New-T-Mobile Radio/Modem Thread

Search This thread

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
To All, This is a new thread dedicated to trying to resolve the known problems with the current Hacked Radio/modems we all have experienced.

Please do not post already known issues over and over I will delete them. The Effort is to keep this thread clean and up to date with newly discovered fixes an/or new bugs.

Both Allgamer and I have a Note so any developer that needs something tested pm us and we will assist you as best we can

The issues we all seem to have experienced Are:

1. Dropped calls, this is a big issue... need to phone to never fail us..... especially for those who are business dependent.

2. Low up load speeds

3. Inconsistent data speed issues

4. Data dropping

5. Battery Drain/heat issues

If there are other specific issues that arise please post and I will itemize in the OP. Let's see if we can draft the assistance of a developer (s) who are excellent with radio/modem hacking. We are close to a final fix let's try to get across the finish line to 100% success.
Thanks to All who have to date helped in the quest of finding a perfect fix.
SPECIAL THANKS to All who paid the bounty..... kept your word....... and helped in any other way...... It REALLY warms the soul to know our community can come together and follow through on commitments......... Thank you all.... Oka1

Allgamer posted this for a fix for some : In case anyone still have the drop call issues, here's a good work around http://xdaforums.com/show...77&postcount=2

MobileBenz

May 21, 2010
Thank You

I just wanted to give Thanks to the guy that made this happen! I wasn't part of the initial bounty, but I sent him some cash! I love this device and just wanted to say Thank you!

Reactions: tomin.fhl

ruebs

Nov 26, 2009
San Diego
Wasn't there a few people who started a new bounty for the 100% properly working radio fix? Could the OP please add them to the first post and maybe keep a running total with names like the original bounty?

Also, are there any radio/modem developers who could give me a few tips on how to start working on this? I opened the radio files all gung-ho like but as they are binary I have no idea what's what in there :confused:

(Or, if a radio/modem developer is considering working on this, let me know and I would like to help and donate $20 if we are successful ;) )

timgt

May 13, 2008
Maryland
I just wanted to say thanks for making this happen first.

Second, I used the updated build.prop that was posted from the guy who figured this all out and then flashed my phone with the Telus radio even though I'm on T-Mobile. I am pleased to say this combo works PERFECT for ME.

I am getting download speeds of around 10Mbps and upload speeds are usually around 2 to 3Mbps. This is plenty fast enough. Also the data switching is instant between edge and 4g if I go out of a 4g area. My signal is also just as strong as other T-Mobile branded phones by looking at the dB level of the signal.

If you are having issues I would encourage you to try this combo. I am perfectly happy with my Notes performance. :D

Reactions: ffc8cb

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
The OP is a forum moderator and as per their rules, they cannot condone or participate in bounty threads. A separate thread would have to be started.

Cactoes Gel

Jan 30, 2012
SoCal

Second, I used the updated build.prop that was posted from the guy who figured this all out and then flashed my phone with the Telus radio even though I'm on T-Mobile. I am pleased to say this combo works PERFECT for ME.

I am getting download speeds of around 10Mbps and upload speeds are usually around 2 to 3Mbps. This is plenty fast enough. Also the data switching is instant between edge and 4g if I go out of a 4g area. My signal is also just as strong as other T-Mobile branded phones by looking at the dB level of the signal.

If you are having issues I would encourage you to try this combo. I am perfectly happy with my Notes performance. :D

City? :D

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
@ timgt- any heat build up in the phone or burning battery life quickly??

What's your average battery life/day with lite, mod, heavy use?

Thanks and so glad this is working great for you!

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

i agree it's working pretty good for me as well

i'm still undecided which radio is better KID or Telus
they both seems o be doing great
in my end the limitations is mainly due the service provider, even on my T989 i can't get good upload speed, and download speed is the same on both my T989 and i717
so from my point of view, it's as good as it'll get

the only bug i frequently encounter is the data getting hung

which thanks fully the NoBar took care of that issue for me, if there is no signal for more than X amount of minutes it'll restart the radio for me to catch a new signal

Pete720

Jul 14, 2010
I'm in Maryland. Near Rockville and Gaithersburg area

Silly question, I gues not all AT&T Notes are created equal? I tried flashing the KID modem and my Note was very unhappy. It started up but it was stuck in an unholy lag. I tried everything but it was not until I flashed one of the other 2 modems that it went back to normal. I am trying the Telus/build.prop combo and the download is a LITTLE better at just under 4Mps with still the lousy upload speed. I live in northern Delaware.

Reactions: jamesd86

tomin.fhl

Sep 30, 2007
Silly question, I gues not all AT&T Notes are created equal? I tried flashing the KID modem and my Note was very unhappy. It started up but it was stuck in an unholy lag. I tried everything but it was not until I flashed one of the other 2 modems that it went back to normal. I am trying the Telus/build.prop combo and the download is a LITTLE better at just under 4Mps with still the lousy upload speed. I live in northern Delaware.

Shouldn't have any lag in the operation of the phone. It is likely that the KID modem you are using was the original T-Mobile zip and not the modded one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Pete720

Jul 14, 2010
Shouldn't have any lag in the operation of the phone. It is likely that the KID modem you are using was the original T-Mobile zip and not the modded one.

Hmm maybe I got the wrong one. Where do I find the "modded" KID?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, you were correct sir I had the wrong one. I am downloading the one now that ends with "ATTNOTE" in the file name and give it another try.

Last edited:

timgt

May 13, 2008
Maryland
@ timgt- any heat build up in the phone or burning battery life quickly??

What's your average battery life/day with lite, mod, heavy use?

Thanks and so glad this is working great for you!

I don't notice any kind of heat issues with this device on any combo I've tried, however I don't play games for hours or anything.

As for battery life, it seems just a tad worse on battery with the build.prop modification and Telus radio but even with worse battery it is still the best life of any android device I've owned. With the data speeds I'm getting the battery life is an ok trade off.

krypto16

May 19, 2010
Katy
Google Pixel 3
Where can I find a working build.prop file? I downloaded the test.zip from the original post but I cannot extract using 7zip or jzip..it says incompatible compression method. Any help would be appreciated

timgt

May 13, 2008
Maryland
Where can I find a working build.prop file? I downloaded the test.zip from the original post but I cannot extract using 7zip or jzip..it says incompatible compression method. Any help would be appreciated

Here is the one i used. Rename it from build.doc to build.prop first. Make sure you backup your original file too.

Attachments

• build.doc
    5.6 KB · Views: 139

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To All, This is a new thread dedicated to trying to resolve the known problems with the current Hacked Radio/modems we all have experienced.

Please do not post already known issues over and over I will delete them. The Effort is to keep this thread clean and up to date with newly discovered fixes an/or new bugs.

Both Allgamer and I have a Note so any developer that needs something tested pm us and we will assist you as best we can

The issues we all seem to have experienced Are:

1. Dropped calls, this is a big issue... need to phone to never fail us..... especially for those who are business dependent.

2. Low up load speeds

3. Inconsistent data speed issues

4. Data dropping

5. Battery Drain/heat issues

If there are other specific issues that arise please post and I will itemize in the OP. Let's see if we can draft the assistance of a developer (s) who are excellent with radio/modem hacking. We are close to a final fix let's try to get across the finish line to 100% success.
    Thanks to All who have to date helped in the quest of finding a perfect fix.
    SPECIAL THANKS to All who paid the bounty..... kept your word....... and helped in any other way...... It REALLY warms the soul to know our community can come together and follow through on commitments......... Thank you all.... Oka1

Allgamer posted this for a fix for some : In case anyone still have the drop call issues, here's a good work around http://xdaforums.com/show...77&postcount=2
    Send me your e-mail address so I can send you the link so you can download the modem.

If I or someone else have helped you in any kind of way please press. Thank you
    One problem though, Telus does not use aws/1700.

The only reason their galaxy s2 does is because they used the same model as T-Mobile. So basically they just took off the T-Mobile branding and used the same phone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

That's right. ... the T989 Hercules was like a super global phone that worked with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300028

RESERVED.....
    No I still get this and nothing to click or touch

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I updated the link in my original post so you should be able to see the zip file now. You might need to download it from a PC if you continue to have problems.