|ROM |Oct 29 | Duttys Topaz WM6.5 LEO R8 RTM | OS 5.2.23016 |HTC SENSE||ONLINE||

Search This thread

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Duttys Topaz WM6.5 Leo R8 RTM WWE
Based Rom 2.16 ( CE OS Build 5.2.23016.5.3.0 )

Applications :

Code:
[SIZE=3]>Updated New Leo Rom[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]>Updated All HTC Aplications including New Manila 2.5 which is now called HTC Sense in Today Settings[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]Third Part Applications[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]File Explorer Extension[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Regedit[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Task Manager 3.1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B]Widgets included[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Live Search[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Market Place[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Search Widget[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Microsoft Market Place[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Microsoft Money][/SIZE]

ROM INFO :

* CE OS 5.2.23016 & Build 23016.5.3.0
* Base Rom 2.16 Dutty
* PagePool set to 18 MB
* Updated 99 % applications from HTC.
* Updated icons throughout the Rom.
* Use .NET Compact Framework 3.5
* Removed ULDR sector
* Removed Wallpaper, Ringtones,… and other files not needed
* Disable Sercurity , patched cert HTC
* Most Applications are supported by landscape.
* Added support MSVC Version for alternate Users
* And more things…..

Screenshot :

htcsense01.png
twitter01f.png
dataservices01.png
twitter01.png

Thanks part :

Special thanks to :
Tom Codon for all support
Bepe for his Kitchen and friendship
Da_g good friend
Alltheway long friendship
Fallen Spartan good friendship
MattRob for good friendship
Clownshoes for good friendship
Digital Outcast for good friendship
Rob for good friendship
Rzanalogy for good friendship
P1Tater for Good friendship
Olinex for Hard-SPL
Ervius for his kitchen

And all friends on XDA and supporter of my ROM , sorry I can’t list every name here !

DONATIONS :
If u understand my hard work, want help me.Any donation amount is greatly appreciated...!

Code:
[FONT=Arial]This Rom Exclusive by HTCPedia , Please don't make any mirror of link.[/FONT]

http://htcpedia.com/soft

[/CODE]

Last edited:

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Dutty's Topaz WM6.5 Leo R8 RTM Change Log [With Social Networking support]

PLEASE NOTE HARDSPL 1.83 IS REQUIRED FOR LEO ROM R4 AND UPWARDS CAN BE FOUND HERE:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=520312

Dutty's Topaz WM6.5 Leo R8 RTM Change log

Code:
 [FONT=Calibri]
[LIST]
[*]
[LIST]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Updated Leo Rom to shipped version 1.43[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Updated HTC SENSE 2.5 associated packages.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Updated Opera version[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Updated Drivers and some minor fixes and adjustments.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Fixed Footprints which I didn't realise not working before.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Fixed Open Online Album Thumbnails not showing linking to Face book contacts.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Removed Car kit in System as it not working fully yet.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Both Leo and Topaz canvas version will be available and not MSVC.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[/LIST]
[FONT=Calibri][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]OBSERVATION:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT]

[LIST]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Leo Rom is now shipped so do not expect much changes from R7[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]RTM means Release to manufacture which in my case Leo Rom is shipped and not much updates will be available now.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I like the HTC Messaging software since I never keep much texts at one time I don't get any major issue.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Two versions of the same ROM but difference between the Phone Canvas one supports video and one supports Conference calls.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Footprints now worked which you just launch Footprints, take a Pic after GPS is enabled, go to HTC Album and click on pic and click menu and save as Footprints.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]If you don't like the weather animation you can disabled it by using my cab in post 2.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I will endeavour to fix any issue which I can and will update when available.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]If you like my work and want to send a beer or contribution you can click on my PayPal link.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][B]My ROMs are made close to Stock as possible but fully tweaked for speed , performance and stability, so please do not expect any alterations or manila modding[/B][/FONT][FONT=Calibri].[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/LIST]
[/LIST][/FONT]

>>>Using FootPrints
  • Now you can take pictures and edit them for use for Fooprints
  • First just take a picture and then go to HTC Album and and click save to Footprints and then edit your pic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>Observations
  • Rom is fast and stable and can be use for daily use.
  • Rom is fully tweaked and close to Stock Rom as possible
  • My Location is dependend on user Location and might not work for some.
[/CODE]

Autoinstall thanks to my Good friend Tom:

Code:
Create folder in Root of Storage Card called  [ Autoinstall ]
Copy all your cabs in that folder
After Flash , and during customisations all your cab will be installed.
Also set your cabs to read only
So get Your Storage Card prepared with all your Cabs to install.

Duttys WM6.5 Cab Repository:

http://rapidshare.com/files/288468099/Dutty_s_Topaz_WM6.5_Cabs_Repository_folder__Updated_.zip

Code:
boardgamesmo1_ppc_480x.ppc_2577.wm5
Duttys Collaps Chaos
Duttys Cyberon Voice Speed Dial [Updated]
Duttys Digital ComPass
Duttys Disable Current Location
Duttys Disable Keyboard VIBRATION
Duttys Enable Beam in Comm. Manager  [ To replace the Mobile Wifi in Comm.]
Duttys HTC Album Samples [Updated]
Duttys Jbed 5_1_0_0_20090416_5_1
Duttys JetCet Print 5 [WWE]
Duttys Manila Wallpaper Leo [Updated]
Duttys PimBackup [Updated]
Duttys WorldCard Mobile [WWE]
Esmertec Jbed 20090217.5.1R2
sudokumo1_ppc_480x.ppc_2577.wm5
Xtrakt

PLEASE HARD RESET AFTER FLASHING ROM.

Attachments

• RUU_Dutty's_Topaz_WM6.5_5.2.23016.5.0.3_Leo_Ultimate_R4.txt
    1,020 bytes · Views: 1,080
Last edited:

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
*Flashing Guide
SAFEST WAY TO FLASH YOUR ROM IS THROUGH STORAGE CARD METHOD:

* Copy TOPAIMG.NBH into the root dir of your Storage Card.
* Be sure to have at least 30% of charge.
* Turn off your device by using the Power Button.
* Go to Boot loader mode. Push and hold Vol. Down + press Power button.
* After that your device with have a white screen with text " Press to power button for continue upgrade or Press Volume down button for cancel upgrade , select press to power button and it will start upgrade Rom.

+ Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbRboNeo2XE

- this video made by wadialdoor ( Thanks u so much ! )

ALTERNATIVE WAY OF FLASHING YOUR ROM WITH RUU.exe

* Extract Rom download Folder.
* Be sure to have at least 50% of charge.
* Turn off your device by using the Power Button
* Go to Boot loader mode. Push and hold Vol. Down + press Power button.
* Connect your device to PC
* Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe and follow the screen instructions.

Last edited:

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
I'm trying my best to finish the Rom tommorrow, hasnt much sleep yet, If its not tommorrow will be saturday, leo Rom still is in beta stages even with the latest OEM.

pauloke

Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
Is Topaz really ready for Leo rom?

Great job Dutty

Thanks for the hard work.

In your honest opinion is the leo rom on topaz an every day rom or you believe overall it is just for testing and needs more tweaking?

Take your time - no rush.

Cheers for all the updates.

aussie1234

Dec 24, 2008
Australia
Using Dutty's 6.5 ROM

Hi Dutty

I am using your recent Topaz WM 6.5 R1 WWE ROM and I must say it is excellent and faster than others I have used.

I am looking forward to your Leo ROM.

Thanks for your great work.

Cheers!!

Aussie :)

P.S.
The work "soon" gives me a shudder down my spine after the last absolute fiasco with another cook. Hope you don't suffer the same fate.

Last edited:

tomtommy306

Jun 23, 2009
Round Rock TEXAS
Another one trying to force everyone to go to HTCPEDIA... Go ahead, go! And take your roms with you.

Thanks, but no thanks!

HTCpedia is a great site!
And Dutty is posting HERE so .... What's the problem??
You might wanna watch your mouth since you're talking about a MOD!!

Anyway.....Looking forward to the LEO Dutty!
The R1 of yours is very nice.
My new daily driver for now...:D
I've never seen a cook crank out the ROMs like you... Truly amazing!

Last edited:
C

conflipper

I gotta admit Dutty.... I am suprised you are not using new stuff. I didnt see any x.1919.1xxx packages in there.

"Notification_Enhancement"="3_0_1919_1430"
"New_Contact_Card"="1_1_19191327_01"
"Message_Enhancement"="1_2_19191230_01"
"HTCFramework"="1_1_19191329_00"
"VDesktopWarning"="1_10_0_0"
"AdobePDF"="2_5_1_0_395886_05H"
"Contact_Utility_Engine"="1_1_19191324_00"
"Email_Setup_Wizard"="2_0_19191328_20"
"GroupEditor"="1_0_19191423_00"
"HTCMessaging_Client"="1_1_19191615_01"
"Manila_Core"="2_5_19191228_1"
"Menu_Enhancement"="1_1_19191430_00"

Kinda disappointing to me. You always use to have latest in all your roms.

low-dogg

Aug 17, 2006
Using your R1 right now and LOVING it:) love the speed on manila... I would also like to know if this rom is more for testing then everyday use cause i tried other leo roms and there where many bugs i'm afraid..

low-dogg

Aug 17, 2006
Oh and one more thing.. In the manila 2.5 the picture tab has a new rotation option, wich work VERY slow on every 2.5 rom i have tried?!? why is this? i mean the touch 2 (leo) does not have that much better specs then our topaz?

pauloke

Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
Another one trying to force everyone to go to HTCPEDIA... Go ahead, go! And take your roms with you.

Thanks, but no thanks!

I really don't know why someone would be a ROM cook. I seriously couldn't be bothered with the hassle of ignorant posters as yourself. It have been 2 weeks now and Dutty has release 3 Roms for Topaz with a new thread for each one.

He is an mod here and HTCpedia but prefers to store his roms there (Its his roms, his choice).

I dont see what the problem is? Arguable 2 of the best rom cooks are on that site Tom Codon and Duttythroy but neither are forcing anyone to move. Why can you not be a member of both sites?

I guess with users like you lowering the tone at xda and it becoming fairly huge I can see why they are on another site.

pauloke

Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
What is the differrenc between Duttys Topaz WM6.5 R1 WWE and the Duttys Topaz WM6.5 Leo R0 WWE ???

The Leo ROM is from HTC Leo which is still to be released. It contains manila 2.5 where as the other rom in manila 2.1. The HTC Leo has a more powerful processor and has some have pointed out some of the current leo rom that have been cooked are running a bit slow on the topaz.

Hope that helps

emx_o

Aug 2, 2009
Munich
Oh and one more thing.. In the manila 2.5 the picture tab has a new rotation option, wich work VERY slow on every 2.5 rom i have tried?!? why is this? i mean the touch 2 (leo) does not have that much better specs then our topaz?

I think thats a problem of hardware acceleration, that won't really work with topaz by now. When there's a final Version built for our topaz in Oktober everything will (hopefully) be fine.