Oneplus one on Koodo, no LTE

Search This thread

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
I've tried everything! Have the 16gb version, edited apns, deleted certain areas, re added. Checked info screen.

I got lte on my nexus 4 with the exact same settings from koodo. Not sure why the oneplus won't pick it up..

hashim71

May 5, 2012
Probably have the Chinese version which lacks the LTE bands for koodo. LTE well only work with Rogers or Fido on the Chinese version.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
The person I bought the phone had lte working with Bell. I'm not sure how to get it working on my carrier

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Radio is m8974. It doesn't say cyanogen on back at all.

I'm not familiar with the Canadian bands, but you have to look at the Chinese OPO and compare that with the Koodo LTE bands.
It could be possible that your friend has the Chinese version and is able to get LTE on Bell but not on Koodo or he has international which works.

Do the research and see if its compatible to begin with.

Edit:
bands_int-chi-jpg.29619

Mobile services provided by Koodo use Telus Mobility's CDMA, HSPA+ and LTE networks. CDMA devices, however, have been discontinued by Koodo outside of Northern Ontario and Manitoba.[9] Koodo Mobile's CDMA and HSPA networks use the 800 MHz and 1900 MHz frequencies while their LTE network uses 1700/2100 MHz (AWS).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koodo_Mobile

Last edited:

kokocabana

Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Here's a list of LTE bands that North American companies use.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks#Americas

It looks like Bell uses LTE bands 4,7,and 17 while Koodo(which is owned by Telus) only has band 4. If the back of your phone doesn't have Cyanogen written at the bottom then you have the chinese model. I'm sure Telus may eventually roll out more LTE bands but for now you might be out of luck.

Last edited: