Problem with SD card

Search This thread

shind12kl

Oct 4, 2010
Las Vegas
Hi I had this phone for while and bought the sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 sd card when I got this awesome phone. However lately my phone was acting strange. For past 4 days my phone will randomly unmount SD card and notify me that it got disconnected. When I turn on the screen then it will shortly mount the SD card and does not show these problem. Not only that these is happening consistently and keeping my phone awake and draining my battery as well. I don't have picture with me since I format my whole phone and SD card but this will happen at least 20 to 30 times in a hour.
I used to use Saurom Project Hybird 1.3.2 before and I format everything, from TWRP, and installed CleanRom ACE 4.5 but it is still happening with same problem.
Is there any way to fix these problem?

Last edited:

Alextorres06

Dec 13, 2012
Miami
Same here

Hi I had this phone for while and bought the sandisk Ultra 32GB class 10 sd card when I got this awesome phone. However lately my phone was acting strange. For past 4 days my phone will randomly unmount SD card and notify me that it got disconnected. When I turn on the screen then it will shortly mount the SD card and does not show these problem. Not only that these is happening consistently and keeping my phone awake and draining my battery as well. I don't have picture with me since I format my whole phone and SD card but this will happen at least 20 to 30 times in a hour.
I used to use Saurom Project Hybird 1.3.2 before and I format everything, from TWRP, and installed CleanRom ACE 4.5 but it is still happening with same problem.

I have the same problem with a 32gb San disk, after searching all day the only conclusion I came up with is that sd card is going bad and needs to be replaced preferably for one that is not a SanDisk. I guess they are not compatible

Reactions: shind12kl

juvenile43

Jan 8, 2009
Bay City, MI
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
I'm having the same problem it is not your SD card or at least I don't think so I read a different XD a thread for hey note 2 on a different carrier it was over 17 pages long of people having the exact same issue some say that the SanDisk 32 they are so then and that put in a piece of paper behind them will solve the problem but I'm not finding that word besides I find it funny it only does this when my phone is in sleep or when I'm in a phone call it is very annoying I currently am being told I have a blank SD card and sometimes later it may just work for no reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

RotBot

Nov 25, 2012
If you're getting heavy Media Server battery usage with the unmounts, it's could be a bad media file on your SD card crashing the Media Server and causing the unmounts.

I deleted podcasts, videos, and mp3s off of my SD card and the error went away. A clean format of the card should also work.

shind12kl

Oct 4, 2010
Las Vegas
I dont think that was my case. I format the sd card and keep it empty and mount the sd card and it was still having the problem. However when I change my sd card to my old one the error when away. I guess I got bad sd card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here

I have the same problem with a 32gb San disk, after searching all day the only conclusion I came up with is that sd card is going bad and needs to be replaced preferably for one that is not a SanDisk. I guess they are not compatible