID and DEVICE ID go STEP 7.
    NOTE: THIS METHOD WORKS ONLY IF Activesync it's active

Method B: Step By Step Guide to get your MODEL ID and CID ID from a dead or alive device:
    NOTE: THIS METHOD WORKS WITHOUT ActiveSync

1.- My Operating System is:

a) Windows XP--------FOLLOW STEP 3

b) Windows Vista ---- FOLLOW STEP 2

2.- Read and Install driver from here ---- USBAS ----MORE DETAILS---- Could be better if u restart Windows at this point ----Then go STEP 4

3.- Disable “USB CONNECTIONS” from Mobile Device Center

a) Open Microsoft Activesync
    b) File
    c) Connection Setting
    d) Disable “ Allow USB Connections”
    e) OK
    f) FOLLOW STEP 5

29364398yb4.png

4.- Open Windows Mobile Device Center “WMDC”

a) Now navigate into the WMDC (Start>All Programs>Windows Mobile Device Center) and click on the "connection settings" menu icon

1.jpg

b) In the connection settings menu untick "allow USB connections" then press OK.

2.jpg

5.- Turn on your DEVICE in BOOTLOADER MODE then connect your USB cable, USB sign most apper at the left bottom of your screen device.

a) if dont know how to get your device in Bootloader mode visit: Elf_Resets

2kcf486c647d.jpg

snoopy5uq3.jpg

NOTE: Don't be lazy, Type the commands if not it will not work.

password BsaD5SeoA

ruurun 0

getdevinfo

ResetDevice

NOTE: At this point you can check if your device its a CID UNLOCKED Device:

This is the MTTY window:

Cmd>password BsaD5SeoA
    Pass.
    + SD Controller init
    - SD Controller init
    +StorageInit
    SDInit+++
    SDInit - SD ver1.0
    + SD Controller init
    - SD Controller init
    +StorageInit
    SDInit+++
    SDInit - SD ver2.00
    SDCmd55 Card status error in response. MMC_STAT = 4000
    g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = FF
    HTCEType (0x1)(Operation mode flag): cOpModeFlag=(0x0).
    Type (0x2)(Back color flag): cBackColorShowFlag=(0x1).
    Type (0x5)(Background color value): g_wBColor=(0xC618) (0xC0C0C0).
    HTCST
    Cmd>ruurun 0
    Cmd>ResetDevice
    Search at your own window the follow line:

g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel

Ok, you got it?? Well...

= FF Means that you have a CID LOCKED Device, you most find your original ROM to revive it. So keep reading step B)

= 00 Means that your device stay CID Unlocked yet, so you can try with almost any kind of rom, i suggest that you try DUMPED or COOKED roms first to revice your device.

If u did:

METHOD A: go to II (Roman number 2)

METHOD B: keep reading

snoopy6ew4.jpg

hex01xs7.jpg

In this particular case:

CID ID: HTC__001

NOTE: All the results most have 8 (eigth NO MORE, NO LESS) characters if not try again.

II) Once you have your DEVICE and CID ID, you most find a ROM that match both elements, so you can take a look here to find your ROM :
    Elf/Elfin Original Roms Model Id & Cid Id List

III)Flash your Device with your Original ROM, and this is your HAPPY ENDING.

Bad Ending...

IV) If you don't find your device, sorry im appologize but at this moment your ROM is not availabe, so keep it googling.

V) Contact your nearest HTC center or your service provider tech center and ask for your warranty (if you have one).

VI) Contact Olipro asking for help, but he has a rate.

VII) Info about Dumped ROMS:

NOTES:
    1st: DUMPED ROMS NEEDS CID UNLOCK @ FLASH
    2nd: DUMPED ROMS CAN'T REVIVE DEAD DEVICES
    ___