[Q] Recommended Launchers and or ROMs

Search This thread

SimPup

Aug 11, 2009
Anyone tried Regina 3d launcher? Curious how it is on battery

Nevermind went back and read reviews! Looks like its a battery hog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Anyone tried Regina 3d launcher? Curious how it is on battery

Nevermind went back and read reviews! Looks like its a battery hog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Tried it, but there were not enough options for customizing to my taste. Still prefer go launcher.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network

Steve.99

Feb 26, 2012
Montreal
I am using:

ROM: Sky-ICS RC7.4 Speed
Launcher: Go Launcher

and i love it. Everything run smooth, no crash never! And i like all the theme/costum stuff/options i can get whit Go Launcher.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
I have to say Zeam, ADW EX, and qq launcher. In no particular order. I hate go launcher so much. Cant understand why so many people like it.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA App

bacheezy

Dec 17, 2010
Lake Jackson
Eugene (currently dev for 989) has a GB launcher 2 app that is awesome. Super simple, not really anything to customize but I love it. Basically an aosp gb launcher, no bells, no whistles, and certainly no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
I've used Go Launcher EX, ADW Launcher EX, Launcher Pro, TW Launcher, SweeterHome2, and SPB Shell 3D. SPB Shell is cool, but is really lacking in customization. I cant even change any of the icons and it can't even load contact pictures linked from facebook. ADW and Launcher Pro are alright, but I keep coming back to Go Launcher. I just stated playing around with SweeterHome2 (dead project that seems to have been revived very recently). It's still in beta and not on the market yet. It's got a lot of potential and the amount of customization is quite impressive, but the customization is not very intuitive or user friendly. For an example, check out some of dandylion's work here:
http://dandylion7.deviantart.com/art/arrow-283946242
http://dandylion7.deviantart.com/art/For-284474547

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got SPB Shell 3D for Christmas, so far I really LOVE it on my tablet (Acer Iconia A500) although it does have an issue occasionally when I come out of applications, having to load for 10seconds before my home screen comes up (I am going to email SPB about this).

I have no review about it on my phone just yet.....give me some time with it and I will report back.

It's a costly launcher, the most I have ever paid for any app, $14.95.

Download-New-SPB-3D-Shell-for-Andorid1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU84J1ShSQ

Oooooooo i will have to look into this. it looks nice. myabe i will put it on my phone today.

loving the features just from watching the video though.

another good look Mortem, hope it works the same on our phones.

i will also report back with info on it.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

the battery life will be interesting to see with this one...

but i have to say, it is AWESOME!!!!

the widgets and gestures are great. wish i could make the panels loopable( as in when u reach the last panel it cycles back to the first)

i never paid this much for an app, but im impressed with it so far. NO LAG AT ALL even will all the 3D stuff going on. our phone handles it with ease as far as i can tell. did notice it getting very hot. but i think thats because i am playing with it while it is on charge.

again good Find. and i will come back the battery results.
    Oooooooo i will have to look into this. it looks nice. myabe i will put it on my phone today.

loving the features just from watching the video though.

another good look Mortem, hope it works the same on our phones.

i will also report back with info on it.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

the battery life will be interesting to see with this one...

but i have to say, it is AWESOME!!!!

the widgets and gestures are great. wish i could make the panels loopable( as in when u reach the last panel it cycles back to the first)

i never paid this much for an app, but im impressed with it so far. NO LAG AT ALL even will all the 3D stuff going on. our phone handles it with ease as far as i can tell. did notice it getting very hot. but i think thats because i am playing with it while it is on charge.

again good Find. and i will come back the battery results.

It is very smooth on the phone but I do think it is lacking some very simple features. I really like it.....here is my review I posted on the market. So far battery isn't too effected from what I can tell.

Alex on December 27, 2011 (Version 1.5.2)
    Could be 5 stars....
    Very nice launcher but $14.95 is very over priced. I received this for Christmas and there are some very simple features missing. As others have said, swiping animations could be better, ADWEx does this better. Also folders could be better skinned, again I point to ADWEx for a better folder experience.

One of the biggest downfalls here, and I will investigate further to see if it is possible but at the moment I don't see the option, is not being able to customize icons. Being able to use custom icons is a MUST, other launchers have this option, other launchers that are FREE. Overall I enjoy the SPB Shell experience, but had to knock off a star for two things.

1. PRICE, $14.95 is thinking very highly of yourself. And before you say, why did you buy it? I received it as a gift because I wasn't going to pay that much for an app but I wanted to try it and someone got it for me.

2. Lack of simple customization, the biggest thing is not being able to change icons. Most all of the fairly priced launchers have this simple feature as well as much more. I am also having issues on my tablet when I exit an application and SPB Shell takes 10 or more seconds to load, I will email the dev.
    Yea i noticed that as well. but i am assuming this is a New app?? im sure the updates will have the customization that you are looking for.

i dont see how the Dev missed something so simple that ALL other launchers have...lol

and it was high priced, but unless the battery life just SUCKS....i think i will be keeping it. i do like the overall look and feel of it as of now. the icon thing cant be hard to add. but do really like some of the widgets that are in the launcher.

agan thanks for posting Mort!!
    Okay I have made some changes to this launcher and now my battery life is much better you just have to take some panels out that constantly update. My problem was the moon phase panel it ate my battery up weather was asleep or on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    Mortem or Silver!!!!!

on spb 3d Shell, the Messaging Widget. does it take 2 seconds to drop down on your phone as well.

i gave my mother my infuse, and i loaded up my google account and put it on there, but the infuse seems to drop down the messaging widget instintanious as the rocket i dont want to call it lag, but thats a good word...it lags almost 2 seconds before dropping the carrasel of messages.

do yall see this, or is just me?

yes it does